• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Socreges

Banned
Rumours? What ever, nothing ever happens because all the dumbass GAF-GMs here toss out NMC/NTCs to every poster with a half good playoff thread run.

It's not their fault that the market dictates that posters with good playoff thread performance get NMCs.

This all started with Soc. After the Canucks SCF appearance he was up for contract renewal. He gets his NMC, and sure enough Solo (who was also up for renewal that year, and had put in some decent work along the Habs run) gets one too.

Now everybody gets one for fear that Las Vegas is going to come in and start throwing it's money around, snapping up all the prospects that fall through the cracks.
Solo is an interesting situation, what with being on LTIR for so long and no timetable for his return. 7 micro-concussions so far throughout 2016... then that last blow in July. I think he's been in the quiet room ever since. Apparently Coyotes-GAF is interested, though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
so

remember how I said I was getting a raise just a few months into my new job?

HR responded to my boss that he's not allowed to give me a raise because I'm still in my "probation period". My probation period lasts a year. Coincidentally, my contract also lasts a year.

It's virtually impossible for me to get a raise unless I get a promotion or my job is re-classified.

And I also can't get the raise applied retroactively, so basically my boss WANTS to pay me more money, more from HIS OWN MONEY (his research grant), but HR (from the university) won't let him. bullshit.

so

HR responded to my boss that he's not allowed to give me a raise because I'm still in my "probation period". My probation period lasts a year. Coincidentally, my contract also lasts a year.

It's virtually impossible for me to get a raise unless I get a promotion or my job is re-classified.

And I also can't get the raise applied retroactively, so basically my boss WANTS to pay me more money, more from HIS OWN MONEY (his research grant), but HR (from the university) won't let him. bullshit.

Communism

Smiley90

Also, AngmarKingtworandomnumbers is a Canes fan, he posts every once in a blue moon. Also something with E. Enigma? no. Another user whose name starts with an E I'm pretty sure. Entropia?

the new Devils fan is a rarity, and since Teethmummy has disappeared I can't recall another Isles fan.

so

Make a new position, get promoted to it, profit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
so

In their defense, it IS pretty unusual to get a pay raise in less than a year on a contract no less. The only time I've come across it is if you're in a union; for example, my friend works for the TTC and he had 3 pay raises in his first year for various reasons.

Smiley90

Make a new position, get promoted to it, profit.

I'm gonna tell me boss just that. I want that sweet, sweet money.

(though arguably, "reclassification" is easier. Then he just has to argue that the job involves more than initially anticipated. Promotion I have to apply for and there's an actual job posting required.)

In their defense, it IS pretty unusual to get a pay raise in less than a year on a contract no less. The only time I've come across it is if you're in a union; for example, my friend works for the TTC and he had 3 pay raises in his first year for various reasons.

There was a windfall of money and he gave everyone a promotion. everyone's went through except mine because I'm the only one who's been here less than a year. Arguably it's his money so he should be able to spend it as he sees fit, that's my point of view at least.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna tell me boss just that. I want that sweet, sweet money.

(though arguably, "reclassification" is easier. Then he just has to argue that the job involves more than initially anticipated. Promotion I have to apply for and there's an actual job posting required.)

There was a windfall of money and he gave everyone a promotion. everyone's went through except mine because I'm the only one who's been here less than a year. Arguably it's his money so he should be able to spend it as he sees fit, that's my point of view at least.

That route does seem easier and if he really wants to give it to you, there shouldn't be a problem. Good luck! (Coors on you next time)

Stasis

What is it you do Smiley, if I may? PM (or not) if you don't wanna discuss openly... I get that.

Also, did anyone do an online pool or some shit. Is anyone? I may join in this year. I'm debating...

edit: There are so many hockey fans on GAF that I see in other threads via comments, usernames, avatars. I always mention this community but they never come. I think you guys are too rough on newbies. Granted I didn't find it too hard to join in, but I came in smooth like butter and slow as fuck over time. I'm still casual mostly. I do enjoy occasional bitch fests with Caps/Flyers/Devils/Isles/Pens fans during games though. But I like Jhonny too much now to shit on him =/

Stasis

Can we send Sirbat to Robidas Island?

I'm certain he searches that name too now. We need a new one.

Also, it's a fucking shame HS died. I don't want that NHL bullshit, I'm a cord cutter, and I need a reliable Rangers stream. There's one decent one but it's not always on.

I found a badass Habs one though, if anyone's looking. Not sure if he's always on but he's a cool guy and the stream is quality. Mostly French (chat I mean, stream always is) but some of the guys speak English. I've been in there shooting the shit with them for most of the WC games I watched. They've been pretty cool and accommodating to fans of other teams.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm certain he searches that name too now. We need a new one.

Also, it's a fucking shame HS died. I don't want that NHL bullshit, I'm a cord cutter, and I need a reliable Rangers stream. There's one decent one but it's not always on.

I found a badass Habs one though, if anyone's looking. Not sure if he's always on but he's a cool guy and the stream is quality. Mostly French (chat I mean, stream always is) but some of the guys speak English. I've been in there shooting the shit with them for most of the WC games I watched. They've been pretty cool and accommodating to fans of other teams.

I wouldn't be mad if you PM'd me this source of yours, just saying.

imBask

Banned
lots of great albums this year. Blonde is not in my top whatever, it was alright though. Blackstar is, that album was fucking incredible

Stasis

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich still impressing. That was pretty dominant.

I hope this line sticks. Clendening did well there too. You around Meta? You there?

PillarEN

lots of great albums this year. Blonde is not in my top whatever, it was alright though. Blackstar is, that album was fucking incredible

Haven't really listened to much 2016 content. The newest Pity Sex album which was cool. Saw them before their female guitarist/singer left. Literally their last show together. But the band will soldier on.

Inquisition dropped a new record and I listened to some tracks and basically said "yep that sounds good"

Hikaru Utada just dropped an album today. Really excited about that.
And speaking of Japan I enjoyed the new Kyary Pamyu Pamyu tracks which were part of the best of album.

I put off Deftones' Gore for now. Looking forward to the new American Football album.

zroid

Banned
Apparently Panarin wants $6M AAV on his next contract (starting 2017-18)

if he can come close to repeating his success from last season again that would be a bargain

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Now Kreider from Clendening and Bodie. No gifs for preseason shit.

Also, Josh Jooris has a groin injury and will not return.

Nobody wants either of you.

tfwespm.gif

What's everyone's gamer tag on Xbox :eek: I'll add you all

FUBAR McDangles

Stasis

Now Kreider from Clendening and Bodie. No gifs for preseason shit.

Also, Josh Jooris has a groin injury and will not return.

Zib Kreider Buch Clendening have been great.

Jooris with an injury just makes it easier. I wanted to see more of him but have to believe Gerbe would have been a lock down there. Grabner - Gerbe - Fast?

That said, lacking toffnezz. Glass not going to AHL. =/

edit: Clendening and Zib again playing well with Pirri finishing.

Stasis

Brandon Pirri from Zibby and Kreider for another PPG. I could get used to this.

Yeah I'm liking this. Clendening has been a big part too. Thing is, that does put a block on McIlrath again. Hate to see him move but I think it happens if this keeps going.

I was looking forward to our Sauer "replacement". Glass will somehow stick around and McIl will be moved. We haven't seen Paliotta yet either.

I bought a Xbox 360

What now

buy Gears of War. Shit, even buy the trilogy. Amazing games, but the first is my favourite.

Forza 4 and Horizon are great racers for what they do.

The exclusive JRPGs for the system are nice curiosities but Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey are legitimately good in my eyes. The Last Remnant is kinda cool but runs like shit on 360.

Halo 4 single player is not bad if you go in expecting a characterised Chief over the empty vessel of the other games.

A lot of early third party games run notably better on 360, so if there are any you missed out on before I'd get them there.

Also if for some reason you have Kinect with it... don't sleep on Dance Central if you like rhythm games

Top Bottom