• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Samyy

Predictions for next year:

Auston Matthews leads scoring next year, wins Hart trophy and Rocket Richard trophies.

Morgan Rielly is awarded captaincy and plays a Norris-like season (doesn't win the Norris - I'm trying to keep my prediction realistic here)

Maple Leafs win their division and the playoffs go like this:

1st round: Maple Leafs pummel the Habs, sweeping them and embarrassing Carey Price and Shea Weber. Bergevin gets fired.

2nd round: Maple Leafs face Washington - again they are President's Trophy winners. Maple Leafs beat them in 7 games. Washington, DC newspapers the next day: "What can we do to be more like the Leafs?"

3rd round: Maple Leafs face Boston and win in 7 games. We finally get revenge for 2013.

4th round: Maple Leafs sweep Edmonton Oilers. Rielly wins Conn Smythe.

....I'll be in my bunk

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Auston Matthews leads scoring next year, wins Hart trophy and Rocket Richard trophies.

Morgan Rielly is awarded captaincy and plays a Norris-like season (doesn't win the Norris - I'm trying to keep my prediction realistic here)

1st round: Maple Leafs pummel the Habs, sweeping them and embarrassing Carey Price and Shea Weber. Bergevin gets fired.

2nd round: Maple Leafs face Washington - again they are President's Trophy winners. Maple Leafs beat them in 7 games. Washington, DC newspapers the next day: "What can we do to be more like the Leafs?"

3rd round: Maple Leafs face Boston and win in 7 games. We finally get revenge for 2013.

this is a prediction i can get behind

zroid

Banned

all of that is fine

but do the Canucks make the playoffs?

Foggy

Well at least this charade is done with, Pens were the only real contender. It's a shame the Preds were done dirty, but that's how it goes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

So Leafs win their division and Washington get the President's trophy.

So that means the Habs will be the first wildcard so that first round can work.

Second round is impossible to happen. You've established that Washington is the top seed and Boston also moves on so Boston is the second or third see in the Atlantic which means we'd have to play them then and not in the conference finals.

This dream scenario is nothing but a phony!

Montresor

Second round is impossible to happen. You've established that Washington is the top seed and Boston also moves on so Boston is the second or third see in the Atlantic which means we'd have to play them then and not in the conference finals.

Got 'em.

(Kave Man got Montresor)

:(

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Wow I wonder how Montresor will respond to these allegations.

Absolutely pathetic display by him.

Edit: Damn too slow

Got 'em.

(Kave Man got Montresor)

:(

nOLKIk5.gif

Pikma

Banned

Stop making sense

PillarEN

I'll be honest. I'm glad some of you have a great or potentially interesting offseason to look forward to.

As a Wings fan this offseason really means nothing. We are going to be bad next year. Too many looooooong contracts that aren't cheap. It's gonna be at least 2 seasons before I think the Wings can return to the playoffs. It's sad. On the other hand I'm really excited about the new arena. It's the last thing that connects us to Mr. Ilitch who made the Wings who they are today (not this season. I mean putting in the cash and trust into the team over the decades and trusting the city of Detroit when most didn't). So yeah. I don't know what to say. I'll be watching next year regardless. I love hockey and I love my Wings. I'm just not used to being in a position where we are irrelevant.

Hold me.

I'll be honest. I'm glad some of you have a great or potentially interesting offseason to look forward to.

As a Wings fan this offseason really means nothing. We are going to be bad next year. Too many looooooong contracts that aren't cheap. It's gonna be at least 2 seasons before I think the Wings can return to the playoffs. It's sad. On the other hand I'm really excited about the new arena. It's the last thing that connects us to Mr. Ilitch who made the Wings who they are today (not this season. I mean putting in the cash and trust into the team over the decades and trusting the city of Detroit when most didn't). So yeah. I don't know what to say. I'll be watching next year regardless. I love hockey and I love my Wings. I'm just not used to being in a position where we are irrelevant.

Hold me.

Dont worry your day of reckoning will come
tenor.gif

Top Bottom