• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I got Bulbasaur, Drowzee (they're EVERYWHERE), Jynx, Bellsprout, Zubat, Golbat, Oddish, Gastly, Shellder, and Goldeen

I wasted like 15 Poké Balls on that Golbat :lol

I tried to catch a Charmander and the ap froze and now I can't load it lol

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
OMG Subban is going to be great in Nashville :D

https://twitter.com/TomAWillis/status/754774411605975040

5f814ef0e9e64007b1eff7f4edf30760.png

I literally just saw this, hahaha.

If anything, things will get a lot more interesting down here.

Just took my dog for a walk and caught a Growlithe, Zubat, Cubone, Pidgey, Mankey, Diglett and Meowth. The game is pretty neat I guess but I don't really understand it beyond catching Pokemon. Eventually you pick and team and battle for gyms? And to evolve a Pokemon you need to catch it a bunch of times to collect enough candies? That seems weird.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just took my dog for a walk and caught a Growlithe, Zubat, Cubone, Pidgey, Mankey, Diglett and Meowth. The game is pretty neat I guess but I don't really understand it beyond catching Pokemon. Eventually you pick and team and battle for gyms? And to evolve a Pokemon you need to catch it a bunch of times to collect enough candies? That seems weird.
Sounds like a pokemon game to me.

Also, fuck doduos and rattatas. Thats all i ever see.

Stasis

I just watched a Vice documentary on scopalamine... what. the. fuck.

I'm watching it now, surprised I hadn't seen it before since I watch a lot of Vice shit.

Duffy looks so young compared to his more recent style.

edit: That girl at dinner early on who's singing the local song about it is hot af. Imo.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/breaking-conditional-pick-leafs-bernier-trade/

The Toronto Maple Leafs will only receive a draft pick from the Anaheim Ducks as part of the Jonathan Bernier trade if the goaltender reaches the Stanley Cup Final next season, Sportsnet has learned.

There were four conditions placed on the pick included in the July 8 trade, according to sources, and each of them involves Bernier’s new team playing for a championship in 2017. He would also have to start 50 per cent of the playoff games during that run, leaving Toronto with fairly long odds of recouping an asset in the deal.

The details of the conditional pick weren’t disclosed by either team when the transaction was completed. They are:

— If Bernier starts half of Anaheim’s playoff games next spring and the Ducks win the Stanley Cup, Toronto receives the Ducks’ 2017 second-round pick. (If Anaheim doesn’t still own that selection, it will transfer its next available second-rounder from a future year.)

— If Bernier starts half of Anaheim’s playoff games next spring and the Ducks lose in the Stanley Cup Final, Toronto receives the Ducks’ 2017 third-round pick. (If Anaheim doesn’t still own that selection, it will transfer its next available third-rounder from a future year.)

— Should Anaheim trade Bernier to a team that starts him in half of its playoff games next spring and wins the Stanley Cup, Toronto receives the Ducks’ second-round pick.

— Should Anaheim trade Bernier to a team that starts him in half of its playoff games next spring and loses in the Stanley Cup Final, Toronto receives the Ducks’ third-round pick.

HAHAHA

zroid

Banned
lmao

We are all Ducks fans next year

The must start half the playoff games clause must have been because Bob Murray saw what happened with Reimer :lol

hopefully John Gibson caves under the pressure of being a presumptive #1

edit: so it's the OTT 2nd in 2017. I was hoping San Jose...

zroid

Banned
Didn't realize you could trade a player for the possibility of no return at all. I always assumed there had to be a tangible return, even conditional picks.

Remember when Carter Ashton was traded to the Bolts for a conditional 7th

Line_HTX

Should Anaheim trade Bernier to a team that starts him in half of its playoff games next spring and wins the Stanley Cup, Toronto receives the Ducks’ second-round pick.

LA gets Bernier and potentially helps out Toronto in the 2nd Round, hmm...

zroid

Banned
Why do these conditions get leaked so late?

To me it is outrageous that we had to wait 10 days after the original trade to find all this out. Teams didn't disclose the conditions? Why didn't the NHL disclose the conditions?
I forget where it was, but I read a good article recently about how the NHL is shooting itself in the foot by being so secretive with stuff like this, including salary info. The league is stuck so far in the past, it's a joke. Instead of embracing fans the league spits on our faces.

Mentok

Banned
I forget where it was, but I read a good article recently about how the NHL is shooting itself in the foot by being so secretive with stuff like this, including salary info. The league is stuck so far in the past, it's a joke. Instead of embracing fans the league spits on our faces.

It's true, this league is stuck in the past and will be until the old guard gets replaced. This is a league that still defends fighting, and has no real semblance for how to dish out punishments for illegal contact. The "keep it in club" mentality won't change for a while.

Socreges

Banned
Pikma is probably walking everywhere + can't afford to eat anything beyond tapas with his 2€ caña.

Btw the suspected CP dude... where I was wondering why else the police would want his laptop....spycam at rental home and place of work. :/

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/analytics-hasnt-reached-maturity-in-the-nhl-yet-matt-pfeffer/?

So Pfeffer believes the Canadiens are ultimately going to get fleeced on this trade. He can’t speculate on why the Canadiens didn’t take his advice, but it tells us that when it comes to analytics and its place in decision making, the NHL establishment is still very much finding its way.
“The person I reported (director of legal affairs/capologist John Sedgwick) to liked my work and the methodology behind it and believed in it,” Pfeffer said, “and there were others inside the team that didn’t believe in it and maybe had their mind made up about advanced stats. I think there’s been a bit of pushback from people in the NHL recently about this kind of stuff.”

Not surprising about the analytics getting pushback from NHL management.

zroid

Banned
I caught a Rhydon in my living room :OOO

It's true, this league is stuck in the past and will be until the old guard gets replaced. This is a league that still defends fighting, and has no real semblance for how to dish out punishments for illegal contact. The "keep it in club" mentality won't change for a while.

Bettman's comment a year ago about how fans "don't care about player salaries" is still one of the most ridiculous things he's ever said. I doubt he actually believes it, but it's just another example of the league purposely antagonizing its fans.

Mentok

Banned
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/analytics-hasnt-reached-maturity-in-the-nhl-yet-matt-pfeffer/?

Not surprising about the analytics getting pushback from NHL management.

I don't know about "fleeced". I read an article that stated although it wasn't equal value (very few are arguing it is), that the Habs still got a star player that can give them a good 4 years ahead. The reasons they think Weber can up his game were (a) lesser travel (hence wear-and-tear) in the east, (b) east not being as physical (don't know if I agree with this), (c) playing in a hot market (I can see this). I can't find the article, I believe it was from hockeybuzz.

A fellow Habs fan sent me this article too (in argument about his Corsi numbers showing a player in decline): http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/digging-into-shea-webers-poor-relative-corsi/

Again, definitely not Subban, but in no way some 2nd-3rd line defenseman.

EDIT:

I caught a Rhydon in my living room :OOO

Bettman's comment a year ago about how fans "don't care about player salaries" is still one of the most ridiculous things he's ever said. I doubt he actually believes it, but it's just another example of the league purposely antagonizing its fans.

I honestly can't wait for Bettman to be gone. He's terrible... not "Sepp Blatter" terrible, but more incompetent terrible.

Quick

Banned
Remember when Carter Ashton was traded to the Bolts for a conditional 7th

I forgot about this, but wasn't the condition something like a 7th for that year or the year after?

Anyway, I'm not complaining at all. I'm just happy to see some cap space gained really.

Re: Bettman.

Can't say I've really followed league politics until probably 10 years ago now, basically right after the lockout.

I'm not a fan nor do I hate Bettman. He seems to have been around during some major progress in the league (so far). But I don't really know his record from the 90s and early-2000s to comment on his body of work.

I've always chalked up the Bettman hate partly as a giant bandwagon where it's just become a thing that people do for possibly no reason at all, and this may be true for some.

Re: Pokemon GO

There's a funeral home near me that's a Pokestop. lol

Re: Bettman.

Can't say I've really followed league politics until probably 10 years ago now, basically right after the lockout.

I'm not a fan nor do I hate Bettman. He seems to have been around during some major progress in the league (so far). But I don't really know his record from the 90s and early-2000s to comment on his body of work.

I've always chalked up the Bettman hate partly as a giant bandwagon where it's just become a thing that people do for possibly no reason at all, and this may be true for some.

Absolutely it is true for some, but most of it comes down to hyper-nationalism from Canadian pundits, who see Bettman's moves into America is evil when in reality it's the right thing to do consider: A, the CAD is in the tank, and B: the game is growing in multiple areas.

Granted, his comments on concussions and the salary issue are bad, I won't defend those, but for the most part, Bettman has done a good job in solidifying the game in the US with a TV contract with one of the big 4 TV networks, continued to grow the game other then in the Northeastern US, and made the NHL into a league on the up and up with the younger crowd.

Top Bottom