• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Syrinx

I'll be honest the Hotel was pretty nice for three stars.

I enjoyed my time in Quebec.Theres a lot of stuff that they have but we don't have in the Maritimes.

Maybe next Summer I'll fly to Montreal and make it a week or two trip or something.

Nothing that Opulent, but I did sleep in a comfy bed

How many lines of catnip?

Pikma

Banned
Hey Broken Ass

Did you check out the NieR Automata dev blog yet?
I mean, look at this
NIER_BLOG_ART_A_20160623_07_FULL_1920x837.jpg

Hhhnnnnggggggggggg

Thanks Pikma
<3

Quick

Banned
I ordered $40 henley shirts that are a size too small and I don't have Cake Boss' swole body to make it work. Now I gotta make an exchange.

OPULENCE.

Hey Broken Ass

Did you check out the NieR Automata dev blog yet?
I mean, look at this
NIER_BLOG_ART_A_20160623_07_FULL_1920x837.jpg

Hhhnnnnggggggggggg

<3

I'm watching Two Best Friends Play on YouTube play Nier and it's quite interesting. That Village with the Dream shit was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in a video game, it's like they forgot the budget lol

zroid

Banned
I think the contract is pretty much market value, that's the sort of money a perennial art ross contender is gonna get these days

Quick

Banned
Henley shirts are fucking sssiiicckkkkkkkkkk

I've been looking around for quality Henleys for ages. I bought from Pistol Lake - $40 for a long sleeve, $35 for short sleeve.

wish I could rock a super tight fit, but I'm too self-conscious for it lol. A size up would be best, not too tight and still slim fitting.

Shipping amount to Toronto sucked, but I'm willing to do it again. Maybe a bigger order next time.

Pikma

Banned
I'm watching Two Best Friends Play on YouTube play Nier and it's quite interesting. That Village with the Dream shit was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in a video game, it's like they forgot the budget lol
NieR has it all, I don't think it's because of budget, and even if it is, it's not the only reason

I've been looking around for quality Henleys for ages. I bought from Pistol Lake - $40 for a long sleeve, $35 for short sleeve.

wish I could rock a super tight fit, but I'm too self-conscious for it lol. A size up would be best, not too tight and still slim fitting.

Shipping amount to Toronto sucked, but I'm willing to do it again. Maybe a bigger order next time.

Yeah I found some pretty good ones on Amazon. Really happy with em. Wish I could wear em now but it's a little warm here haha I only have one short sleeve Henley

Is Pistol Lake a US company? I will need to check em out

Quick

Banned
Yeah I found some pretty good ones on Amazon. Really happy with em. Wish I could wear em now but it's a little warm here haha I only have one short sleeve Henley

Is Pistol Lake a US company? I will need to check em out

Yep, US company. Free shipping in the US after a certain price.

zroid

Banned
Lol are you serious?

Come on it's the off season, I'm taking a break from shitposting, don't make me do this

He's not wrong, they will be his "decline" years technically, but it's pretty much market value if he were a UFA. The contract is fine.

Pikma

Banned
He's not wrong, they will be his "decline" years technically, but it's pretty much market value if he were a UFA. The contract is fine.
I'm not arguing against the contract (obviously) including decline years, it's for 8 years ffs, it's the "at best" part what bothered me.

Curufinwe

He probably won't be as good at age 31-35 as 27-30, but he's a top 5 forward in the league. If you're lucky enough to get one of those guys you should hang on to them.

calder

I'm not arguing against the contract (obviously) including decline years, it's for 8 years ffs, it's the "at best" part what bothered me.
I'm being generous actually, the 8 year extension starts when he's 27, and in the modern NHL most forwards see their production start to decline at 27 or younger. Ppl used to think 27ish was the peak offensive years of a player but it's actually younger than that.

But hey maybe he's Jagr who knows.

zroid

Banned

Like, for most players they're at peak production from ages 24-26. That's the paradox of UFA in the NHL, which usually starts at 27. We just live with it ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I'm being generous actually, the 8 year extension starts when he's 27, and in the modern NHL most forwards see their production start to decline at 27 or younger. Ppl used to think 27ish was the peak offensive years of a player but it's actually younger than that.

But hey maybe he's Jagr who knows.

The reason this illusion exists is because NHL coaches historically (and continue to) give more ice time to veterans who have proven themselves. So the counting stats tend to be higher for guys aged 27+. The rate stats often tell a different story though.

calder

I will say 9.5aav is fine the more I think about it. I think it felt so steep initially because Yzerman just took Stamkos and his agent out behind the woodshed and came back with a shockingly cheap deal which warped my perception.

I also think that the cap will be going up more slowly or start stagnant in a few years but that's my tinfoil hat theory about broadcasters becoming unable/unwilling to overpay for live sports. Or at least live sports that aren't the nfl or nba.

Holiday

Banned
Schwartz' contract is solid, I'm glad they didn't go to arbitration.

I'm actually happy with this off-season, mostly because the Blues avoided mistakes with Backes and Brouwer.

I love that our fix for a busted ass defensive coach is to hire an AHL coach for the job. Nevermind seeking anyone outside of the organization. This worked so well with Sacco and Roy.

Frank & Oak has some nice henleys and they're a Canadian company so shipping might be more fair.

Top Bottom