• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really? I am, it'll bring us closer to MT's (and maybe even MB's) firing.
I meant in that I'm enjoying the summer and being away from hockey, not the Habs actual offseason. Last season was so draining I've had no troubles being away from hockey.

Solo

God damn Stranger Things could be the best thing Netflix created

That's what I'm saying. I have 2 episodes left and finishing it will he so bittersweet because it's been so consistently amazing. Child actors are phenomenal, the writing is on point and the mysteries are intriguing, the look is fucking impeccable and the synth score + great selections of licensed music are pitch perfect. It's what Super 8 tried to be.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The RNC my god, how can people think like this. The human brain is fascinating.

They are like a support group

After being told they are dumb all their life, the RNC is the one place they can go where no matter how stupid they are, everyone will applaud you.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's what I'm saying. I have 2 episodes left and finishing it will he so bittersweet because it's been so consistently amazing. Child actors are phenomenal, the writing is on point and the mysteries are intriguing, the look is fucking impeccable and the synth score + great selections of licensed music are pitch perfect. It's what Super 8 tried to be.

The music reminds me soooo much of Daft Punk - Contact. It's a great soundtrack for sure.

Stasis

He's not a defenseman, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

We certainly have Shattenkirk to worry about next off-season.

Or whatever the fuck we give up for him now. Can't remember the last time we've had this many picks and not made some kind of splash. I'm very very cautiously optimistic things will be OK, though.

Red_Man

We certainly have Shattenkirk to worry about next off-season.

Or whatever the fuck we give up for him now. Can't remember the last time we've had this many picks and not made some kind of splash. I'm very very cautiously optimistic things will be OK, though.
By adding OTTs 2nd rd pick, NYR now have a pick in every round of 2017 draft. They haven't picked in each of 1st, 2nd and 3rd rd since 2009
Surely there's some over the hill star that can be had for multiple picks

imBask

Banned
i'm at episode 3 and it's realllllyyyyyy good so far, this is the type of shit we need to spark some life into the horror genre

Quick

Banned
I've been meaning to watch Stranger Things all weekend, but I just haven't been in the mood when I have the time to do so.

I've been watching movies all week every afternoon on Netflix, too. lol

Smiley90

Lol!

It's mentioned as a toy at the beginning. And that's it. So given Cake Boss's reaction the game is related to what's happening

not really, no. the demigorgon is later used as a metaphor for something else - that's likely what he's referring to and not a spoiler at all. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you :p

Socreges

Banned
not really, no. the demigorgon is later used as a metaphor for something else - that's likely what he's referring to and not a spoiler at all. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you :p
Hah, my bad. I thought of it as a metaphor from the start and figured Cake Boss was revealing that the game was in fact connected to the monster

I also just assumed that spoiling the show is something Cake Boss would do...

iLLmAtlc

fuuuck looks like this is going on the list.

PS anyone with Telus cable, I notice they're previewing Season 1 of Ballers on demand for free.

zroid

Banned
This Melania speech plagiarism thing is next level crazy

I'm pretty sure real life is more ridiculous than anime at this point

Smiley90

This Melania speech plagiarism thing is next level crazy

I'm pretty sure real life is more ridiculous than anime at this point

When Trump first said he'd be running I thought he was a democratic mule to take down the Republicans

Then I thought he was just batshit insane and Republicans were eating that up like candy

Now I'm back to thinking he's trying to get Hillary elected because he doesn't ACTUALLY want to be president.

Quick

Banned
Took a quick peek at the Smash player sexual assault at EVO thread.

giphy.gif

Man, appeals for this guy and his "livelihood" (read: playing Smash) is pretty shitty.

giphy.gif

Man, appeals for this guy and his "livelihood" (read: playing Smash) is pretty shitty.

This too. I am fairly certain few people on Gaming side go outside and see the outside world for what it is.

If this was anything else, that guy would rightfully be thrown out on his ass and banned for life. Yet he only gets a one year ban and what amounts to a slap on the wrist. Disgusting. And it always ends like this in the FGC. Guy does something reprehensible, gets popped for a year.

Red_Man

When Trump first said he'd be running I thought he was a democratic mule to take down the Republicans

Then I thought he was just batshit insane and Republicans were eating that up like candy

Now I'm back to thinking he's trying to get Hillary elected because he doesn't ACTUALLY want to be president.
I was one of the "No way he gets the nomination lol" crowd to eating crow, but I still think it's so far out of reality for him to actually get close to a presidential vote, he just isolates too many demographics no matter how many radical right wingers vote for him.

The Michelle plagiarism and the blatant self rick roll definitely have me debating between some Clinton mastermind plan, or just typical Trump self destruction.

Line_HTX

That's so fucking stupid. I don't trust that shithead, ban him from all events for life. He did the worst thing possible and simply just being drunk is NO EXCUSE for that act.

A lot of people in FGHQ OT agree that he should be banned for life, so please don't act like the FGC always has slaps on the wrist because lately more and more people are stepping up to put a stop to deplorable behavior. Honestly, that is very insulting to those that condemn it strongly. No one who's actually in the community in their right mind would ever try to appeal for him.

This shit is sure as hell not going to put a damper of the best tournament weekend of the year, so fuck off saying it always ends like this.

Foggy

Torts can go down as another chapter in Columbus' embarrassing history but I could care less when he keeps advocating for dog rescues like this.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/07/first-booker-now-bentley.html

Last January, Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella ended his meeting with the media with a plaintive plea to get a rescue dog, Booker, a new home. Booker is happy. Now it's Bentley's turn.
"You know how I am," Tortorella said. "If hockey's No. 1, this stuff is No. 2."

"Bentley was dropped off a three-day kill shelter in North Carolina by a family that was moving and didn't want to take him," Tortorella said. "It's just ... unbelievable.

"We found out about it, got the wheels in motion with the people we know, and we got him out of there. So now we're trying to get out the word, just like we did Booker."

Booker was a pit bull mix that was adopted by an Ohio man shortly after the first blog was posted.
"I get pictures of Booker every couple of weeks; he's going fantastic," Tortorella said. "I check in every once in a while, 'cause it's such a happy story."

Mentok

Banned
I meant in that I'm enjoying the summer and being away from hockey, not the Habs actual offseason. Last season was so draining I've had no troubles being away from hockey.

Ahh okay

giphy.gif

Seriously, that thread is insane. The poster with the "social experiment" post alone had me saying "nooooooooooooooope!"

I always thought Trump was sabotaging his own campaign from the beginning of it. That man doesn't want to be President. The Republican Party is probably the worst it's ever been.

Line_HTX

The thing that bums me out is I know there are some people somewhere who would read your post and agree with it.

These fucking pieces of shit had to fucking ruin great events like this. This is like the third major tournament where some fucker had to be a serious dumbass and ruin the event.

God, fuck that player and everyone else trying to diminish the impact of how heinous this is.

Top Bottom