• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Pikma

Banned
lol, regrettably I've never played Xcom. I think it's similar to Valkyria Chronicles, though?
Well kinda, they're both SRPGS but they're still very different.

Also, you really need to fix that zroid

Rabbids + Mario keeps looking great, hopefully the game has some decent difficulty

Mario Odyssey remains the only game I really want a Switch for. I mean Metroid and Pokemon will surely be awesome too but one had just a logo and one had not even that soooo they're a long way out.

Xenoblade could be cool, and the Rabbids + Mario game I might pick up if I had a Switch but Odyssey is what is really selling the system to me.

Kinda underwhelming E3 conferences this year. Sony showed games that look great but only announced a couple new ones and kinda blew their load early with some of the announcements during the preshow. Undertale and Superhot VR coming over and the new Ni No Kuni trailer should have been in the actual conference imo. Even that cell phone group play thing might have been neat in there to break some of it up.

Microsoft didn't really sell me on why an Xbox One X is something people need to buy. They kept saying how powerful it was but without direct comparison it's really hard to tell how much difference it will actually make. Should have done some side by side shots with a regular Xbox One or something. Sea of Thieves looks lit though.

Socreges

Banned
I don't like the art style for Mario Odyssey. Hope it's fun.
New Donk City looks like garbage. The rest is pure, distilled Mario. Good stuff.

Mario Odyssey remains the only game I really want a Switch for. I mean Metroid and Pokemon will surely be awesome too but one had just a logo and one had not even that soooo they're a long way out.

Xenoblade could be cool, and the Rabbids + Mario game I might pick up if I had a Switch but Odyssey is what is really selling the system to me.
Zelda.

PillarEN

All in all you could tell that Nintendo and Sony kept a lot to their chest. I kinda wish they went more out during the actual conference (Treehouse sure, but c'mon). With Sony you know that they are going to go all out at their own event whenever that is and that the weeb material will be at Tokyo Game Show.

Videogames are in good hands though, so cool.

Here's some old music

All in all you could tell that Nintendo and Sony kept a lot to their chest. I kinda wish they went more out during the actual conference (Treehouse sure, but c'mon). With Sony you know that they are going to go all out at their own event whenever that is and that the weeb material will be at Tokyo Game Show.

Videogames are in good hands though, so cool.

Here's some old music

Even though I was disappointed with the conferences I agree with this big time. This year has been insane, and the confirmed games for 2018 makes me think next year will be great as well.

zroid

Banned
the art style in xenoblade 2 during gameplay actually looks fine to me. it's just the cutscenes that are max anime

and some of the menu elements

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Post falls a bit flat in the face of reality.

Well what AAA games will the Switch have before the end of the year then? Zelda, Mario Odyssey and...?

Maybe Xenoblade IF the release date sticks, otherwise eh. Metroid&Pokemon won't be until 2018 so that's really more of a "once games are out for it". I stand by my statement, happy to be proven otherwise.

Socreges

Banned
Well what AAA games will the Switch have before the end of the year then? Zelda, Mario Odyssey and...?

Maybe Xenoblade IF the release date sticks, otherwise eh. Metroid&Pokemon won't be until 2018 so that's really more of a "once games are out for it". I stand by my statement, happy to be proven otherwise.
"Alright so i'll buy a switch once it has games. So 2018?"

Essentially, the Switch won't have games
until 2018. Seems trollish and nonsensical. Now you move the goalposts to 'I require minimum 3 AAA games' *shrug*

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Switch has plenty of major games coming out this year. If they aren't your cup of tea, that's fine. But they're there. This is not a Wii U situation with a nine month absolute drought.

PillarEN

I don't mean to get ahead of ourselves as there can still be little cool things that come out of E3 from various meetings or stuff like Treehouse, but what is the next big gameshow? Is Gamescom happening? E3 was pretty quiet for the indie scene aside from Microsoft. These other events might be better suited for getting info on those games.

Edit: Switch for 2017 in terms of AAA is Splatoon 2, Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and Rabbids.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Alright so i'll buy a switch once it has games. So 2018?"

Essentially, the Switch won't have games
until 2018. Seems trollish and nonsensical. Now you move the goalposts to 'I require minimum 3 AAA games' *shrug*

I obviously didnt mean "literally any" games, I mean "enough games to warrant the price tag". Eg spending 500 CAD on a single game+ console isnt exactly appealing.

Like I said I'll gladly be proven otherwise and I'll definitely get it eventually, but not just to play Zelda and Mario.

There are 3 Nintendo games coming out for the Switch between now and October; one of which comes out in 3 days, and there's a 4th game containing a Nintendo property coming out in two months that also happens to look amazing.

Switch has no games tho.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Smiley has been exposed as an anti-Nintendo bot. Surely Russian in origin, but it isn't clear whether its under the control of Sony or Microsoft.

Top Bottom