• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

PillarEN

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ct2c8JXVMAAbuH9.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ArizonaCoyotes/status/782954633958268928/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Fuck the Coyotes. They should've moved to Winnipeg instead of mah Thrashers. :(

How long until Coyotes 3.0?

Greg Wyshynski from Oct. 1st:

The World Cup of Hockey had 16 games from Sept. 17 to 29 at a single venue: The Air Canada Centre in Toronto. They occurred during successful Blue Jays’ homestands in which the playoff contender drew over 45,000 fans per game. They occurred weeks before a Maple Leafs season where fans had already committed money for tickets. And they occurred before an outdoor hockey game in Toronto in January.

So the buzz for the tournament wasn’t high. Empty seats, although they were sold, were plentiful at games – especially in the afternoon, where a high-profile affair like Sweden vs. Finland was less than two-thirds capacity.

“Even for this market and its hockey passion, it was at times challenging,” said Daly.

The next World Cup of Hockey venue will be up for bid. Expect Edmonton to make a significant one, with a new building and former Hockey Canada boss Bob Nicholson there. Expect Buffalo to make one, with the Pegulas. Expect Russia to make one, and good luck with that.

The intrigue will be whether the NHL splits the venues for the 2020 World Cup.

“I could see splitting games in the future between approximate markets,” said Daly.

Could that mean Toronto and Buffalo? Calgary and Edmonton? Or, in the one that most intrigues us, Philadelphia and New York?

Controversial future for the World Cup of Hockey

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There is speculation Yakupov may be waived

I want a source on this. Unless it's Ekund...in which case you should hang your head in shame and stand in the goddamn corner! >:/

Yakupov still has value and I'm sure they can trade him away for 'something' instead of literally giving him away.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I want a source on this. Unless it's Ekund...in which case you should hang your head in shame and stand in the goddamn corner! >:/

Yakupov still has value and I'm sure they can trade him away for 'something' instead of literally giving him away.

it's speculation from Oilers media dudes (local / beat reporters)

just saw on HF an oiler fan referencing the speculation

apparently in preseason he's been playing him off the roster

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I seriously doubt it. Edmonton would be able to get something for Yak if they tried.

eh, it's a tough sell. Personally... If he's waived, I am thinking I want to the Leafs to turn him into the new Corrado. Keep him on 23 man roster and just make him practice for a solid chunk of the season to see if they can make a hockey player out of him.

but there's another side of me that's saying it's not worth it. He's a big project and most teams won't want to deal with that.

Filly don't do rebounds

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
it's speculation from Oilers media dudes (local / beat reporters)

just saw on HF an oiler fan referencing the speculation

apparently in preseason he's been playing him off the roster
Interesting...
eh, it's a tough sell. Personally... If he's waived, I am thinking I want to the Leafs to turn him into the new Corrado. Keep him on 23 man roster and just make him practice for a solid chunk of the season to see if they can make a hockey player out of him.

but there's another side of me that's saying it's not worth it. He's a big project and most teams won't want to deal with that.

Filly don't do rebounds
For teams with space, I see it as an incredibly low risk considering he doesn't make much money either and they can sign him to a 'prove it to me' contract afterwards anyways. As well...he played poorly...on the OILERS...perhaps a change of scenery could cause him to pull a Dubnyk

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A former 1st overall pick, who's only 22 and has been developed by the worst franchise in hockey from the last 10 years.

Anyone who wouldn't pick him up for free is an idiot.

I'll be shocked if he's waived, they should be able to get a late pick for him at the very least.

A former 1st overall pick, who's only 22 and has been developed by the worst franchise in hockey from the last 10 years.

Anyone who wouldn't pick him up for free is an idiot.

I'll be shocked if he's waived, they should be able to get a late pick for him at the very least.

We should pick him up or trade Hudon for him

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Practice lines for tomorrow's game

Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Radulov
Carr DD Shaw
Byron Mitchell Danault
Andrighetto McCarron Flynn

Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Pateryn
Petry - Redmond
Sergachev- Barberio

Montoya
Condon

Pretty much what our opening day roster will look like, aside from the tinkering on D, and whether or not Sergachev sticks. Putting Lehkonen in that top 6 over Shaw is a good sign from management.

Practice lines for tomorrow's game

Pretty much what our opening day roster will look like, aside from the tinkering on D, and whether or not Sergachev sticks. Putting Lehkonen in that top 6 over Shaw is a good sign from management.

I can see McCarron going back down to the AHL with Barberio or Pateryn

Marvie_3

Banned
Definitely what I'd do, but if you were dead set on double sinks you could put a toilet and shower on the other wall. You just can't have a bath and have two people wash their hands in that bathroom.
If youre dead set on double sinks in most bathrooms, then you shouldnt have a say in remodeling the bathroom.

to guys who need context

this year is the last year of the coyotes lease

they need a new arena or a new lease to play in arizona. They are no longer arena managers. City of Glendale is no longer going to provide payments.

anthony leblanc promised an arena announcement and right now the arena announcement is 2 weeks overdue.
WAIT YOU MEAN THE COYOTES OWNER IS FULL OF SHIT? I WAS TOLD A NEW ARENA WOULD WAS A SURE THING AND NOT IN ANY WAY TOTAL BULLSHIT

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If he's waived before the season starts, do we get first shot at him as we were 30th?

Yes.

" If waivers are requested outside of the playing season, or before November 1, then the player shall be transferred to the team with the lowest points in the preceding season."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, Holden is such shit. What are the beat writers watching that they think he's been doing well?

who is doing the PBP for MSG in this Rangers/Flyers game

sounds so weird.

John Giannone. He's usually the between the benches guy. It's Rosh Hashanah, so no Sam.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody stands up for his teammates on this team even remotely like Dylan McIlrath.

Gotta love Diesel getting a fighting major when nobody on the Flyers got one and there was no fight. :D Guess it's because his gloves were off.

Stasis

Nobody stands up for his teammates on this team even remotely like Dylan McIlrath.

Gotta love Diesel getting a fighting major when nobody on the Flyers got one and there was no fight. :D Guess it's because his gloves were off.

Yeah I don't know what any of that was. Third man in? Who was on him, Voracek? He wasn't even allowed to go after the dbag with the dirty (again) hit and was then penalized for all of it. While Flyer's fans cheer Gudas, boo Vesey and yell "Go Flyers!" picking up right where they left off from all that nonsense last season. I know it's not all fans for any fanbase (obviously), but fuck there's a huge percentage of them over there.

I have family in Philly. I know the city and the people well. I'm not just talking out of my ass here, even they fucking know it. A lot are proud of it. I won't wear a Ranger's jersey anywhere near there.

Samyy

Uh it looks like Matthews/Marner and Nylander are all playing again tomorrow

So I'll probably watch that over the Jays game

Top Bottom