• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

imBask

Banned
Leafs don't want to trade any of their young forwards for a good defenseman, yet they have no defense

WELL THAT SURE REMINDS ME OF SOME OTHER TEAM

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder if Trouba for Hall was ever discussed, Trouba has wanted out since May, and that would have been miles better than Larson.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Exactly my thought. Trying to think of a piece that the Leafs could build a proposal around, nothing comes to mind.

I'd say at a starting point, dermott should be involved.

Beyond that... fuck i dunno

I'd prefer to stick with picks and prospects outside of our top prospects. (excluding kapanen and brown)

But the salary movement makes it hard. We have players that fit, but I would prefer to not move JVR and I am not sure Winnipeg would want Bozak... and Laich/Michalek would just be passing through, so they're pretty difficult to add.

I'd say at a starting point, dermott should be involved.

Beyond that... fuck i dunno

I'd prefer to stick with picks and prospects outside of our top prospects. (excluding kapanen and brown)

But the salary movement makes it hard. We have players that fit, but I would prefer to not move JVR and I am not sure Winnipeg would want Bozak... and Laich/Michalek would just be passing through, so they're pretty difficult to add.

I feel like Dermott is too early in his development to be the main piece in a trade for a D man who's already pretty far along. For all we know Dermott could be a bust (and if you ask NHLGaf he surely will).

They'd want someone back who's ready to go and a sure bet to be good. Leafs don't have many young players in that position.

zroid

Banned
Forgive my ignorance, but is Trouba even that good? What are his fancystats?

I think Trouba profiles as a slightly worse, albeit right handed, version of Rielly

in other words he's strong offensively, not good defensively, but overall a top 4 D-man

Yawnier

Banned
The leafs have little to offer outside of draft picks and forward prospects and I don't think the jets have much interest in either. Look at their prospect pool.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Trouba being blocked on the depth chart by Tyler Myers is a joke

that shouldn't be happening
I laughed at that too when Elliot said it, weird move from the Jets unless there's more to this story than anyone is letting on which wouldn't be surprising.

Tabris

My Swedes are going to take the Canucks kicking and screaming into that 8th slot in the playoffs and hopefully a puncher's chance at the cup!

"I appreciate that, but maybe you’re looking out for your interests just a little bit more. I mean you shouldn’t be asking people to come down here and pay the freight on something they paid that still ain’t good enough. I mean you think that’s right? I mean maybe you’re doing your job, but why you gotta stop me from doing mine? 'Cause if you’re willing to go through all the battling you gotta go through to get where you wanna get -- Who’s got the right to stop you? I mean maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really wanna do, something you never said to somebody -- somethin'! -- and you’re told "No," even after you pay your dues? Who’s got the right to tell you that? Who? Nobody. It’s your right to listen to your gut. It ain’t nobody’s right to say "No" after you earned the right to be where you wanna be and do what you wanna do.

You know, the older I get, the more things I gotta leave behind. That’s life. The only thing I’m asking you guys to leave on the table is what’s right...."

zroid

Banned
8dbf3d613f1545d6aaf391817ecae918.png

:lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
As far as #Leafs salary cap, Jared Cowen is officially bought out. His arb hearing will determine if buy-out was legal. He is not on roster

nice

Erdrick

I wanted the Jets to trade Trouba to the Oilers for their pick in the draft in June for Puljujarvi. It would have been great to have both Finns on our team. Plus, Edmonton does need some defencemen, so it would have fit them, but they're stupid and just draft forwards, it seems to me.

Trouba wants top line minutes? Start playing better. He says it's not about money? Bullshit. He wants like 6 million a year. He's played mediocre aside from his rookie year. I won't miss him if he is gone after this whole thing. As long as the Jets are properly paid in return for him, I'm fine with him elsewhere.

Socreges

Banned
I wanted the Jets to trade Trouba to the Oilers for their pick in the draft in June for Puljujarvi. It would have been great to have both Finns on our team. Plus, Edmonton does need some defencemen, so it would have fit them, but they're stupid and just draft forwards, it seems to me.

Trouba wants top line minutes? Start playing better. He says it's not about money? Bullshit. He wants like 6 million a year. He's played mediocre aside from his rookie year. I won't miss him if he is gone after this whole thing. As long as the Jets are properly paid in return for him, I'm fine with him elsewhere.
Apparently the Oilers were going to draft a dman at #4 until the BJs went full retard and drafted the center ahead of Puljujarvi.

Erdrick

Apparently the Oilers were going to draft a dman at #4 until the BJs went full retard and drafted the center ahead of Puljujarvi.

Yeah, I mean, I don't blame them for taking him, but they still strike me as one of the worst managed teams in the NHL in the past decade or more.

But who knows? Maybe they will improve this year, finally.

Top Bottom