• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I want this, but keeping my expectations in check since Fallout 4 wasn't all that long ago. I'll be all over a Bethesda open world sci fi game. Even after the disappointing Fallout 4 (which was at least fun mechanically, especially survival mode).

Yeah, probably too soon.

Samyy

I would have expected that any major studio/MS/Sony/Nintendo would at the bare minimum be looking into the backgrounds of people their investing in?

A basic search around his twitter profile probably would have raised flags no? Unless he's had this all hidden until now?

Anthem looked very nice technically. Problem for me is that the world didn't look like the dude was actually in it, like it was a green screen or something. Maybe it's some uncanny valley stuff but it just looked off especially in the flying part.

PillarEN

Huh. A nutter indeed. Was thinking maybe there was some poor wording or something like that. This is more along the lines of:
7VIMozU.png

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of times I can separate creator from art but sometimes I can't. This is one of those.

Yeah people have brought up a good point in that thread. If his stupid ass views were completely separated from the game, there wouldn't be a problem(I wouldn't knowingly give money to an asshat gamergater myself), but his game is literally built around his views.

Montresor

I'm actually going to stay away from that Last Night thread because I got accused of putting on an act when I posted that I didn't understand the problem.

Once I read that tweet where he wrote "the game is about if modern feminism won instead of egalitarianism" I'm starting to understand now the problem people have with the game and person. Because I don't think modern feminism is different from egalitarianism. And there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with certain types of feminism but looks like he is going to vilify feminism in general which I wouldn't be comfortable with.

I'd bet Microsoft will drop association with the game.

I'll admit the following though:

1) Might be a bad thing but I wouldn't care about a person's politics if I could separate the politics from the game/movie/book. For example, I went out and enjoyed the hell out of Wonder Woman, even though Gal Gadot has a reprehensible opinion about Israel and the Palestinian conflict. Wonder Woman had nothing to do with that.

2) Looks like this person's poor politics are going to seep heavily into this Last Night game and dramatically shape the game's story and themes.

#2 is a problem. The game looks SO fucking good though. Which is unfortunate. Again, this might reflect poorly on me, but I might end up playing the game anyway, because I live for these types of indie games - I'd want to give it a try even if I end up quitting halfway through the game due to some terrible theme/scene.

Socreges

Banned
I'm actually going to stay away from that Last Night thread because I got accused of putting on an act when I posted that I didn't understand the problem.

Once I read that tweet where he wrote "the game is about if modern feminism won instead of egalitarianism" I'm starting to understand now the problem people have with the game and person. Because I don't think modern feminism is different from egalitarianism. And there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with certain types of feminism but looks like he is going to vilify feminism in general which I wouldn't be comfortable with.

I'd bet Microsoft will drop association with the game.

I'll admit the following though:

1) Might be a bad thing but I wouldn't care about a person's politics if I could separate the politics from the game/movie/book. For example, I went out and enjoyed the hell out of Wonder Woman, even though Gal Gadot has a reprehensible opinion about Israel and the Palestinian conflict. Wonder Woman had nothing to do with that.

2) Looks like this person's poor politics are going to seep heavily into this Last Night game and dramatically shape the game's story and themes.

#2 is a problem. The game looks SO fucking good though. Which is unfortunate. Again, this might reflect poorly on me, but I might end up playing the game anyway, because I live for these types of indie games - I'd want to give it a try even if I end up quitting halfway through the game due to some terrible theme/scene.
I mean, obviously feminism is not at odds with egalitarianism. In fact the central tenets of feminism are an effort to get to a truly egalitarian society. And the other facet is that the game is dystopian and the central explanation is 'modern feminism won' as if it came at the expense of other good things.

The game really does look fantastic. But he won't see a dime from me.

Montresor

I want to see more of the new Metro.

State of Decay 2 will be fun with co-op

I personally loved that MS conference - but they just keep going year after year without any megaton announcements. They will never "win E3" among the general gaming populace but it doesn't bother me too much. I felt the conference was full of awesome games (exclusive and non-exclusive) that I'm going to love. Plus Microsoft continued their strong commitment to being very pro-consumer, announcing they are all in for cross-platform play, and announcing Xbox backwards compatibility. To me that's a big deal.

Games of the show for me were Tacoma and Life Is Strange prequel. Christ, a game about RACHEL and Chloe pre-dyeing-her-hair-blue. Amazing. To me it's mesmerizing the idea that we're going to play as Rachel and Chloe without her blue hair. Life Is Strange was my game of the year 2015, and is my #5 game of the entire gen so far. Rachel and her (huge spoiler)
disappearance and death were huge focal points of Life Is Strange - so it's just really special to me that we're going to play a game where Rachel is alive and well

And you know what - I'll still keep my eye on The Last Night, regardless of the unattractive politics.

Montresor

Predictions for next year:

Auston Matthews leads scoring next year, wins Hart trophy and Rocket Richard trophies.

Morgan Rielly is awarded captaincy and plays a Norris-like season (doesn't win the Norris - I'm trying to keep my prediction realistic here)

Maple Leafs win their division and the playoffs go like this:

1st round: Maple Leafs pummel the Habs, sweeping them and embarrassing Carey Price and Shea Weber. Bergevin gets fired.

2nd round: Maple Leafs face Washington - again they are President's Trophy winners. Maple Leafs beat them in 7 games. Washington, DC newspapers the next day: "What can we do to be more like the Leafs?"

3rd round: Maple Leafs face Boston and win in 7 games. We finally get revenge for 2013.

4th round: Maple Leafs sweep Edmonton Oilers. Rielly wins Conn Smythe.

Predictions for next year:

Auston Matthews leads scoring next year, wins Hart trophy and Rocket Richard trophies.

Morgan Rielly is awarded captaincy and plays a Norris-like season (doesn't win the Norris - I'm trying to keep my prediction realistic here)

Maple Leafs win their division and the playoffs go like this:

1st round: Maple Leafs pummel the Habs, sweeping them and embarrassing Carey Price and Shea Weber. Bergevin gets fired.

2nd round: Maple Leafs face Washington - again they are President's Trophy winners. Maple Leafs beat them in 7 games. Washington, DC newspapers the next day: "What can we do to be more like the Leafs?"

3rd round: Maple Leafs face Boston and win in 7 games. We finally get revenge for 2013.

4th round: Maple Leafs sweep Edmonton Oilers. Rielly wins Conn Smythe.

how many points does Auston Matthews end up with?

Top Bottom