• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah I have it on in the background while I study. Another season of mediocrity awaits. I wouldn't even mind losing if we weren't so boring to watch.
You could just watch the Matthews & Marner show on Sportsnet 3 times a week instead.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
General Fanager ‏@generalfanager 54m 54 minutes ago
With Rieder at 2 yrs x $2.225M per @FriedgeHNIC, #Coyotes will have $862,162 in cap space to open season with roster of 13F/8D/2G.
General Fanager ‏@generalfanager 52m 52 minutes ago
General Fanager Retweeted General Fanager
$20.635M of #Coyotes $72.137M (28.6%) est cap total is "dead money":
Datsyuk 7.5M
Bolland 5.5M
Pronger 4.94M
Ribeiro 1.44M
Vermette 1.25M
Kind of amazing.

The Yotes are basically a Retirement home for bad contracts

i prefer:

p186144_b_v8_ap.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Was helping a friend move once

We were moving a sofa up the stairs because it couldn't fit in freight elevator... but what we didn't realize was from the 10th floor up, the ceiling clearance changed from 10 ft to 8 ft

We were so damn mad because there was no way to get it past that point

We ended up going downstairs and threw it in the garbage...

Eugh. Gross ;(

The worst moving experiences I ever had was in Vancouver. Old apartment buildings and new-style European couches that aren't modular just... do not work.

I've gotta move again in February too. lol. weeeee.

I'm cringing just thinking about moving couches in my old apartment. I had to return a beautiful new comfy couch, for a fuckin ikea couch. I should of just brought in some rocks and laid a sheet on them.

Oh couches are most definitely the devil. Bought a nice one for the living room, only to find out it didn't fit through the front door. Had go around the back, over the fence and through the French door. When I move from here, the couch stays.

Oh couches are most definitely the devil. Bought a nice one for the living room, only to find out it didn't fit through the front door. Had go around the back, over the fence and through the French door. When I move from here, the couch stays.

The only thing I don't like about my house is that I don't have any double wide entryways. I'm still waiting for the piece of furniture that breaks me.

Eventually I'm going to have to put a patio door in.

I helped my friend move out from her place a few months ago and she lived on the 18th floor of a tower apartment complex. That move was horrible

My worst move was trying to help a guy who is well on his way to becoming a hoarder. His older parents were there trying to help, no other friends showed up and I didn't really know the guy super well. It was...awkward and terrible.

Also goes without saying that he wasn't anywhere even close to ready to move when I showed up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing how this league bends over backwards to find ways to excuse players like Gudas repeatedly. Almost as if their talk about eliminating certain plays from the game is just lip service or something. But that's just crazy talk.

Moving on! Rangers lineup tonight at Barclays:

Miller-Hayes-Jensen
Kreider-Zibanejad-Pirri
Grabner-Gerbe-Fast
Glass-Hrivik-Kovacs

Staal-Klein
Skjei-Clendening
Gilmour-McIlrath

Raanta
Hellberg

Dat second line. I assume it's only the second line in order to give that first group some extra ice time to show what they can do. And holy shit no Maxim Lapierre! Focus is probably going to be especially fixated on the bottom six to see who can make this team on the 4th line.

Interesting that Gilmour is getting yet another look with only one preseason game remaining after this one. I think he's been a pleasant surprise for the team and given them something to think about. Equally interesting is no Dan Girardi.

Raanta is scheduled to play the whole game tonight. Henrik Lundqvist is scheduled to play the full game on Thursday night.

Razorskin

----- ------
RFAs yet to be signed:
Ristolainen
Gaudreau
Rakell
Lindholm
Trouba (wants to be traded)
Kucherov

Anaheim, get your boys home!

Curufinwe

Amazing how this league bends over backwards to find ways to excuse players like Gudas repeatedly. Almost as if their talk about eliminating certain plays from the game is just lip service or something. But that's just crazy talk.

They're not trying to eliminate all hits along the boards.

Crazy talk is pretending Vesey (who isn't even hurt) didn't make a stupid decision to turn at the last second.

yyzjohn

Banned
Let's all laugh at USA Today.

qROl85A.jpg

The Leafs would have to be pretty pathetic to only get 2 more points than they had last season. I mean they tried to suck last season and made moves to get the team to be worse. If they're not at least 10-15 points better than last year, it'll be a huge disappointment.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They're not trying to eliminate all hits along the boards.

Crazy talk is pretending Vesey (who isn't even hurt) didn't make a stupid decision to turn at the last second.

Equally crazy is pretending Gudas didn't alter his trajectory at the last second when Vesey turned to make sure he still hit him square in the numbers, when he would have just gotten his shoulder otherwise (which still would have been a pretty solid hit). "B-but he turned!" shouldn't be a get out of jail free card for deliberately shitty hits. Sometimes things happen and genuine mistakes are made, but Gudas has a fairly extensive history (despite somehow only having been suspended once) that makes it pretty damn hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Dopey said they're going to make the playoffs ��������������

where did i say that

ah well, i guess i'll say it now

they're going to make the playoffs

Solo

I expected to like it based in the subject matter (a gorgeous, bloody western and a prestige sci-fi show with HBO budget??) but that pilot exceeded my expectations. So many cool questions raised and fascinating potential storylines teased, really hope they can follow up as strongly as it starts.

Yep I'm a little leary that the pilot will set an unsustainable calibre, but damn if that wasn't the best pilot I've seen since True Detective.

zroid

Banned
Bust central.

Thank god Ducks got Lindolm with their first pick from this draft.

2012 had a really strange first round.

1st overall was a bust

best dman in the draft was the 4th one selected

best forward in the draft was the 3rd one selected (11th overall!)

8 of the top 11 selections were dmen!

Holy shit. I had no idea Yakupov was a Muslim.

2012 had a really strange first round.

1st overall was a bust

best dman in the draft was the 4th one selected

best forward in the draft was the 3rd one selected (11th overall!)

8 of the top 11 selections were dmen!

I... have no idea who Faksa is. And I kept forgetting Ryan Murray exists too...

Sorry Foggy - that says more about me than him.

Top Bottom