• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why, why, why did Stewart have to retire before this? Why? To be fair though, it may have actually killed him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's absolutely mind blowing to me that this is what sinks his ship. This election has been other worldly.

To be fair, almost all of Trump's previous comments, while despicable, racist, illogical, or unfeasible, rarely constituted such a tacit admission and endorsement of an actual clear crime like sexual assault. Which is essentially what he did in that audio.

The closest he had done previously is support things that may be unconstitutional or could be considered war crimes, both of which were "only" hypothetical and up to a certain degree of interpretation. There's not much left to the imagination in these new comments.

14572892_1709192532736966_4916357803148613321_n.png

Wow, so that "pussy" video might actually sink Trump. Here I was thinking it was just going to roll off him like everything else.

It's absolutely mind blowing to me that this is what sinks his ship. This election has been other worldly.

If nothing else has sunken his ship up until this point, why would this?

To be fair, almost all of Trump's previous comments, while despicable, racist, illogical, or unfeasible, rarely constituted such a tacit admission and endorsement of an actual clear crime like sexual assault. Which is essentially what he did in that audio.

The closest he had done previously is support things that may be unconstitutional or could be considered war crimes, both of which were "only" hypothetical and up to a certain degree of interpretation. There's not much left to the imagination in these new comments.

Oh. That makes sense.

Foggy

Bjorkstrand with 2 goals already. Fanned on a one-timer but the puck bounced off his planted skate and went in. 2nd goal went through hole in net but it wasn't challenged. At this rate he'll have two Calder trophies at the end of the year.

Tabris is banned again. Let this be known as the period of peace. Like those years following when Sin died in Final Fantasy X.

I actually want to hug you all and cry.

Holiday

Banned
I just looked at the Blues' lineup for tonight and was reminded again of their weakness at center. I wish Fabbri would/could make the switch. Lehtera just can't keep up usually.

Revenant

Hockey Is starting next week, WestWorld has so far been outstanding, Tabris has been banned to stranger realms, where he will hopefully slumber for centuries, and Trump is going supernova, set to take the current GOP with him.

hR5dPjNAQMfx.gif

yyzjohn

Banned
Hockey Is starting next week, WestWorld has so far been outstanding, Tabris has been banned to stranger realms, where he will hopefully slumber for centuries, and Trump is going supernova, set to take the current GOP with him.

hR5dPjNAQMfx.gif

Tabris is banned for good?

Calamari41

41 > 38
I tried to give that shit a read but I got bored and decided to eat it instead

Would you mind explaining the devastating part for me?

It's best to not try to get valuable news from a group of people who are likely being paid by the Clinton campaign.

As a small sample, Hillary or her top top top top top advisors said shit like:

We'll have to have American boots on the ground in Syria, "lots of dead Syrians" as a result.

Half of the country is "functionally illiterate"

She told bankers that you have to have a public position and a private position, because the private position would make the public nervous.

Germans are being overwhelmed by crime due to Muslim immigration, can't imagine how they're putting up with it.

Refugees cannot be vetted at all, there are Jihadists coming in with legitimate refugees.

Blacks, Muslims, and Roma are "professional never-do-wells" as opposed to Jews, Indians, and the Chinese, who are "perennial over-achievers"

Told bankers that she thinks it's unfortunate that they had to publicly blame them for the financial collapse, but sometimes you just have to say that kind of thing to the public.

Bankers should full-stop regulate themselves.

Said her dream was for completely free trade and open borders across the hemisphere.

A bunch of emails in which her campaign directors talk about illegally coordinating with Super PACs (as in, shit like "tell David Brock to push this, and release that, and go with this angle for this story" etc)

There was a lot more, over 2k emails and a bunch of her speeches. This was just what I can remember without having time to look it up at the moment. See if you can find the document that her campaign prepared where they went to the effort of highlighting all of the "troubling" passages from her speeches for us. It's 80 pages long.

Hillary Clinton is going to be a really shitty president. Trump would have been too, but that doesn't change the fact that we're in for some complete horse shit over these next few years.

iLLmAtlc

Is it just me or does Columbus look pretty good on paper? They have a bunch of solid players up front and it looks like they're adding Werenski on defence this year.

Wennberg especially looks promising, having put up 32 assists and 40 points in his 2nd season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or does Columbus look pretty good on paper? They have a bunch of solid players up front and it looks like they're adding Werenski on defence this year.

Wennberg especially looks promising, having put up 32 assists and 40 points in his 2nd season.

Until you get to the piece of paper that lists the head coach.

I think nearly everybody was caught off guard with their terrible year, I knew I expected them to challenge for a playoff spot.

PillarEN

reads like locker room talk in the world of politics. Politics are scummy everywhere so I'm not even surprised by anything you singled out there. When the camera is off it's just a vulgar world. Either way America will pull through. Yeah the president is given lots of power but even then they aren't able to do everything they wish and there's plenty they can't influence.

Anyways. Glad Zetterberg is gonna play. Healed up and ready for the regular season. Healthy squad altogether except for Kronwall which is going to really test the D core.

yyzjohn

Banned
We can only hope

Isn't there some limit to number of bans before it becomes permanent? Seems like he's banned at least once a month from what I've seen. He must have racked up at least 15 or more bans in his time here? Surely someone would keep track and just ban him for good no?

Finally looking forward to the season starting back up; has anyone gotten any word on how nhl.tv is? I remember with the transfer to mlbam last year the streams were all crap, is it any better this year?

PillarEN

Isn't there some limit to number of bans before it becomes permanent? Seems like he's banned at least once a month from what I've seen. He must have racked up at least 15 or more bans in his time here? Surely someone would keep track and just ban him for good no?
There are various posters who I've seen banned for much more "angry" or "rude" or "insulting" posts than the one I assume Tabris got banned for now. And those posters sometimes seem to get a swift death sentence but then there are others where I have no idea how they have survived given the posts they have been banned for and the number of times they have been banned. I used to avoid NHL-GAF until recently, even in my lurking days (years). So I never understood what Tabris has done to rile up the group here. I guess it just depends on which mod specifically has an eye out for you in both regards.

Yawnier

Banned

For the BJs a lot is gonna rest on Officer Bob and if he can stay healthy and actually be half decent.

But yeah, even though they moved Johansen early this year their forward corps still impresses me somewhat.

I always assumed that after like 10-15 bans that most posters would get permed, unless they did something really serious then they could get permed earlier.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Treliving: "Our hope, and what we’re striving for, is get that done so that not only Johnny will be back here w/us, but w/us on Wednesday.”

way to sound super positive

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Just spitballin', but put Kadri in for Holland, pick Holland/Laich on 4th line and that may be your starting 12 F: twitter.com/markhmasters/s…
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Leafs lines in warm-up:

JVR-Bozak-Marner
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Michalek-Holland-Komarov
Martin-Laich-Brown

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
If you include vet Roman Polak as one of seven, this easily could be the Leafs' defence: twitter.com/markhmasters/s…
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Leafs D in warm-up:

Marincin-Rielly
Gardiner-Carrick
Hunwick-Zaitsev

Andersen starts

This is McKenzie's guess at the final roster based on tonight's players.

What say you Leafs-GAF?

zroid

Banned
This is McKenzie's guess at the final roster based on tonight's players.

What say you Leafs-GAF?
well... at least Polak isn't there?

but I almost wish he was instead of Hunwick. Icing 4 LD forces Rielly to continue to play his off-side.

edit: Corrado still exists however

Dress rehearsal game lines:

Huby-Barkov-Jagr
Jussi(A)-Tro-Smith
March-Malgin-Scev.
McCann-DMac(C)-Harper

Yandle-Blad(A)
Matheson-Demers
Pysyk-Petrovic

Lu
Reims

Socreges

Banned
It's best to not try to get valuable news from a group of people who are likely being paid by the Clinton campaign.

As a small sample, Hillary or her top top top top top advisors said shit like:

We'll have to have American boots on the ground in Syria, "lots of dead Syrians" as a result.

Half of the country is "functionally illiterate"

She told bankers that you have to have a public position and a private position, because the private position would make the public nervous.

Germans are being overwhelmed by crime due to Muslim immigration, can't imagine how they're putting up with it.

Refugees cannot be vetted at all, there are Jihadists coming in with legitimate refugees.

Blacks, Muslims, and Roma are "professional never-do-wells" as opposed to Jews, Indians, and the Chinese, who are "perennial over-achievers"

Told bankers that she thinks it's unfortunate that they had to publicly blame them for the financial collapse, but sometimes you just have to say that kind of thing to the public.

Bankers should full-stop regulate themselves.

Said her dream was for completely free trade and open borders across the hemisphere.

A bunch of emails in which her campaign directors talk about illegally coordinating with Super PACs (as in, shit like "tell David Brock to push this, and release that, and go with this angle for this story" etc)

There was a lot more, over 2k emails and a bunch of her speeches. This was just what I can remember without having time to look it up at the moment. See if you can find the document that her campaign prepared where they went to the effort of highlighting all of the "troubling" passages from her speeches for us. It's 80 pages long.

Hillary Clinton is going to be a really shitty president. Trump would have been too, but that doesn't change the fact that we're in for some complete horse shit over these next few years.
But you at least agree that Trump would be several times worse?

And I hadn't heard about half of that. Here's betting most of Off-Topic would argue none of it is bad.

Calamari41

41 > 38
But you at least agree that Trump would be several times worse?

And I hadn't heard about half of that. Here's betting most of Off-Topic would argue none of it is bad.

Yeah, he would have been way worse in different ways. Too bad they couldn't have run together, consolidated the shit show policies, and lost.

I really don't want to go into any more wars.

mdubs

Banned
Prust is going to get signed by the Leafs, I can just tell we are going down a dark timeline here

Typically 6-8 temps iirc

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
just like at the start of his junior season last year :lol

then he went HAM on the league

Also playing like this against detroit shows how good he can be against a good systems team. These are the kind of games our big 3 will shine in.

He'll need to figure out how to play choppy games quickly.

Top Bottom