• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Socreges

Banned
Started watching the Federer/Raonic match at 1030....big mistake. Hooked now. That rally in the 5th set where Raonic broke Federer to go up 3-1 :O

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Started watching the Federer/Raonic match at 1030....big mistake. Hooked now. That rally in the 5th set where Raonic broke Federer to go up 3-1 :O

Federer is old now, it's amazing he can still make it to the Semis. GOAT.

hope Raonic wins it all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't felt this kind of Leafs withdrawal in quite some time.
???
Development camp going on right now.

We just shipped Bernier to Anaheim.

There'll be more hockey soon with the WC and while the analysis has been pretty sparse, it's nice to have a bit of a break.

bfb459a6ae4a4de0a356bae40e1f6ee0.png

OMG

You realize that's a photoshop right?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And grow slowly over a number of years?
It was kind of weird to see Habs fans creating threads on the Leafs subreddit switching sides.

I didn't switch during the shitty years after Quinn and while I was unhappy, I wasn't as upset when my favourite Leaf, CuJo, left for Detroit as Subban being traded for Weber.

imBask

Banned
It was kind of weird to see Habs fans creating threads on the Leafs subreddit switching sides.

I didn't switch during the shitty years after Quinn and while I was unhappy, I wasn't as upset when my favourite Leaf, CuJo, left for Detroit as Subban being traded for Weber.

You've never had a player as good as subban traded in your lifetime though...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You've never had a player as good as subban traded in your lifetime though...
Not in Toronto, nope.

I was an Oilers *barfs* fan during the Gretzky era. It certainly wasn't easy sitting through the dismantling of a dynasty with the greatest player ever.

Edit: why the hell is your city so goddamn cold right now?!

I just installed the game on my iPhone.

I've never played Pokemon (but I've played Ingress)

wtf is this.

I guess I should learn what Pokemon are

Waste of time and a chance for you to get killed whilst looking at your phone instead of looking for the truck/bicyclist/Cujo that's coming right at you.

imBask

Banned
Not in Toronto, nope.

I was an Oilers *barfs* fan during the Gretzky era. It certainly wasn't easy sitting through the dismantling of a dynasty with the greatest player ever.

Edit: why the hell is your city so goddamn cold right now?!

Haha our weather is so fucking weird

Are you enjoying the trip anyway?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haha our weather is so fucking weird

Are you enjoying the trip anyway?
Oh I pm'ed you.

Besides one asshole taxi driver (here, YOU put the amount in the machine...I seriously should've put 1 dollar in it), I always appreciate the courtesies and manners there. The women were gorgeous as usual and it was the first time I took the metro to visit a friend in Verdun. Goddamn is that thing efficient. I imagine you'd be scorched if you were stuck in it since there's no AC and they look kinda run down but the coverage is excellent (you have more than 3 lines unlike Toronto) and transferring is so bloody easy between lines - I literally just walked the opposite direction. Hell, in Toronto, you have to go up or downstairs to find the transfer and in Asia, you have to hunt a bit sometimes too.

Got my buddy pretty sick at JoBlo though - he missed the next two days of work from the pitcher of Pimm's Cup with this super heavy poutine (duck, Mac and Cheese, fries, gravy, etc etc etc).

The PK Subban trade is going to haunt the Habs for years to come like the Roy Trade.
He can still come back once your owner gets rid of the management and coach there. I still read a bunch of posts praising the trade though and the Habs fans at work seem to believe Weber is the best defenseman in the league in the past few years. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lost respect for you :(
If it's any consolation, I was born in Toronto, which makes me both a good ol TRONNA and ONTARIA boi and I obviously live here now. Pizza pide on me next time! I blame my family for the Oilers fandom. Don't worry, I'm not jumping on that bandwagon even with McJesus.

Quick

Banned
I haven't actually listened to Channel Orange by Frank Ocean in full until now. I've been bumping it all afternoon yesterday driving, Forrest Gump is such a good track. Now I'm even more hyped for his new material.

I decided to play What A Time To be Alive by Drake and Future. This one I haven't listened to in full, only really Jumpman. Pretty good, Jumpman remains the signature track really. Give me more Drake/Future collabs.

Then I played The Life of Pablo in the evening, and it still holds up to my expectations now that the hype passed. My expectations being "this is weird, but cool." Completely forgot that Panda by Desgiiner was on Pt. 2, I thought Spotify somehow added Panda to my music queue when Pt. 1 was done.

I also ended up watching Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. It's seriously fucking hilarious. Sugar from YTV is on it prominently, more so than I thought she would be (in more ways than I thought). Quick recommended.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I haven't actually listened to Channel Orange by Frank Ocean in full until now. I've been bumping it all afternoon yesterday driving, Forrest Gump is such a good track. Now I'm even more hyped for his new material.
Have you listened to Nostalgia, Ultra? One of the GOAT mixtapes. I go back to that and Channel Orange once a month.

I'll have new Schoolboy on repeat until new Frank drops.

Waste of time and a chance for you to get killed whilst looking at your phone instead of looking for the truck/bicyclist/Cujo that's coming right at you.

Curtis Joseph is back?

Pokemon Go is okay, it will be like Ingress to me where it keeps my interest for a bit then I stop playing. Only reason it's doing well is because of Pokemon fans and I never really played the games but use Pikachu sometimes in Smash

Syrinx

Curtis Joseph is back?

Pokemon Go is okay, it will be like Ingress to me where it keeps my interest for a bit then I stop playing. Only reason it's doing well is because of Pokemon fans and I never really played the games but use Pikachu sometimes in Smash

Joseph is a "goaltending consultant" in Carolina now.

I was a Habs fan until Roy got traded. I arrived in Canada, spoke little English and all the friends I met were Habs fans so I played along to fit in.

Socreges

Banned
Cmon it's July, let Dopey have this. :(
I guess we should? The arrogance and certainty with which he discusses everything (e.g.) seems like massive overcompensation. And it always blows up in his face. Which seems to make him stronger. At least this time he's betting the farm on players who were drafted first and third overall.

zroid

Banned
I guess we should? The arrogance and certainty with which he discusses everything (e.g.) seems like massive overcompensation. And it always blows up in his face. Which seems to make him stronger. At least this time he's betting the farm on players who were drafted first and third overall.

betting the farm on the farm, one might say

yyzjohn

Banned

Marner was fourth overall, but third in our hearts.

Top Bottom