• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This analytics kid has come out and apologized for calling Weber average not, what a circus. When was the last time an NHL employee was removed from his job and did this much press about it?

Mentok

Banned
Just listened to Dorion on TSN 1200AM....the guy sounds like an excited fan playing fantasy hockey rather than a GM. He really needs someone to write what to say, or at least give him pointers.

KESSSSEEEELLLL <3

That shithead also called her 'sloppy seconds' or 'leftovers' when she started dating Phaneuf.

Avery seems like the kind of person who is extremely spiteful. Granted, most of came against Marty Brodeur, but still, he seems like the kind of slime bag who holds grudges.

The Senators are one of those weird teams in the league that I don't know what spot they are in or what direction they are going in judging off their moves over the last 2-3 years

They're not cup contenders, but they're not a bottom 5 team, and perhaps not a bottom 10 team either.

Icing the best roster they can within their stupid budget.

They rely a lot on prospects developing so their problems Is that some prospects are busts ore disappointment after money and term is committed(Wiercioch, Cowen)

Not much room for error

Would...would you call it a...

stupid trade?

:eek:

Yes.

image.php

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In a cab right now and just heard the news guy on the radio run down the Rangers trade. He had to pause and brace himself before attempting to pronounce "Zibanejad."

In other news, Jeff Gorton spoke to the press after the trade. Said most of the things you would expect ("this makes us a better team" etc.), but he also talked about a few other things. For one, they never considered buying out Girardi. They "expect Dan to be better." Which is more or less what I expected, and the fact is that buying out G's contract would be very very painful for many many years. Only option is to either find some sucker to take him or to let him try to play his way back into some kind of value. Either way, AV has to liberate McDonagh from Girardi's ball and chain.

It also kind of sounds like Gorton is trying to work on more moves. He wouldn't answer on whether he was done or not but noted things could still change. So don't be shocked if the Rangers still have another trade or two to make.

Pikma

Banned
Stars have been treating Benn's contract as their biggest event of the off season, which means they won't make any trades, which means we'll be stuck with those two finnish fuckers in the net, which means I'll continue to suffer and get mad at the silliest things ever for at least one more year.

Yay, can't wait for hockey to be back

Marvie_3

Banned
Stars have been treating Benn's contract as their biggest event of the off season, which means they won't make any trades, which means we'll be stuck with those two finnish fuckers in the net, which means I'll continue to suffer and get mad at the silliest things ever for at least one more year.

Can we have Patrick Sharp back?

Curufinwe

At least they didn't sign Russell.

Red_Man

Can't wait to find out half way through the season that Radulov has been doping all this time.

Red_Man

I'm thoroughly enjoying this offseason and thanks to Bergevin I'm in no rush to start the season.

Top Bottom