• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
We need to pray on this:

Dear sweet chocolate covered crème brûlée honey glazed baby Jesus,

Please grant us strength to cleanse our minds and spirits of the drawn Satan. Let Cake Boss find the straight path of making genital references with people's names. Let Soc remember all of our posts. Bless Quick's Photoshops. Find sexy men Gifs for Kat. Unclog Creeper's toilet. Bless Red and Solo and Imbask with Salt. Cure Smelly's racisim, if not deport him. Find more Sunny Gifs for Johnny. Make a new Zune for Heritc. Find more stats for Zroid. And wish Marvie a happy birthday.

In the name of the Shuey, the son, and the DALÉ LLAMA
Amen.

AMEN

I'm going to see some wrasslin' tonight. My brother-in-law and I are taking his eight-year-old son. He has no idea. We're just going to throw him in the car and let him figure it out when we get there. This is going to be awesome.

zroid

Banned
Lots of salt in the Wimbledon thread. I don't like those people.
I never knew people got so salty about tennis till I saw the Tennis thread on GAF. I used to post there occasionally but after seeing a debate over whether Djokovic or Federer is more overrated for the thousandth time, I peaced out.

In the mighty words of Phil Kessel, these guys are idiots

I never knew people got so salty about tennis till I saw the Tennis thread on GAF. I used to post there occasionally but after seeing a debate over whether Djokovic or Federer is more overrated for the thousandth time, I peaced out.

I feel like Gaf ruins a lot of things

yyzjohn

Banned

I think it's like that for any sport with the hard core followers. The salt gets pretty intense in the hockey thread too during the season lol

imBask

Banned

the "overrated" dickheads are present in every sport though

I mean some people, maybe even in this thread, think Gretzky and Lemieux are overrated because of the era they played in

trifelife

Unquantifiable? I guess he won and looked amazing doing it.

Maybe he had a bad day? Maybe he was tired from playing five sets in the semis? Maybe his opponent was better?

No, he's not ready for a stage like this.

His Ready meter wasn't fully charged. Wasn't ready for the same stage, literally the same court, he had already won on. OK.

yyzjohn

Banned
Maybe he had a bad day? Maybe he was tired from playing five sets in the semis? Maybe his opponent was better?

His Ready meter wasn't fully charged. Wasn't ready for the same stage, literally the same court, he had already won on. OK.

It was his first slam final. At this level of play the difference comes down to mental toughness and shot selection under pressure. Raonic has the physical tools to win, but his mental game wasn't ready for today. It's similar to Murray's first two slam finals where he was totally outclassed by Federer and Djokovic. I have no doubt this experience will help Milos for the future. Hopefully he can have a good run at the US Open.

Socreges

Banned
It was his first slam final. At this level of play the difference comes down to mental toughness and shot selection under pressure. Raonic has the physical tools to win, but his mental game wasn't ready for today. It's similar to Murray's first two slam finals where he was totally outclassed by Federer and Djokovic. I have no doubt this experience will help Milos for the future. Hopefully he can have a good run at the US Open.
His serving power was way down from his previous matches, too. 10mph lower on average. That made a difference and it's a bit puzzling.

At the same time, though, he was only broken once. And he couldn't break Murray.

Haha

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
the "overrated" dickheads are present in every sport though

I mean some people, maybe even in this thread, think Gretzky and Lemieux are overrated because of the era they played in
Keith Gretzky and Claude Lemieux?

If anyone believes this, then they clearly didn't watch them play. They did play when scores were higher and there were more rushes, but they also played during the clutch and grab era. Today's NHL pretty much forces the players to make quick decisions and systems are lowering the amount of chances available. Goaltenders are also more prepared than ever too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
God I hope France wins, Portugal didnt deserve to be there, only beat up injured opponents

Tons of guys ripping Raonic saying he didn't deserve to be there , Fed was injured etc. Just salty that Raonic made it and then lost handily.

What a bunch of losers!

Line_HTX

Tons of guys ripping Raonic saying he didn't deserve to be there , Fed was injured etc. Just salty that Raonic made it and then lost handily.

And Serena fans as well.

trifelife

Nice post, John =)

Agreed it's great experience, especially at 25, and expect he'll be challenging for a Slam title at some point in the near future.

Pikma

Banned
French House is the shit, the only problem is that each and every one of these genius fuckers take forever to release new content.

Have you guys heard of Étienne de Crécy? Because if not, you got to give it a try.

Top Bottom