• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait, Russel still hasn't signed? Thankfully we don't have the cap space unless we move a guy like Emelin but that would be such a lateral move.

I was a little taken aback by his comments, and based on what I saw of Francis responding to Staal's comments, he seemed taken aback as well. Frankly, it reeks of saltiness.

Got a link to that? Sounds interesting.

- Staal's production from the year he took over the Captaincy (2010-11) declined fairly dramatically (76-70-53 (strike-shortened season where he was better than a point per game)-61-54-39 (33 in CAR, 6 in NYR)). My opinion? He's not a guy who does well in the spotlight. Much better player when the focus was on someone else. Even in NY, he was expected to be a guy who could push them to the next level.

Makes sense I suppose. He's going to be in the top-9 for the Wild, but he isn't going to be the guy here. Even if the Wild somehow got Ovechkin or Crosby on the team, Parise would still get all of the attention, for right or wrong. Hopefully that helps Staal out a bit.

- There was always trouble finding someone to play alongside him. JR brought back Cole at one point because the two had some chemistry. But honestly, the number of players who rotated through the lineup to play alongside him was amazing. He even struggled to be productive with his brother on the same line.

Sounds a lot like Koivu. Seems like Boudreau wants Parise and Coyle to be on the sides of Staal for now. Both of them are crash and bangers with skill, so hopefully that helps. But the Wild are built kind of strangely. Nobody is really top-of-the-line, but there are like 10 players that can play up and down pretty much any line. So hopefully one or two of them play well with Eric.

- Injuries. For a while Staal was an iron man, playing every game. But for the past few years he has missed game here and there. He obviously took that knee-on-knee shot in the Worlds a couple years ago. He also takes a brutal pounding for all that possession he maintains in the corners. It has affected his speed.

Between Parise and Coyle, I doubt he's going to need to go down into the corners too much. And playing between them he won't really be all that far behind. Parise's pretty fast but for the most part the team isn't all that quick. Shouldn't stick out too much.

Thanks for the comments. I obviously want to see him succeed but he's got quite a bit of miles on him.

Let me know what you think of it, I haven't played it either

Will do. I bought a ton of steam games today. Undertale was for a good price. I was tempted to buy Rocket League but there was other games I wanted more like Gmod, Undertale and KOF 2001.

Steam needs more 2D fighting games. Put all the Street Fighters on Steam for God Sake like 3rd Strike and Alpha 3. It's fucking 2016 how are these games still not on steam?

Samyy

Instead of blowing 90+ dollars on Overwatch ended up getting Life is Strange - early into the 2nd chapter so far and it's pretty good

zroid

Banned
CmeyC2kUMAAaXon.jpg

"98 Grit"

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
where is that from? I like it, it makes DopeyStats readable

DopeyStats is actually very easy to read as it's a weighted sh%/sv% stat

now the corsi/fenwick variants is a bit harder to read as it's +/-shotvalue or +/-attemptvalue

k? k

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
could you repeat that with pictograms? or Emojis maybe?

😜📊 👀👍‼ 🔫 ➡ 👆➗💯
➕🆚➖➡🆙⚪®🆘

🆗❓🆗❗

Got a link to that? Sounds interesting.

Makes sense I suppose. He's going to be in the top-9 for the Wild, but he isn't going to be the guy here. Even if the Wild somehow got Ovechkin or Crosby on the team, Parise would still get all of the attention, for right or wrong. Hopefully that helps Staal out a bit.

Sounds a lot like Koivu. Seems like Boudreau wants Parise and Coyle to be on the sides of Staal for now. Both of them are crash and bangers with skill, so hopefully that helps. But the Wild are built kind of strangely. Nobody is really top-of-the-line, but there are like 10 players that can play up and down pretty much any line. So hopefully one or two of them play well with Eric.

Between Parise and Coyle, I doubt he's going to need to go down into the corners too much. And playing between them he won't really be all that far behind. Parise's pretty fast but for the most part the team isn't all that quick. Shouldn't stick out too much.

Thanks for the comments. I obviously want to see him succeed but he's got quite a bit of miles on him.
http://www.canescountry.com/2016/7/2/12087628/ron-francis-happy-with-roster-for-now

He was then asked about Eric Staal's comments saying that the team's system did not fit his style. Francis said he was surprised at the comment, that the team plays an up-tempo system and that if he was still a player, he would want to play in that type of a system.

Socreges

Banned
There are two certainties in life: Ronaldo will never win a championship for Portugal and zroid needs to stop saying "lit"

Incredible to me that Portugal somehow placed 3rd behind Hungary and Iceland in their group, still advanced, drew Croatia, then drew Poland, and is now in the semis vs Wales. Fucked. Probably the lamest path to the Final ever.

zroid

Banned
Soc just isn't hip enough for my youthful vocabulary

Portugal even getting this far is an abomination. They're probably going to win the championship without ever having won a game in 90 minutes.

Top Bottom