• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Line_HTX

It was never a part of my childhood so I don't understand why people even like this franchise, so no, I'm not watching the reboot.

Quick

Banned
I guess you all hate women.
/s

Ghostbusters wasn't a big part of my childhood. I watched it in passing as a kid once, then watched it again as recently as a few years ago. It was a great movie and just a ton of fun to watch, but I don't hold it in a glass box of care as others.

Funny enough, Extreme Ghostbusters was probably the most Ghostbusters I've seen as a kid.

Anyway, the new movie looks cool and I like the cast. Seems like a good time.

Also, I'm looking to watch Swiss Army Man either tomorrow or sometime this weekend. It looks fantastic and just weird as fuck.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad the new Ghostbusters seems to be pretty good, but every trailer I've seen for it just shows basically all of the characters yelling at all times.

Erdrick

I was always more of a fan of the cartoon. I've seen the original movie dozens of times though. Was one of the first movies I watched on our brand new VHS VCR back in 1986. Still never fully seen all of the 2nd and I've never been a fan of what I have seen.

Very little interest in this new film.

Quick

Banned
Had to call someone today who has their ringer set to go on after four rings, and who may or may not have voice mail.

Phone rang 10 times I think, then I hear a beep. I was really confused if that was a voice mail tone or if the line was just disconnected.

Foggy

Yeah, I got no problem with it since it really is just a big budget mainstream comedy. I just don't have any burning interest.

Cake Boss

Banned
I am one of those guys that don't 'get' Ghostbusters and why its popular. 1st movie was ok I guess, don't get why its a phenomenon.

Silexx

Same here. They are kinda fun movies but never got the popularity

It was a pretty novel premise at the time where they basically took a 'played-for-straight' horror setting and then planted 3 genius comedic actors (and Ernie Hudson) in the middle of it where they simply proceed to make sarcastic quips while taking care of business.

It was definitely lightning-in-a-bottle situation, to be sure.

It was a pretty novel premise at the time where they basically took a 'played-for-straight' horror setting and then planted 3 genius comedic actors (and Ernie Hudson) in the middle of it where they simply proceed to make sarcastic quips while taking care of business.

Yeah it doesn't help that I was born after it came out so I missed all that.

Cousins accepted his QO. 1 year about $940,000

I also just read that Hexy is super high on Lyon. I would be interested to see what happens with him

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Then they made a sequel... which was.. ehh. Has its moments but was just another one of those needless sequels.

Cousins accepted his QO. 1 year about $940,000

Too much, imo.

Silexx

Then they made a sequel... which was.. ehh. Has its moments but was just another one of those needless sequels.

Too much, imo.

It goes to show that, as a franchise, Ghostbusters is no sacred cow. If anything, the sequel may be worth a watch just to see Bill Murray phone in his performance.

The cartoon, though, was like my favorite thing ever as a kid.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It goes to show that, as a franchise, Ghostbusters is no sacred cow. If anything, the sequel may be worth a watch just to see Bill Murray phone in his performance.

I think the cartoon blew up more than the movie did.

Tell that to the various MRA manchildren and James Rolfe though!

Solo

My hatred for Molson, Bergevin, Theerien, and Captain Floater McCasperetty has been reignited twice over after PK's interview with Sportsnet. Fuck this entire franchise.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-exclusive-sitdown-p-k-subban/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-exclusive-sitdown-p-k-subban-part-2/

And perhaps the most heartbreaking/infuriating of all is the one where he talk about Markov and the effect he's had on Subban's career. About how he tore him down and built him back up:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/markov-huge-influence-career-subban/

Latest rumor is that Habs wanted to partner with Subban on his $10M donation but he went it with his name alone and Molson didn't like that. If true, he should fire himself and someone else should own the team.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone watching Ghostbusters this weekend?

I'm going to try and catch it tonight.

Yep, I'm going to try to catch it this weekend. Haven't seen too much about it but I've seen some of the ridiculous reactions about it. I want it to succeed just to make them more butt hurt.

I like the first one, though seeing it again as an adult made me see what a huge creepy asshole venkman is. I watched the cartoon a lot too.

Sportsnet asks: "Why hasn't Adam Oates been hired as a coach"

I dunno, because he sucks at being one? That year and a half he spent in Washington was the definition of Jekyll and Hyde.

is this about his excuses re: Carolina being uncompetitive? or something else

There's just something about him I don't like.
911d0a496114002d9b26cbd5c9dda434

Top Bottom