• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
George Parros is a Trump supporter which isn't surprising when you remind yourself how many punches he's taken the to face.

Razorskin

----- ------
I just walked for 1h30 with a friend playing pokemon go. We came across like 20 people, in gruops of 2-3 sitting around 2 lures near a parc, it was hilarious

we drank a lot

i'm drunk
I went to the oratory, it was filled with people playing and a bunch of lures were set.

Mentok

Banned
Lesnar failed his 2nd drug test.....

Brock_Lesnar.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
There's a million eevees around my area so literally every gym around me has a Flareon or Vaporeon guarding it.

Already over this game, can't see how people will continuing playing it as long as it requires as much walking as it does, especially come winter.

That's going to be a big thing.

They need to add more features (trading, non-gym battles, make battles more hands-on vs just two simple attacks, and so on) and more Pokemon to keep people hooked.

And it really won't matter when winter rolls around and half of North America won't want to walk up and down streets haphazardly looking for Pokemon. I walk a good mile or so walking to campus and back again every day even in Winter and I can probably keep the game going the whole time but I doubt I'll want to. And I can't imagine that others are going to be thinking much differently.
You damn wieners. A real pokemon master would walk across siberia if it meant getting a snorlax.

Quick

Banned
George Parros is a Trump supporter which isn't surprising when you remind yourself how many punches he's taken the to face.

This is legit disappointing if true. I saw the most recent tweet he made and this is the only indicator I have that he's really a Trump supporter.

Parros seemed like one of the more rational guys in hockey. Really curious what drew him in to Trump.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You damn wieners. A real pokemon master would walk across siberia if it meant getting a snorlax.
I got a Snorlax in my living room using an incense this week.

This is legit disappointing if true. I saw the most recent tweet he made and this is the only indicator I have that he's really a Trump supporter.

Parros seemed like one of the more rational guys in hockey. Really curious what drew him in to Trump.
I thought the same, always came across as pretty sane but standing by anything Trump can't be defended.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Imagine all the polls being wrong because people don't want to publicly admit they'd support trump

he wins with a sweeping 55% of the vote

america descends into chaos, Canada builds the wall to keep the North save from Westeros

wait

Marvie_3

Banned
Imagine all the polls being wrong because people don't want to publicly admit they'd support trump

he wins with a sweeping 55% of the vote

america descends into chaos, Canada builds the wall to keep the North save from Westeros

wait
Let me through first pls. I'll give you my car. Its famous. You may recognize it from tv.

Stasis

If the Flyers win the Cup this year I will buy everyone in NHLgaf a Ghost Bear jersey

So, I'm lttp again as usual but I need to know...

Will it be an official Gostisbehere jersey, or some super cheap knockoff GhostBear jersey?

I'm cool either way.

Edit: I'll let a few of you into QC. Meta automatically gets a spot. I may have a few others.

Some 14 year old got hit by a car in a nearby town. Eyewitnesses say he was riding his bike across a busy intersection, did not look if it was clear, was looking down at his phone in his lap, and went straight off the curb in front of a large truck.

Talked to an officer that has a buddy at the PD over in that town, he was told "It was likely that new Pokemon game."

Biggest screw up with the game is just how easy it is to not pay attention to the world at all. People on gaming side (and other outlets) are praising it for bringing people outside that otherwise never would, but these same people rarely have the social awareness to actually pay attention to what is going on around them. I've seen it first hand. Saw a mid-20s guy walk across a street and almost get hit by a car because he was staring at his phone. He didn't even look up when the car honked their horn.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Some 14 year old got hit by a car in a nearby town. Eyewitnesses say he was riding his bike across a busy intersection, did not look if it was clear, was looking down at his phone in his lap, and went straight off the curb in front of a large truck.

Talked to an officer that has a buddy at the PD over in that town, he was told "It was likely that new Pokemon game."
kingslunk, post if you're ok--
So Pokemon go is way too addicting.

I agree with Red_Men though. Eevee needs a nerf.

Oh good, I was worried.

Pikma

Banned
Officer FUBAR's idea to end this undending wave of pokemon related accidents is to send everyone who dares to use a smartphone while outside to prison

Fuck you FUBAR you're not telling me how to live my life

Had to take a scenic route back home last night as my wife wanted to try and catch some Pokemons.

What's this world coming to. Lol

Still have no idea what the point of this game is.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I got a Eevee

I got a rock.

Biggest screw up with the game is just how easy it is to not pay attention to the world at all. People on gaming side (and other outlets) are praising it for bringing people outside that otherwise never would, but these same people rarely have the social awareness to actually pay attention to what is going on around them. I've seen it first hand. Saw a mid-20s guy walk across a street and almost get hit by a car because he was staring at his phone. He didn't even look up when the car honked their horn.

I saw on the news this morning that someone drove their car into a parked police car while playing it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...s-into-parked-police-car-in-baltimore/7645166

People really need some common sense.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Pokemon Go is going to be its own Darwin Awards category.

Pokemon GO is going to cause a lot of accidents. I don't think Pokemon GO should be played at night. You could be driving then BAM stupid kids come out of nowhere

imBask

Banned

It is frustrating, but i'm kinda sick of seeing people blaming the game itself instead of the individuals... Biking while on your phone is incredibly stupid, no matter what you were looking at. The game doesn't actually require you to look at your phone at all time

zroid

Banned
LOL, USA chose Kyle Palmieri instead of Kessel to replace Callahan

edit: I forgot Kessel got surgery on his hand so maybe that explains it

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
As long as your house doesnt smell like piss and oatmeal, im in.

It does not :)

Also Pokemon Go is helping weeding out dumbasses.

Edit: just saw a article about a guy jumping on the subway tracks in TO to get a Pokemon. Please bring back the Ottawa sinkhole and have one in there

Cake Boss

Banned
Started playing soccer again with a team for the first time since high school and have been searching for some soccer cleats, and this shit has gotten much more complicated than it was 10 years ago when I stopped playing. So many different variables to look at as to which is the best fit for you.

Started playing soccer again with a team for the first time since high school and have been searching for some soccer cleats, and this shit has gotten much more complicated than it was 10 years ago when I stopped playing. So many different variables to look at as to which is the best fit for you.

I have some pretty flashy indoor boots that I wear, but they are comfy as hell.

I have never had a problem with Nike so I stick with them.

Socreges

Banned
Ask yourself these questions:

-Outdoor grass? Artificial grass? Indoor turf? Indoor court?
-Durable or lightweight?
-Brand loyalty? Aversion?
-How much do you want to spend?

I bought some $220 cleats on sale for $110 that fit fine but once I started running around they were way too loose. So make sure whatever you buy you try on first and it's a reasonably tight fit.

Top Bottom