• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Honestly, read the book instead. Either that or never read the book, because it will make you hate the movie.
Is there that big of a difference between the book and the movie? I imagine I'll end up seeing the sequel, so whatever keeps in line with it the best.

Quick

Banned
I saw Blade Runner for the first time a couple of years ago. It was pretty good, imo. Haven't read the book though.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Is there that big of a difference between the book and the movie? I imagine I'll end up seeing the sequel, so whatever keeps in line with it the best.

They're incredibly different. The analogy I would use is Starship Troopers book vs movie (not quality-wise, just the amount that they differ). I guess people are right to say that you have to treat them as though they have nothing to do with each other. It was a pretty big disappointment to go straight from finishing the book to watching the movie for the first time, though, not knowing that this was the case. I suppose that if you expected it going in, it wouldn't be so jarring. I will, unfortunately, always have a sour impression of the movie because of this.

Don't look at them as one in the same and you'll have a good time. BOTH ARE LOVELY. Best movie and book ever.

Did you read the book first or watch the movie first?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Both Tkcahuck and Chychurn are staying with their clubs for now, impressive how many kids from this class seem to be sticking around for now.

You're probably the only one... check your NAT?

At this point I dont doubt that I am part of a low number of people. My NAT is open, I have no problems playing any other game at all.

Hell. I can go back and play HUT on NHL 15 and 16 no problem. I dont get it.

Maybe it's because your fucking shitty team sucks

jk that reminds me of that one fucking map in COD Advanced Warfare that always made my Xbox crash, and when I say always I mean 100%, and it was as soon as the loading screen showed up on the screen. I contacted Activision, they acknowledged it as an issue very few people had but still promised to fix it. I stopped playing for months until one random day when I decided to check it out because well it's been months, they probably fixed it by now, right?

NOPE, it's the first map to show up and it crashes my xbox as always. Needless to say I uninstalled that shit immediately and promised to never buy a game from Activision ever again

Fuck that. Its so annoying. You get any partial refund or something?

Have you tried uninstalling the whole game and re downloading it? It seems like that accessing HUT mode that early might have fucked shit up.

If that doesn't work, try accessing HUT mode through a different gamertag, maybe yours is blacklisted or some shit for accessing it early. And if that doesn't work, try accessing the mode with a physical copy instead of digital.

Done the delete/redownload. Doesnt work.

I have no idea where to get a physical to see if that helps. But I might have to look into it.

Solo

I'm probably behind the times but I guess there's a meme from the awkward Oilers captaincy photo op from yesterday where people are coming up with boy band makes for McDavid/Eberle/RNH/Lucic.

Anyways, the name Blink 0-82 slayed me.

Cake Boss

Banned
At this point I dont doubt that I am part of a low number of people. My NAT is open, I have no problems playing any other game at all.

Hell. I can go back and play HUT on NHL 15 and 16 no problem. I dont get it.

Fuck that. Its so annoying. You get any partial refund or something?

Done the delete/redownload. Doesnt work.

I have no idea where to get a physical to see if that helps. But I might have to look into it.

rent a copy.

Stasis

That Good Ass is gonna twerk all on the Rags

No Glass, McIlrath or anyone who can actually do anything. Good ass free to roam.

And we're STILL fucking around with the roster and have some shit ass combos other than the top line. Defense is a mess. Good plan AV, don't even have ONE game with our real roster. Why the fuck are there still decisions to be made? It's fucking clear who should be there opening night. Jesus. Tonight is gonna suck in all ways for us. I'm expecting a loss and at least one injury.

Then we can begin the ACTUAL season by finally figuring out our roster over the first 5-10 games, losing most. Good plan!

No Glass, McIlrath or anyone who can actually do anything. Good ass free to roam.

And we're STILL fucking around with the roster and have some shit ass combos other than the top line. Defense is a mess. Good plan AV, don't even have ONE game with our real roster. Why the fuck are there still decisions to be made? It's fucking clear who should be there opening night. Jesus. Tonight is gonna suck in all ways for us. I'm expecting a loss and at least one injury.

Then we can begin the ACTUAL season by finally figuring out our roster over the first 5-10 games, losing most. Good plan!

I'm just excited that it seems like both Konecny and Provy are gonna be Flyers at the start of the season

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jimmy Vesey is the winner of the Lars-Erik Sjoberg Award as the best rookie at Rangers training camp.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's made the team.

Top Bottom