• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Marvie_3

Banned
I wanted the Jets to trade Trouba to the Oilers for their pick in the draft in June for Puljujarvi. It would have been great to have both Finns on our team. Plus, Edmonton does need some defencemen, so it would have fit them, but they're stupid and just draft forwards, it seems to me.

Trouba wants top line minutes? Start playing better. He says it's not about money? Bullshit. He wants like 6 million a year. He's played mediocre aside from his rookie year. I won't miss him if he is gone after this whole thing. As long as the Jets are properly paid in return for him, I'm fine with him elsewhere.
you can have Seabrook for him

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm debating what would be the best option to watch the Habs this year, since i'm not at my parents anymore and thus don't have free access to their cable subscription.

So basically, my known choices are:
- 40$/month cable access, which would include RDS/TSN (and all their sub-channels), TVA Sports (ugh), Sportsnet
- 180$/year for Gamecenter Live, but as I understand it I won't be able to watch regional games, right?

Are there any other options?
Also, does anyone know if all the Habs games that are broadcast on TVA Sports are also broadcast on Sportsnet?

Quick

Banned
A $40 cable package seems like the answer (legally). Don't even think about Gamecentre exactly because it doesn't broadcast games in your region.

Even online streams aren't incredibly reliable either.

yyzjohn

Banned
So I'm debating what would be the best option to watch the Habs this year, since i'm not at my parents anymore and thus don't have free access to their cable subscription.

- 40$/month cable access, which would include RDS/TSN (and all their sub-channels), TVA Sports (ugh), Sportsnet
- 180$/year for Gamecenter Live, but as I understand it I won't be able to watch regional games, right?

Also, does anyone know if all the Habs games that are broadcast on TVA Sports are also broadcast on Sportsnet?

Your best option is not to watch the Habs.

imBask

Banned

there are always OTHER OPTIONS ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

180$ + a paid VPN is your best bet if you want to watch everything legally, and if you really don't care about cable TV. Well actually, 40$ is not that much to be honest I don't know how or where you found that deal

Quick

Banned
there are always OTHER OPTIONS ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

180$ + a paid VPN is your best bet if you want to watch everything legally, and if you really don't care about cable TV. Well actually, 40$ is not that much to be honest I don't know how or where you found that deal

lol this is what I was thinking. $40 isn't much, and $180+VPN seems like a lot of effort.

imBask

Banned
lol this is what I was thinking. $40 isn't much, and $180+VPN seems like a lot of effort.

i'm currently looking at the 2 cable providers in Montreal... the cheapest option is videotron for $50 a month but there's also a $60 installation fee. Bell won't let you have Fibe TV unless I pay for their stupid overpriced internet lol

for the whole season is still cheaper through Gamecenter and a good VPN somehow, it's fucking stupid I hate cable TV so much

Cake Boss

Banned
These cable providers should offer a package that consists only of sports channels. $20 a month for just 5-6 channels.

TSN, Sportsnet, TVA, RDS.

imBask

Banned
These cable providers should offer a package that consists only of sports channels. $20 a month for just 5-6 channels.

they'd lose half of their normal subscribtion in favor of this, that's the problem. Mr. Normie doesn't care about paying $60 a month just for hockey because he doesn't know any better and doesn't do any research

zroid

Banned

TSN, Sportsnet, TVA, RDS.

God I wish

but these assholes know that sports is the only thing people still want to watch on TV, so they intentionally make it as hard as possible to get only sports. would be nice if the CRTC did their fucking jobs for once.

God I wish

but these assholes know that sports is the only thing people still want to watch on TV, so they intentionally make it as hard as possible to get only sports. would be nice if the CRTC did their fucking jobs for once.

The CRTC only does their jobs when big American companies decide to come into Canada, and so we need to rev up the Canadian napoleonic complex to drive them out, ala' Verizon a few years ago.

Silexx

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 8m8 minutes ago

MacArthur is being helped off the ice. Got hit by Seiloff. #Sens

no.gif

Zeeman

@wtyky
Good news: Ryan just got hit in the face with the puck & went to the room. #deadinside

OK, great camp guys! Let's wrap it up now.

.@Pammerhockey: Neil and Brassard now go after Sieloff. Shean Donovan asked Sieloff to leave the bench. Tensions are running high. #Sens

How not to make friends 101

imBask

Banned
oh I got one of the rarer Tim Hortons hockey card, a very nice 3D Gaudreau! Maybe I should call the shop near my place and try to flip it right away

Top Bottom