• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

zroid

Banned
Who's having a worst night.

Loilers

Or the Orange Nazi?

i don't follow politics that closely but it's legit surprising to me that Trump is losing support now

I always felt like if his supporters didn't ditch him months ago, they probably never would. it's not like he hasn't been saying and doing repugnant things for years. and nothing about what's come out recently should be remotely surprising.

i don't follow politics that closely but it's legit surprising to me that Trump is losing support now

Thinking about Jonathan Haidt's research into liberal / conservative core moralities, I'd guess that it's the base vulgarity of these comments that set them apart. There's absolutely no way they can now pretend someone like Bill Clinton (for example) is worse.

zroid

Banned
Thinking about Jonathan Haidt's research into liberal / conservative core moralities, I'd guess that it's the base vulgarity of these comments that set them apart. There's absolutely no way they can now pretend someone like Bill Clinton (for example) is worse.
this tweet I saw today stood out to me

Jamelle Bouie @jbouie

My takeaway from this election really is that with a little polish, the GOP could win the presidency on a platform of white nationalism.

if a man so morally and ethically bankrupt in so many facets can come this close to becoming president on a campaign of racism, maybe a similar campaign led by a normal racist dude might actually win.

mdubs

Banned
beautiful

it is just one year though, so eh

let this be a lesson to all of us for believing bullshit rumours on free agency day which are probably too ridiculous to be true

"Canucks, Habs, and Leafs engaged in a bidding war for Kris Russell." Right.
Remember those 5 minutes where everyone thought Kyper was hacked when he broke the Subban trade tho

Good times

Socreges

Banned
Please go on

I went into the wikileaks thread and contested that everyone saying that all of it was "nothing" is wrong. Some people got upset, I responded. Now I'm scared to go back because I'm convinced I've been roped into an intractable debate

Hillbots kinda scare me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This reminded me that I can just pirate the latest ep. Wait, Smiley doesn't have HBO.....ohhhh

I've got HBO but no on demand. So I'd have to wait until Sunday like all the other chumps

I ain't waiting. HD vids are already up and totally worth it :p

Lindholm is my favourite young defenseman. But I think I still pick AGally over him for best player in the draft.

Remember when we watched Dumba badly and got scared when Murray picked off the board and got Lindholm?

The fact he's even contention for best pick of 2012 is glee.

All you guys did was post the cartoon gifs and occasionally the mascot falling through the hoop of fire

I can guarantee you for a fact we've posted GIFs sourced from that but that's irrelevant what's relevant is that you're here and posting with us buddy

Clydefrog

dunno man

8jWJuIG.jpg

Please go on

I went into the wikileaks thread and contested that everyone saying that all of it was "nothing" is wrong. Some people got upset, I responded. Now I'm scared to go back because I'm convinced I've been roped into an intractable debate

Hillbots kinda scare me

This is Haidt's thing:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_foundations_theory

I've never *read* Haidt in the scholarly sense, just encountered some of his shorter writing over the years. I find it pretty interesting.

Quick

Banned
HNIC Saturday lineup:

Looks like they're reverting back to the old format pre-Rogers.

- Hockey Central Saturday
Every Saturday, the pre-game show Hockey Central Saturday sets the stage for the night at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT with live look-ins to the arenas, player interviews, analysis, features and news
- Coach’s Corner
The renowned Game 1 first intermission segment featuring the iconic Don Cherry alongside MacLean returns for its 35th season
- Saturday’s Headlines
Friedman and Kypreos break down the need-to-know stories in the NHL during the second intermission of Game 1
- After Hours
Back by popular demand, After Hours returns following Game 2 of Hockey Night in Canada. Hosted by Scott Oake, After Hours caps off each Saturday night’s action with insightful, long form post-game interviews with players and special guests

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa I had no idea
Eughhhhhh Scott Oake.
Ehhhh. He's inoffensive and vanilla so I'm ok with it. I do wish they had more segments analyzing the numbers and getting into the more technical side of the game instead of gramps yelling about grit and playing the right way though.

zroid

Banned
Oh god Kypreos is replacing Cox on the headlines segment

I know everyone hates Cox but I'll take him over Kyper every time

Yawnier

Banned
Ehhhh. He's inoffensive and vanilla so I'm ok with it. I do wish they had more segments analyzing the numbers and getting into the more technical side of the game instead of gramps yelling about grit and playing the right way though.

I wouldn't mind Oake if he didn't ask the players so many dumb questions. Most of the players must dread talking to him

Oh god Kypreos is replacing Cox on the headlines segment

I know everyone hates Cox but I'll take him over Kyper every time

I was just wondering about Cox. Checked his Twitter and it was locked!? Weird for a public facing sports media worker.

And then I remembered.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was just wondering about Cox. Checked his Twitter and it was locked!? Weird for a public facing sports media worker.

And then I remembered.

Why is it locked?

I can't remember if it was a stupid DM that became a tweet like one of the many other time or it was something else.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wasn't it a DM that went public of him trying to hit on women on twitter?

Since after hours is back on CBC. Can we bring it back to GAF too?

Cake Boss

Banned
Seguin, Hall and Yakupov traded for Larsson, a 3rd and for 3 years of Louis Eriksson.

Fuck we dodged a bullet, I remember wanting him to be our GM. 😓

Top Bottom