• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Socreges

Banned
My hatred for Molson, Bergevin, Theerien, and Captain Floater McCasperetty has been reignited twice over after PK's interview with Sportsnet. Fuck this entire franchise.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-exclusive-sitdown-p-k-subban/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-exclusive-sitdown-p-k-subban-part-2/

And perhaps the most heartbreaking/infuriating of all is the one where he talk about Markov and the effect he's had on Subban's career. About how he tore him down and built him back up:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/markov-huge-influence-career-subban/

Latest rumor is that Habs wanted to partner with Subban on his $10M donation but he went it with his name alone and Molson didn't like that. If true, he should fire himself and someone else should own the team.
As someone who's played on a team with a bunch of white guys and one cocky black guy, it's kinda obvious what happened. Each person as an individual probably dealt well with PK, even despite some run-ins, but he would have never been completely accepted by the culture. It's rigid, it's white, it's traditional. It sounds like he did all he could, but he never stopped being himself. And that probably meant he deserved flack at times but also couldn't get away with anything. Any mistake, real or imagined, was thrust under a microscope and analyzed to death within a media landscape that would find ways to feed itself.

I think Nashville will be more eclectic and accepting, as strange as that sounds. Dude can go about his business and if he rubs his teammates the wrong way then they can sort that shit out as adults do.

Quebec City isn't even that big! :lol Just follow the top attraction on trip advisor you should be fine, poor kitty

Want me to make my way up there tomorrow and be your translator? I speak french and english, but my cat-meowing is a little rusty

I wasn't the one driving, my sister was and panicking. Someday I'll come back to Quebec City. But not by driving lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Old checking in.

Think I sprained my knee last night playing baseball, gonna go check it out later today at the doctor's. I can't walk much on it at all, can't run what so ever, this is the worst.

Also last night had a dream I bought Overwatch...is this a sign?

Cake Boss

Banned
Old checking in.

Think I sprained my knee last night playing baseball, gonna go check it out later today at the doctor's. I can't walk much on it at all, can't run what so ever, this is the worst.

Also last night had a dream I bought Overwatch...is this a sign?

If its on PC, its a sign. If it wasn't then it was just a dream.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Dopey what are you doing?

y'know... chilling

albundy2_zpscdv9kfjm.jpg~original

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Evo weekend. Which means it's a nachos and liquor weekend. A good weekend.

I'm excited for KI news coming in less than 2 hours... too bad that I'll be missing the panel.

Hoping scorpion is the last S3 character... because why not

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers were actually busy this morning. Re-signed AHL defenseman Tommy Hughes (meh), signed former Calgary Flame Josh Jooris (ok, I guess?), but most importantly re-signed Dylan McIlrath.

1 year, $800k

Stasis

Happy to see McIlrath back in the fold. Another one year "trial" but at least he's getting more money! They're gonna pit him against Clendening and Palliota though, and knowing AV I have a feeling Mac ain't here next year, unless AV isn't...

Jooring is basically a Moore replacement I guess? That's what I'm reading. 4th line C, great PK'er. Not a bad depth move. Maybe we won't see much of Glass?! Hahaha, jk.

And the logo is great. Rangers jerseys, logos, colors always sexy.

Edit:

So far:

+Gerbe
+Grabner
+Jooring
+Buchnevich
+Jensen (waivers...)
+Clendening
+Palliota

-Yandle
-Boyle
-E.Staal
-Moore

What am I forgetting? Either way it's pretty meh. Hoping for another move or two, or that Nash "bounces back", Hank is Hank, Miller/Kreider/Hayes/McIlrath/Skjei/Buchnevich perform well, Glass doesn't see much ice, our PK returns to form and Girardi/Staal don't suck.

Not asking for much. Hahahaha.

Happy to see McIlrath back in the fold. Another one year "trial" but at least he's getting more money! They're gonna pit him against Clendening and Palliota though, and knowing AV I have a feeling Mac ain't here next year, unless AV isn't...

Jooring is basically a Moore replacement I guess? That's what I'm reading. 4th line C, great PK'er. Not a bad depth move. Maybe we won't see much of Glass?! Hahaha, jk.

And the logo is great. Rangers jerseys, logos, colors always sexy.

Edit:

So far:

+Gerbe
+Grabner
+Jooring
+Buchnevich
+Jensen (waivers...)
+Clendening
+Palliota

-Yandle
-Boyle
-E.Staal
-Moore

What am I forgetting? Either way it's pretty meh. Hoping for another move or two, or that Nash "bounces back", Hank is Hank, Miller/Kreider/Hayes/McIlrath/Skjei/Buchnevich perform well, Glass doesn't see much ice, our PK returns to form and Girardi/Staal don't suck.

Not asking for much. Hahahaha.

Grabner joined the Rangers? I missed that.

He was such a dud in Toronto. And to think that Lou gave up five prospects for him.

Omg at the Subban interview, how the fuck could MTL trade him? And for what seems like part non hockey reasons.
What do you mean?

Considering the logistics of a team playing in London, when the nearest team is playing in Zagreb, and the farthest team team is in Vladivostok
, that means it's going to be a logistical hell, even with the compactness of Eastern Europe taken into account.

Not only that, but the financials of the KHL are constantly in flux, meaning that these factors are probably going to do them in pretty quickly.

So that rendering of the rumored Rangers' 90th anniversary logo was indeed real.

That's a fucking nice logo.

Top Bottom