• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

PillarEN

I'm surprised they even had a conference. But it's good that they didn't waste time like EA. Better brief than dragging it out.

calder

DCF3777XcAU5L4z

Excited.gif

Wolfenstein is the game of the show so far, which isn't saying much up to this point, but I think that'll hold true.

I'm a sucker for Star Wars, so Battlefront II looks decent, give me conquest though.

Anthem looks good, but not a fan of shared world grinding games.

I was excited for Crackdown 3, but the trailer made me think I won't even buy it. It looks bad. visually and lacks any innovation.

I really tried to like Battlefront 1 but after 15-20 hours totally burned out of it. I even bought all the expansions. The core gameplay loop just wasn't deep enough to keep me interested.

I really hope they bring back Galactic conquest, and introduce some meaningful unlocks/rank stuff.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wolfenstein is the game of the show so far, which isn't saying much up to this point, but I think that'll hold true.

I'm a sucker for Star Wars, so Battlefront II looks decent, give me conquest though.

Anthem looks good, but not a fan of shared world grinding games.

I was excited for Crackdown 3, but the trailer made me think I won't even buy it. It looks bad. visually and lacks any innovation.

I honestly think crackdown is going to be really good. Everyone just went in with expectations that were way off the mark. People wanted realism and damage in SP... but devs wanted to make a true successor to the original crackdown all the way down to the style.

The MP footage shown earlier certainly didn't help expectations, either.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Ramblings on the Preds' offseason before bed...

UFA
Vernon Fiddler
Mike Fisher
PA Parenteau
Brad Hunt
Yannick Weber
Michael Liambas
Mike Ribeiro
Harry Zolnierczyk

RFA
Viktor Arvidsson
Ryan Johansen
Austin Watson
Pontus Aberg
Frederick Gaudreau
Felix Girard
Max Gortz
Adam Payerl
Jaynen Risling
Marek Mazanec

-Arvidsson's and Johansen's contracts are going to be really, really painful. Yikes.
-Craig Smith and/or Colin Wilson really need to go. They're sucking up $4.25m and $3.94m in cap space respectively and have had fuck all to show for it the past couple of years. Didn't even get a Playoff Colin Wilson™ appearance this time.
-Assuming that Jarnkrok gets snapped up by Vegas, Nashville's going to have a rough time with their center depth. Fisher will probably be back, and Gaudreau will almost certainly be on the main roster next season, but that would still leave Nashville without a good 2C.
-Fiddler should go away.
-Cody McLeod also needs to be gone and I really don't care how. Watson accomplishes everything that McLeod does, but better.
-I wouldn't mind Y.Weber sticking around for another season, but I have a feeling that he's leaving. Same with Harry Z.
-Wouldn't be surprised to see Mazanec leave North America. The backup role was his to lose, and boy did he lose it.

Not expecting any huge signings from Poile. Mostly Milwaukee guys coming up and some D depth.

Marvie_3

Banned
I honestly think crackdown is going to be really good. Everyone just went in with expectations that were way off the mark. People wanted realism and damage in SP... but devs wanted to make a true successor to the original crackdown all the way down to the style.

The MP footage shown earlier certainly didn't help expectations, either.
Dopey, lets just agree that it looked like ass.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finally got home and got around to watching the LiS trailer

AWESOOOOOME

but...... it's not made by Dotnod? It's another studio doing the prequel while Dotnod works on LiS2? I hope this isn't just a shitty cashgrab.... :/

Finally got home and got around to watching the LiS trailer

AWESOOOOOME

but...... it's not made by Dotnod? It's another studio doing the prequel while Dotnod works on LiS2? I hope this isn't just a shitty cashgrab.... :/
thats exactly what is happening.

I'm really leery about this prequel. LiS really didn't need one. I was hoping that the sequel, and still am, would be completely new characters and new setting. Them keeping the first game's world around for a prequel makes me think that won't be the case.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
iUmaTTX.gif

Well, here I am.

Really sucks that the Preds' first deep playoff run ended the way it did, but it was an impressive run and hopefully having a taste of the finals makes this organization all the more hungry. As I've only been a hockey fan for three years, I feel like I can't fully appreciate what this run means, but you could absolutely feel it in the Nashville area. Folks were losing their minds. We haven't seen sports success of this magnitude in nearly two decades.

Mark my words, NHL-GAF: The Nashville Predators (and anime) will rise again.

Y'all got fucked by the worst rule in all of sports.

Top Bottom