• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Cake Boss

Banned
vgwi4zbdm55x.gif

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

MAKES NO SENSE

HES OLDER AND NOT THAT MUCH BETTER

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

lnwh.gif

Silexx

C'mon guys, I know we're all a bit iffy on the trade and it was probably made for budgetary reasons, but this is not equivalent to what MTL and EDM did. Let's keep some perspective here.

Also, I may get accused of homerism for this, but I always thought Mika was a little overhyped, though I understand why people saw the potential and where they set his ceiling.

Cake Boss

Banned
AND WE GAVE UP A 2ND ROUNDER FOR A GUY THAT ONLY HAD 8 POINTS AND IS 6 YEARS OLDER!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well Dumbass Dorion is the new name for him now, he lost any of the goodwill he has done earlier.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers forward lines now look something like:

Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello
Kreider-Zibanejad-Miller
Buchnevich-Hayes-Grabner
Glass/Gerbe-Jooris/Lindberg-Fast

Also, Brass is great. He's a big game player, shows up in the playoffs*, and has an absolute rocket of a shot that he frustratingly doesn't use often enough. And he's from Hull. You guys will like him.

*you have to get to the playoffs

LOL it's a typical Sens move, hopefully frees up $$ to sign Hoffman.

However Zibanejad never really meshed with Ryan so this might have other benefits outside the two players involved.

Curufinwe

Rangers forward lines now look something like:

Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello
Kreider-Zibanejad-Miller
Buchnevich-Hayes-Grabner
Glass/Gerbe-Jooris/Lindberg-Fast

Also, Brass is great. He's a big game player, shows up in the playoffs*, and has an absolute rocket of a shot that he frustratingly doesn't use often enough. And he's from Hull. You guys will like him.

*you have to get to the playoffs

Plenty of room to extend Kreider and Hayes, now.

Cake Boss

Banned
I get trying to find a fit for Ryan but fuck find someone younger and at least don't give up a 2nd rounder.

I get what they are trying to do because we will have White and Brown coming in the next 1-2 years and maybe replace one of Brassard and Turris, it kind of made Zibby expandable because you can only have so many Centers.

This seems like a bad trade for the Sens just going by the stat lines but really idk these guys :/ Always found it weird Sens aim to be a budget team since when I lived there a few years ago the market seemed pretty strong, enough to support a team that could run closer to the cap...but I wasn't that much in to hockey back then either, so maybe the surface level impression didn't explain the story enough.

Stasis

Not sure how I feel about this one. Need time to digest. I understand the cap savings and getting younger and receiving another pick to boot... but it feels more and more like this teams identity is going out the door. Another best buddy Zucc loses. Trade away/lose too many players that meshed well and you may end up with a mess. Maybe it all works out, too. Maybe something else is happening or its planning for next season.

A lot of moves but nothing I can say makes us better. Looks like we're worse than last year unless a few guys take big steps forward. And if we lose Step to injury again? Oy. This season is gonna be interesting at least. Maybe not fun, but interesting.

Silexx

I get trying to find a fit for Ryan but fuck find someone younger and at least don't give up a 2nd rounder.

Someone on HFBoards commented on this and it makes sense: the 2nd rounder was probably thrown in to mitigate the Rangers absorbing the signing bonus for Brassard. Also Zibby is in the last year of his contract vs Brassard who still has 3 years left.

This seems like a bad trade just going by the stat lines but really idk these guys :/ Always found it weird Sens are considered a budget team since when I lived there a few years ago the market seemed pretty strong, enough to support a team that could run closer to the cap...but I wasn't that much in to hockey back then either, so maybe the surface level impression didn't explain the story enough.

Any budget restrictions as 100% due to the ownership and not the market. Melnyk accumulated himself quite a bit of debt and is basically using the team to finance it.

Stasis

He's a righty? That's another factor I believe. Not enough RH in our top 6.

Decent size, not that brass is small. Any grit to his game?

Mentok

Banned
As someone who lives in Ottawa, I already know the reason for the trade: Melnyk's budget. This may make room for Hoffman now though, so there is that.

Stasis

Now lets try to Offer Sheet Kreider, Namestnikov, or Kucherov now Habs!

Kreider now that we have even more freed up cash to sign him? Edit, also he's in arbitration which makes that moot.

Also I highly doubt he'd accept barring massive overpayment. Which he's not worth. And I love him.

Yawnier

Banned
The Senators are one of those weird teams in the league that I don't know what spot they are in or what direction they are going in judging off their moves over the last 2-3 years

They're not cup contenders, but they're not a bottom 5 team, and perhaps not a bottom 10 team either.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Came home from vacation to a 10% raise, I've been working here for not even 5 month :O

iLLmAtlc

The Senators are one of those weird teams in the league that I don't know what spot they are in or what direction they are going in judging off their moves over the last 2-3 years

They're not cup contenders, but they're not a bottom 5 team, and perhaps not a bottom 10 team either.

I think it's usually this rebuild on the fly mentality that produces weird shit

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is there a funny rejection message for tactics like rejecting trade proposals?

Dang, Elisha Cuthbert is with Phaneuf?

:O

you JUST realized this? We've been making April&Elisha comments for ages!

somebody post that pic where Elisha looks pissed at April 'cuz Reimer let in a goal please

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What a weird trade for the Sens. Normally I would laugh hysterically, but I'm still reading daily analysis on the Subban trade everyday.

So much fuckery this offseason.

Top Bottom