• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I got it for $40 USD from the battle.net. its amazing how hidden that SKU is, trying their best to promote the $60usd version with the same game but only with extra skins.

Line_HTX

Oh right, I forgot this was Canadian Dollar.

Yeah I got it for $40 USD from the battle.net. its amazing how hidden that SKU is, trying their best to promote the $60usd version with the same game but only with extra skins.

I got fooled. I was somewhat in a hurry to play that I didn't know they had that option hidden and bought the $60 one instead.

Yay Bastion Castle in the Sky skin??

imBask

Banned
that
protect anne
difficulty spike in Star Ocean 5 :lol :lol :lol

I love JRPGs but that's the type of shit that makes me drop them, that's just poor design

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to jinx it, but the ads in the middle of the page never show up for me. I see the 'report this ad', but nothing is ever there thankfully.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Mobile gaf takes forever to load half the time now.

I've had the page freeze several times now too due to failing to load ads. Have to close chrome, relaunch and open new tab, close old one and continue browsing.

Also page still jumps around anyway like with he large bottom ads.

yyzjohn

Banned
I don't know what's more ridiculous: the fact the Leafs offered that much or that he turned it down. Someone (who isn't the Leafs) please sign him and get this over with.

Based on exactly what information that the Leafs leak do you really believe this rumor? We've all seen that under Lou and company , NOTHING is leaked until a deal gets done. I'm more likely to believe that Russell's agent is throwing BS numbers around trying to drive up the price for his client.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cool graphic on who spent what:

me9doa7hi07x.png

Avs didn't do anything big but still ended up spending the most amount of money somehow lol

The Panthers are throwing a lot of money around this summer.

I'm glad someone signed James Reimer early, and he should fit in well there. I was hoping we could somehow work magic and ditch Bernier for him.

zroid

Banned
Leafs are probably closer to $5M, still don't know Polak's cap hit

something I haven't seen people talk about is why Polak agreed to a 1 year deal on July 2nd? Did he really not think he could get 3-4 years from someone? He's bad, but he's also exactly the kind of player many GMs seem to covet... as we saw at the trade deadline this past season.

Leafs are probably closer to $5M, still don't know Polak's cap hit

something I haven't seen people talk about is why Polak agreed to a 1 year deal on July 2nd? Did he really not think he could get 3-4 years from someone? He's bad, but he's also exactly the kind of player many GMs seem to covet... as we saw at the trade deadline this past season.

What's so bad about him?

Lots of quotes from Staal since he signed up here about how his lack of production was basically because he was extremely unmotivated in Carolina because of the low budget of the team and the repeated losing seasons. Lots of assurances that he is going to play better in Minnesota.

You've seen him more than me. Any chance that's true?

I was a little taken aback by his comments, and based on what I saw of Francis responding to Staal's comments, he seemed taken aback as well. Frankly, it reeks of saltiness.

Here's my opinion on Eric:
- He followed Brind'Amour and Francis as the previous Captains. Huge shoes to fill. And to add to the pressure, both Rod and Ron stayed with the organization. Rod won a Cup. Ron went to the Cup Finals. While Eric was on the Cup-winning team, the expectations from the fanbase were pretty high for him to repeat what his predecessors had accomplished as Captain. Personally, Eric wasn't ready for that. He came to the Captaincy young and wasn't the same kind of leader as Rod and Ron were.

- Staal's production from the year he took over the Captaincy (2010-11) declined fairly dramatically (76-70-53 (strike-shortened season where he was better than a point per game)-61-54-39 (33 in CAR, 6 in NYR)). My opinion? He's not a guy who does well in the spotlight. Much better player when the focus was on someone else. Even in NY, he was expected to be a guy who could push them to the next level.

- There was always trouble finding someone to play alongside him. JR brought back Cole at one point because the two had some chemistry. But honestly, the number of players who rotated through the lineup to play alongside him was amazing. He even struggled to be productive with his brother on the same line.

- Now, I'm not saying there was anything specific about Staal and Skinner. Nothing ever came out in the press or anything. But to me, there was something going on. Skinner came to CAR and was immediately the darling of the team. Scrappy. Young. Popular as fuck. I think Staal was jealous. Seriously. I don't think the two of them got along. They tried to throw them on the same line together and it didn't work. In fact, for the couple of weeks after Staal was traded, Skinner was on fire.

- Injuries. For a while Staal was an iron man, playing every game. But for the past few years he has missed game here and there. He obviously took that knee-on-knee shot in the Worlds a couple years ago. He also takes a brutal pounding for all that possession he maintains in the corners. It has affected his speed.

- I can agree with the comment about being uninspired. He looked lazy as fuck at times. If an offensive rush didn't work out, he'd skate to the bench instead of helping with the back-check.

I was quite happy to see him go and wasn't surprised he flopped in New York. I honestly hope he can get back to where he was (both in his head and in his game) when he was younger, but that was a while ago now, and there may be too much in his head to allow him to do that. While the team has certainly struggled to put a contending team on the ice, this past season there was quite a bit to be excited about with the younger guys playing so well, and yet in that situation Staal had the worst year of his career.

I wish I could enjoy watching and care about soccer. I've tried. I want to. But I can't.

I played it for years, have a great story from when I took a clearing shot off of the face, got knocked out and the ball ricocheted into the opposing net for the game winning goal, but I don't enjoy watching it.

I wish I could enjoy watching and care about soccer. I've tried. I want to. But I can't.

I played it for years, have a great story from when I took a clearing shot off of the face, got knocked out and the ball ricocheted into the opposing net for the game winning goal, but I don't enjoy watching it.

Soccer, hockey, and baseball are all I need. Then my fix of obscure sports every 2 years with the winter and summer Olympics

I can only really get into watching hockey and baseball. I try to watch other sports and do a bit from time to time, but find it tougher to watch a whole game.

The Winter Olympics are pretty much my favourite sporting event, but a lot of that has to do with hockey as well.

To be honest, although I may seem like I don't know a lot about the NHL, I do know quite a bit -- just not nearly as much as I used to. As a kid and teen, I followed the League very closely, knew a ton about it and its rosters/players, and never missed a Leafs game. However, with what's gone on in my life and my depression making it hard to enjoy things, I haven't watched as much hockey lately or followed games closely.

I plan to get back into that this fall, with the next season.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Panthers should be ahead there considering Yandle.

Wings, Jesus what are you doing (not complaining).

Ugh. Holland is the absolute worst. Now we have so many forwards that Athanasiou, the only guy producing any offense at the end of the year, will probably start back in Grand Rapids because Holland is a terrible general manager.

Top Bottom