• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Fantasy drafting this year feels harder than ever. It feels like there are a bunch of players that have been dominant for years that are slipping (like Backström and Malkin) at the same time as there are a bunch of kids that are hard to place like Gaudreau, Kuznetsov and Ghost Bear.

And am I crazy for thinking about McJesus at #1 in a non keeper league?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pretty sure I picked Price in the first round last GAF season. What a great pick I thought that was going to be.

iLLmAtlc

Fantasy drafting this year feels harder than ever. It feels like there are a bunch of players that have been dominant for years that are slipping (like Backström and Malkin) at the same time as there are a bunch of kids that are hard to place like Gaudreau, Kuznetsov and Ghost Bear.

And am I crazy for thinking about McJesus at #1 in a non keeper league?

I think you can definitely make the argument, but is he really gonna out score Crosby, Kane, Benn, etc, etc? Doesn't seem like a risk you need to be taking at #1, because the best case scenario is he's better than those guys by a little bit.

Also I just did my draft and one thing I noticed this year is there are tons of good forwards available. If it's yahoo, you'll find several top 6 and even first line players ranked 100+. For example Henrik Sedin was at 150 or so and Tyler Johnson at 114 and RNH could be had in the 200s.

I think you can definitely make the argument, but is he really gonna out score Crosby, Kane, Benn, etc, etc? Doesn't seem like a risk you need to be taking at #1, because the best case scenario is he's better than those guys by a little bit.

Also I just did my draft and one thing I noticed this year is there are tons of good forwards available. If it's yahoo, you'll find several top 6 and even first line players ranked 100+. For example Henrik Sedin was at 150 or so and Tyler Johnson at 114 and RNH could be had in the 200s.
Yeah I agree with it being an unnecessary risk. We also give some points for tackles and blocket shots so Ovie is usually the safest bet. Crosby seems pretty damn safe. For Kane I feel like the sky is the roof but it is pretty hard to know what the floor is. But if he is injury free he should be top 3 in points I guess.

As you say there are plenty of point producing players going late but at the same time RNH and H. Sedinhas never been as good in fantasy as in real life.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
did they ask him about Matthews in the post game interview?
I admit I laughed. Even on the radio on one of the goals they weren't sure if it was Matthews who scored it and seemed more focused on him than the goal.

Also, creeper, why would we keep Prust even as a 13th if you already said yourself we have Martin? I didn't see anything from either of them to fill me with confidence

jerseyveil.jpeg

Tucson Roadrunners jersey unveiling this Monday.

Top Bottom