• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
M6oCWIW.gif

Heretic

Seen him dive too many times for me to believe he's injured. Probably felt they were going to lose and figured this was a good out. Gives Portugal an excuse.

If he's really hurt then that blows. Knee injuries suck major ass.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seen him dive too many times for me to believe he's injured. Probably felt they were going to lose and figured this was a good out. Gives Portugal an excuse.

If he's really hurt then that blows. Knee injuries suck major ass.

He got subbed and was in obvious pain before, nobody thought he was faking this.

it's already pages back, but people were calling for blood and asking for Pepe to run Griezmann and stuff

EDIT : well they got banned, good job mods!

Oh I got ya. It wasn't a dirty tackle. It was a hard but fair tackle.

Anyway even if it was dirty it doesn't call for that

imBask

Banned
My worst gripe is the people complaining about the low scores and how it's "boring", as if half the NHL games weren't plagued by the most boring kind of trap

They just need to start carding the dives and let them play with a little contact. Some leagues have figured it out, other leagues are prime breeding grounds for future Oscar winners.

I hope the MLS moves forward with progressive stuff like that. Card the fakers, bring in some instant replays, etc. They're already getting snobbed so might as well just go all out

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin did a pretty lengthy interview for NHL.com about the Subban trade / offseason stuff,some interesting comments from him. He said that obviously the team shouldn't have fallen off a cliff after Price was gone and that there was something missing in the dressing room and that Weber / Shaw both bring that. Considering all the stories about Subban having issues in the locker room, he's basically indirectly saying he was partially at fault for the drop off.

He also said this about his "foxhole" comment

What I meant by that is this: I've seen it before, as a former player, where a coach would throw his GM under a bus to his players so he would look good to his players.

With "foxhole guy," I meant a coach who's going to stand by his GM. A coach has to believe what the GM believes. The GM gives him the players and sometimes, the coach gets players he doesn't like, even if you're always talking to him, asking, 'What do you think we need?'

A coach and GM sticking together, that's what I meant by "foxhole guys."
Interesting that he points out sometimes coaches get players they don't like, considering all the guys Bergevin has brought in that Therrien has hated.

THY GIFS BE DONE!!! ANIME IS DEAD!!! LONG LIVE THE DAYMAN, FIGHTER OF THE NIGHTMAN!!!! CHAMPION OF THE SUN!!!!! MASTER OF KARATE... AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

giphy.gif
tumblr_mv0aonff3t1slgwnjo1_250.gif
giphy.gif
tumblr_nxmdwktKNX1ufabqbo1_400.gif
migrane_always_sunny.gif
16c696f2d3913cb7267eb55be2ba9129.gif
4203983_o.gif
tumblr_lymuj83n3L1rooj4uo1_500.gif
tumblr_o3hguxtg0c1qiohboo5_r2_400.gif
x8600Ry.gif
tumblr_lz7ekg3HCU1r8kfm2o1_500.gif
raw

Bergevin did a pretty lengthy interview for NHL.com about the Subban trade / offseason stuff,some interesting comments from him. He said that obviously the team shouldn't have fallen off a cliff after Price was gone and that there was something missing in the dressing room and that Weber / Shaw both bring that. Considering all the stories about Subban having issues in the locker room, he's basically indirectly saying he was partially at fault for the drop off.

He also said this about his "foxhole" comment

Interesting that he points out sometimes coaches get players they don't like, considering all the guys Bergevin has brought in that Therrien has hated.

He also said there's more to the Subban trade than the public knows. That sounds like there was an issue.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He also said there's more to the Subban trade than the public knows. That sounds like there was an issue.
He was just too big of a personality for them to handle, it's all old time hockey guy bullshit. He's going all in on this leadership garbage and will be looking for a new job soon if things go south again this season.

Top Bottom