• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Stasis

You do realize that people can cheer for teams outside of where they live, right?

I know it'll be hard after that last comment but listen to Soc. I'm getting there.

Just don't. The rest of us ALL understand. Eventually we all get there. you just go 'oh' and ignore it. It took me longer than most since I don't post as much. I'm telling you, trust the vets. Most don't even see because of ignore.

Foggy

I'd imagine Shaw is in a better position to be loved on a team like Chicago where there's way more talent, but I'm sure he'll get a pocket of rabid fans in Montreal.

So our AHL crew + Grigorenko beat half of the Wild's NHL roster tonight. Dubnyk played all three periods.

Wouldn't say half the roster. There were six legitimate NHL players from the Wild that played. Then several really young guys and AHL scrubs.

That said, it apparently still wasn't even a close game. 4-1 with one empty netter. Plus your goalie had an absolutely amazing scramble desperation save that would have been a goal 99.999999999999% of the time.

Several tweets claim Wild players didn't have very much energy (what the fuck) and that many young players hurt their case more than they helped it. Foggy, you'll be happy: Mike Reilly was apparently terrible.

Oh, so 3/4 of the roster then.

RS56gLs.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
So if ever there were a golden opportunity for somebody to come in with an offer sheet, this would be it. If you really wanted Nikita Kucherov. Because if the Lightning are going to match the offer sheet – boy, does it cause them enormous heartache. And Steve Yzerman is going through this all again next year. Jonathan Drouin. Ondrej Palat. Tyler Johnson. Welcome to my nightmare.

BobbyMac.

Yo Dorion, theres you MacArthur replacement. Don't be a pussy.

imBask

Banned
the NHL is fucking boring, in the NBA 29 teams would've already made an offer to Kucherov and he'd have a damn 30min special on ESPN to tell us where he's going

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the NHL is fucking boring, in the NBA 29 teams would've already made an offer to Kucherov and he'd have a damn 30min special on ESPN to tell us where he's going

This is because team building is so important in the NHL.

Those firsts are a high price. Cap hit is a high price.

Cap + NTCs handed out like candy + high UFA age + game getting faster leading to a descending retiring age ultimately hurts roster movement

NHL teams are built with many stars, not just one.

I still think RFA offer sheets should not be matchable, have a lower compensation and be an auction where you don't know who is putting up the offers so it kind of works like a waiver wire.

Solo

Radulov, if nothing else, will make the team fun to watch for the first time in a while. Seems like he's having a blast.

Warrior brand manager:

Me:
Wait. What?
Johnny Gaudreau uses a 55 flex!?!?

Warrior Pro dept:
Yes

Link

For context, most adults playing hockey go between 85-110 flex. Zdeno Chara uses a 155 flex stick.

Johnny Hockey is using a stick usually sold to 10-12 year olds.

zroid

Banned
7fc41de199ec4bc19293b260740c3845.png

lol @ Ristolainen and Lindholm seeking comparable contracts

it very well could happen, but woof

Lindholm is certainly worth close to what Ekblad got, but Risto... uhhhhh

Wouldn't say half the roster. There were six legitimate NHL players from the Wild that played. Then several really young guys and AHL scrubs.

That said, it apparently still wasn't even a close game. 4-1 with one empty netter. Plus your goalie had an absolutely amazing scramble desperation save that would have been a goal 99.999999999999% of the time.

Several tweets claim Wild players didn't have very much energy (what the fuck) and that many young players hurt their case more than they helped it. Foggy, you'll be happy: Mike Reilly was apparently terrible.

The biggest impression I got about the game was that Dubnyk was bad, and his second goal against was fully Oilers-era Dubnyk.

Here's a behind the back save.

Delryk

Early October, they said. All lies.

Question is... What exactly happens if he wins?

I think if he wins, Leafs will need to fully pay Cowen right away. But the buyout stays put in terms of the team....

So for the Leafs, it doesn't matter on wether he wins or not. ;)

zroid

Banned
I think if he wins, Leafs will need to fully pay Cowen right away. But the buyout stays put in terms of the team....

So for the Leafs, it doesn't matter on wether he wins or not. ;)
are you sure there won't be a cap hit? that doesn't seem realistic

Delryk

are you sure there won't be a cap hit? that doesn't seem realistic

hmm.. you may be right... found a better article that explains everything...

The suggestion here is that the NHL allowed the buyout to proceed normally for cap purposes for the time being. In arbitration scheduled for early-to-mid October, the two sides will argue over whether Cowen is owed the full amount of his 2016-17 salary — $4.5 million — because he was not healthy enough to be bought out, or if the Leafs owe him only a third of the $4.5 million because it was a legal under-26 buyout.

Whether or not an unfavorable ruling for the Leafs could lead to a cap penalty — or the return of Cowen’s full $3.1 million cap hit to the Leafs’ books — is unclear at this time.

After removing Jared Cowen from the Leafs roster, replacing him a cap credit of $650,000 and adding Nikita Zaitsev, the Leafs have about $2 million in cap space with a 25-man roster presently. Pared down to 23, the Leafs would have over $3 million cap space without using any Long Term Injury Reserve relief. Cushion underneath the cap would be available to account for the performance bonuses achievements of Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, William Nylander and company that will be applied at season’s end.

We’ll have to await confirmation of the details, but this looks like it is good news for the Toronto Maple Leafs’ cap situation this season and next.

Virtanen injured last night. Sigh.

Tampa is going to be interesting to watch over the next few seasons. The biggest contracts they can offload (Garrison, Callahan, Filppula, Bishop) have NMC's/NTC's.

Myers has looked real good this preseason. He will be back in juniors though.

I think Provy for sure is still staying up. Hopefully Konecny plays well tonight. I want to see him on the roster as well, but whether or not he is at the start I think we see him sometime this season in the NHL for sure.

Mase is looking good so far as well. Glad to have 2 quality options at goalie.

I am really liking our third line as well. I have hopes of making the yoffs again but I don't see us making too much noise until next year.

Top Bottom