• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Marvie_3

Banned
These are apparently the Devils lines against us tonight. I'm pretty sure most of these aren't hockey players.

Cammalleri-Zajac-Lappin
Zacha-Kalinin-Bennett
Gibbons-Fiddler-Smith-Pelly
Coleman-McLeod-Pietila
Why do they have 4 players on the 3rd line? 😒

imBask

Banned
not gonna lie, it's really hard to get excited for hockey right now. Bergevin is killing me slowly. A couple of years from now we're going to be at the bottom of the standings because of everything he's done, it's pretty much set in stone by now, makes it hard to get into it. Although we are winning the cup this year so at least there's that

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
goddamn got an amazing deal on an 18pc sushi tray for $5
at the chinese supermarket
I don't think that's a deal...
not gonna lie, it's really hard to get excited for hockey right now. Bergevin is killing me slowly. A couple of years from now we're going to be at the bottom of the standings because of everything he's done, it's pretty much set in stone by now, makes it hard to get into it. Although we are winning the cup this year so at least there's that
I'm not sure what other moves he's done but I wouldn't go so far as to say you guys will be Oilering in a few years.

Trading Subban for Weber was and is a mistake. Drafting Sergachev was a great move though (I wish we could've somehow gotten him and Matthews). Keeping Therrien was and is a mistake. Bringing back Miller will help though and I also wouldn't have minded having Muller.

Why are you Canadians making us pay extra money when we travel into or EVEN THROUGH Canada? What did we do this time to deserve this?

LINK
I blame the exchange rate.

Stasis

These are apparently the Devils lines against us tonight. I'm pretty sure most of these aren't hockey players.

Cammalleri-Zajac-Lappin
Zacha-Kalinin-Bennett
Gibbons-Fiddler-Smith-Pelly
Coleman-McLeod-Pietila

It's these types of games we lose so Debbies fans can take to the streets and parade around claiming to be the best NYC area team.

Looking forward to seeing the Vesey line. If that one can work and stick like the Kreider line with Buch I'd be ecstatic. Could be a fun season to watch, even if we end up mediocre overall due to obvious D weaknesses.

imBask

Banned
I don't think that's a deal...

I'm not sure what other moves he's done but I wouldn't go so far as to say you guys will be Oilering in a few years.

Trading Subban for Weber was and is a mistake. Drafting Sergachev was a great move though (I wish we could've somehow gotten him and Matthews). Keeping Therrien was and is a mistake. Bringing back Miller will help though and I also wouldn't have minded having Muller.

I blame the exchange rate.

maybe not Oilering, but the Weber contract + the 12M contract Price will sign scare me to death. Also the confidence is gone, I don't see why they wouldn't just trade Galchenyuk or anyone remotely "problematic" for some gritty player. The mentality is just wrong and I think we're kinda fucked

maybe not Oilering, but the Weber contract + the 12M contract Price will sign scare me to death. Also the confidence is gone, I don't see why they wouldn't just trade Galchenyuk or anyone remotely "problematic" for some gritty player. The mentality is just wrong and I think we're kinda fucked

yeah you all are pretty fucked.

At least the Habs fans here are very aware of it.

Stasis

Most fans around me are now very optimistic. It was suicide watch for a while after the Subban trade but they've all come around and now say it's better. They're psyched for Radulov, Shaw and Weber. Personally I think the Habs will be a good team this year, especially with a healthy Jesus price. Maybe fear the future though, yeah. But that's every competitive team at some point really. Except the Hawks somehow.

Lotta solid talent on your team. Maybe some unknowns on how the D will play out for now but not nearly as bad as our situation. Good group of forwards. Price...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You guys need to relax, Habs will be fine. Good chance they're in a dog fight with Tampa all year for top of their division, and Bergevin is obviously looking to push for a cup now while we have reasonable contracts for Our best players and I'm fine with that. I'd rather take a shot then wait and blow our window.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I'm in the same boat. I like the team, but have no confidence whatsoever in a management team that chose Therrien over Subban.

imBask

Banned
You guys need to relax, Habs will be fine. Good chance they're in a dog fight with Tampa all year for top of their division, and Bergevin is obviously looking to push for a cup now while we have reasonable contracts for Our best players and I'm fine with that. I'd rather take a shot then wait and blow our window.

I hope and I still think we're going to contend this year with Price healthy, no matter what CockBoss thinks. But it'll all depend on the first 10 games of the season. If for some reason Galchenyuk falls flat/gets injured or Pacioretty can't score or someone important gets injured, the morale could go down real fast following last season and the team might end up collapsing

Red_Man

Kucherov not reporting to camp until his contract situation is figured out. Someone really needs to offer sheet him. I don't know why a GM from the east hasn't done it, it will fuck Tampa a bit.

I hope and I still think we're going to contend this year with Price healthy, no matter what CockBoss thinks. But it'll all depend on the first 10 games of the season. If for some reason Galchenyuk falls flat/gets injured or Pacioretty can't score or someone important gets injured, the morale could go down real fast following last season and the team might end up collapsing
Last year was an anomaly, everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. Everyone saying they can't wait for the teams collapse this season are in for a surprise.

Weber will be great for the first few years then will probably slow down. Our Defence in a couple of years is going to be questionable. Markov will retire and that will be a big hole to fill. I wanna see what Sergachev can do tonight.
I'm in the same boat. I like the team, but have no confidence whatsoever in a management team that chose Therrien over Subban.

It sounds to me that it was The Team and Therrien vs Subban now.

imBask

Banned
Weber will be great for the first few years then will probably slow down. Our Defence in a couple of years is going to be questionable. Markov will retire and that will be a big hole to fill. I wanna see what Sergachev can do tonight.

People already saying Sergachev will replace him are out of their god damn mind. Let him play at least ONE game in the NHL before saying that, some people don't understand how great and important Markov has been

Last year was an anomaly, everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. Everyone saying they can't wait for the teams collapse this season are in for a surprise.

I don't expect it to collapse, i'm saying the team is going to be fragile to start the season and the chances of it happening are higher than usual

Holiday

Banned
Kucherov not reporting to camp until his contract situation is figured out. Someone really needs to offer sheet him. I don't know why a GM from the east hasn't done it, it will fuck Tampa a bit.
Maybe they are waiting to offer sheet Johnson next year instead.

Foggy

When your team is so fragile that it manages to fail harder than the Leafs, I don't know how much confidence is really deserved.

imBask

Banned
they also won 3 cups in the worst era, where dirty hits and heavy hooking were legal and encouraged. They capitalized on horrible rules, yay

Red_Man

I won't be able to watch the game tonight, imbask will have to toss some extra salt once one of the Sens goons tries to injure our guys.

Top Bottom