• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Doom's campaign is amazing, I was worried the pacing would eventually fall flat a bit, but that hasn't happened so far. It's kind of crazy that Wolfenstein: TNO and Doom both turned out to be as good as they are.

As far as comedies, Scrubs is the best.

Doom is my GOTY. Even with Overwatch and Legion coming out.

I'm not big on sitcom type comedy, but I've heard good things about Master of None. I hate Aziz Ansari though, is it still worth checking out or will that be too big of a barrier?

Oh dude, if you hate Aziz then avoid it.

It's a whole lotta him going "whaaaaaat?" "women get stalked?" "WHAAAAAT" "maaaaan"

HOWEVER, it has Eric Wareheim and he directed a few eps.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh dude, if you hate Aziz then avoid it.

It's a whole lotta him going "whaaaaaat?" "women get stalked?" "WHAAAAAT" "maaaaan"

HOWEVER, it has Eric Wareheim and he directed a few eps.
That's exactly what I hate about him :lol :lol

Comes across as so corny and cheap humour to me, I'll just stick to avoiding it like I have been.

MARVIE

ogLHwTh.jpg

Stasis

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Tabris, but Scrubs is my favourite comedy show of all-time.

Same =/ But you liking it too kinda balances things out.

I'm not big on sitcom type comedy, but I've heard good things about Master of None. I hate Aziz Ansari though, is it still worth checking out or will that be too big of a barrier?

Really not a fan of Aziz's stand-up (like I can't get through a show...) but I loved Master of None. I guess it's worth a shot.

imBask

Banned
is the format the same as the Canadian one? where they don't actually debate but end up spewing pre-written lines while looking straight at the camera?

Foggy

is the format the same as the Canadian one? where they don't actually debate but end up spewing pre-written lines while looking straight at the camera?

With Trump involved I would expect anything from props to farm animals to front row seats for women who slept with Bill Clinton.

Foggy

Because I know people are dying to know

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
It was awful. Tortorella: "Let's not make any judgments here as far as today. Today was going to be a mess."

As Tortorella notes, you can't skate players as hard as they've been skated the last 3 days and expect to look quick, sharp in exhibition

Two observations:
#CBJ players are actively hoping they're in preseason lineups because it gets them out of the extreme skating drills.

During one of the every-other-shift scrimmages, players from both teams barked at a goalie to "Freeze it!" so they could get a quick blow.

zroid

Banned
Because I know people are dying to know

It was awful. Tortorella: "Let's not make any judgments here as far as today. Today was going to be a mess."

As Tortorella notes, you can't skate players as hard as they've been skated the last 3 days and expect to look quick, sharp in exhibition

Two observations:
#CBJ players are actively hoping they're in preseason lineups because it gets them out of the extreme skating drills.

During one of the every-other-shift scrimmages, players from both teams barked at a goalie to "Freeze it!" so they could get a quick blow.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Missed the comedy shows discussion on last page, but I loved the Office, thought Parks and Rec was good for the first few seasons while the last two were terrible, 30 Rock was pretty good at times, That 70s Show ranged from bad (last season) to absolute gold around season 2-3, and think Friends is probably the best of all comedies ever.

Tried to get into Arrested Development, Louie, and Always Sunny and didn't really like them at all.

Have yet to try Scrubs.

I am always in the minority but I never liked Seinfeld. I don't think I ever sat through an entire episode.

I'm in the same boat. I don't like it and I don't really dislike it. I just always changed the channel if I ever stumbled upon it. Better stuff is on TV somewhere. And if not, I should probably play a game or go outside or something.

Torts did OK with the Rangers, I think. His one clear disaster was with the Canucks.

Edit: shadowkat's frankly treasonous opinions on should be stricken from the record.

Torts did OK with the Rangers, I think. His one clear disaster was with the Canucks.

I remember that when he came in, I thought he would whip in the absolutely stupid and asinine Vancouver media into shape and maybe stop spinning dumb goalie controversies and making mountains out of molehills.

He was actually doing alright. Then the Hartley incident happened, and it all raised to a crescendo with that year's Heritage Classic.

That would terrify my kids.

It's unsettling to look at for more than a second or two.

& I completely forgot about Torts' failed one man blitzkrieg. Hahaha that was fantastic.

People forget that for the most part, the Canucks were competitive in October and December, with a lull in November.

And when January came around that was when the drama started.

Foggy

Torts has become a joke so people think he's worse than he actually is. Even looking at WHC, it was all about LOL TORTS when there was plenty of mockery shared. He's not going to win a cup again or feasibly compete for one, but as a fan of the team I can only hope for some luck a la Roy and Hartley.

There's a reason people forgot he was in the league. Just quietly coaching a bad team in Columbus. Put him in the spotlight and people are gonna carve their piece of schadenfreude.

Quick

Banned
Loved The Office. I caught up when there were only three seasons and watched it straight to the end since. Despite very terrible decisions with story arcs and character developments post-Michael, I never wavered and watched till the end. What I really hated was Pam being painted as a villain later on, despite the course-correction afterwards.

I watched Season 1 of Parks and Rec in its entirety and it didn't really click with me since Leslie seemed too much like Michael Scott, but I've seen it in bits, and I liked what I've seen, though I haven't seen Season 7. It's on my list of things to watch. What stood out to me was how the show changed from an Office clone to really its own thing. I actually wonder if breaking off from the Mockumentary style would've been even better for the show.

I missed the first couple of seasons of 30 Rock, but I watched a majority of its episodes after. It remained consistent for the most part.

Arrested Development is fucking great.

Louie is also great, but I stopped watching after season 4.

Master of None is one of my favourite shows from last year, but I think it needs more than the first episode to really be judged accordingly. I certainly didn't take a liking to it until the second or third episode. The show also introduced me to Father John Misty.

Always Sunny is something I will watch someday. I want to watch it if only to understand the references made here on GAF.

Going back to The Office, I've only seen a few episodes of the UK version. I thought they were good, and I like that the series is only two seasons long.

I've seen one season of Extras, but it's one of my favourites. Highly recommend this.

And on the trail of Gervais/Merchant shows, I do recommend Stephen Merchant's solo outing of Hello Ladies. Unfortunately short-lived, but that might actually be a blessing for it. It's only 8 episodes and a movie, so not much commitment to make for it.

I quickly caught up with You're The Worst, though I haven't been able to watch the third season due to being away, but I do recommend that as well.

Im playing super Mario 3D world for the first time and Im wondering if the Green stars add anything. I fucking hate collecting things, especially in my Marios and if the only thing I have to do Is to find them.

zroid

Banned
Im playing super Mario 3D world for the first time and Im wondering if the Green stars add anything. I fucking hate collecting things, especially in my Marios and if the only thing I have to do Is to find them.

ummm... I'm pretty sure they unlock something, but I can't remember what. But I think you need them all as well as all the flag poles to unlock the final stage.

That final stage still gives me nightmares. 😱

Socreges

Banned
You need some of them to progress. You need many or all to unlock some levels much later in the game

They normally require some skill to find or reach. And they're the only collectible (besides coins)

ummm... I'm pretty sure they unlock something, but I can't remember what. But I think you need them all as well as all the flag poles to unlock the final stage.

That final stage still gives me nightmares. 😱
Why is this? I want challenging platforming and not running around looking for stuff :(

Edit: It feels like a quick job compared to galaxy.

Thanks to both of you for the answers though.

Top Bottom