• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

zroid

Banned
It will never exist because Japan is a really tiny hockey market and really, really niche over there.

Though, interestingly, their women's team is actually pretty good. They're in that next tier behind Canada and the US.

There's a couple Japanese players on the Toronto Furies.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Though, interestingly, their women's team is actually pretty good. They're in that next tier behind Canada and the US.

There's a couple Japanese players on the Toronto Furies.

That is interesting.

They DID make a soccer anime for girls after Japan won the 2011 Women's World Cup after all.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
SUPER HOCKEY PUCK STRIKE!!! *loses game anyway because the goalie used his SUPREME HOCKEY GLOVE CATCH*

It will never exist because Japan is a really tiny hockey market and really, really niche over there.

how big was soccer when they started making all the soccer anime?

or volleyball? I distinctly remember a volleyball anime. though now that I think of it, it might not have been about volleyball...

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
how big was soccer when they started making all the soccer anime?

or volleyball? I distinctly remember a volleyball anime. though now that I think of it, it might not have been about volleyball...

Soccer was always fairly popular in Japan, not quite the level of baseball but its pretty high on the list.

Outside of those two, I know basketball and swimming had a couple of shows each and American football had Eyeshield 21, but I don't recall any volleyball specific show admittedly.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Soccer was always fairly popular in Japan, not quite the level of baseball but its pretty high on the list.

Outside of those two, I know basketball and swimming had a couple of shows each and American football had Eyeshield 21, but I don't recall any volleyball specific show admittedly.

I'm semi-ashamed to know it, but I looked it up and it was called Attack No. 1

I somehow remembered the opening song because it was catchy in German.

This anime plague has to stop, make NHL-GAF great again

giphy.gif

Line_HTX

Haikyuu is the most recent one for volleyball.

There's a rugby one coming this Fall. It's not American Football though. :(

Funniest thing I saw today was an internal informal memo about Pokemon Go.

Basically the PD had been getting a bunch of calls about suspicious people walking around with their phones "taking pictures of everything" at all times of the day and night. People were concerned.

And officers had no idea what the hell was going on.

The explanation of everything was just :lol

This is the only frolf I know:

https://youtu.be/hieqshciy5U

What the fuck is this

zroid

Banned
the one good thing about heat is there's no better feeling than stepping into an air conditioned location after being outside for a while

Top Bottom