• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

PillarEN

Nah I respect Smiley. Most of my friends who want the Switch are holding off this year after the conference. We all want Odyssey. The rest sort of depends on your taste if it's enough to make you jump in.

I know for them a big one is Smash Bros or a real Pokemon game. That stuff is next year or maybe after so it makes perfect sense why they don't want to grab it it now.

Pikma

Banned
Xbox showed some indie love. The one that looks really cool but was made by a sexist douche, some game called Ashen and a few others I think.
Oh right, that thing

Maybe that shit and things like the No Man's Sky situation will continue to get them pushed directly less and less

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care if the cutscenes are kinda anime, Xeniblade 2 looks amazing

Kinda anime?

Some girl has cat ears plus a tail, and is riding on top of her anthropomorphic partner that also happens to be her blade.

I'll probably still play it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kinda anime?

Some girl has cat ears plus a tail, and is riding on top of her anthropomorphic partner that also happens to be her blade.

I don't see anything at all strange about any of that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have a romantic lunch with my pillow.

Pikma

Banned
Kinda anime?

If you think that's too anime you need to check out the anime me and 19 & 21 watch, you'd be embarrassed

I have faith that Days Gone is gonna be good. I've seen a lot of negativity on GAF about it but I believe there is more cool shit in that game that we haven't seen yet that will set it apart from the other zombie games out there.

A lot of people were down on Horizon pre-release too and now everybody loves it.

I have faith that Days Gone is gonna be good. I've seen a lot of negativity on GAF about it but I believe there is more cool shit in that game that we haven't seen yet that will set it apart from the other zombie games out there.

A lot of people were down on Horizon pre-release too and now everybody loves it.

For me it's a combination of what we've seen, haven't seen and developer pedigree. Not gonna hold out hope.

wOWJd0m.png

imBask

Banned
you can taser people until they catch on fire in Syphon Filter tho, if that's not a 10/10 game then I don't know what is

PillarEN

I have faith that Days Gone is gonna be good. I've seen a lot of negativity on GAF about it but I believe there is more cool shit in that game that we haven't seen yet that will set it apart from the other zombie games out there. .

I'm one of those "fuck everything set in a zombie post apocalyptic world that reminds me of the Walking Dead." In that sense I am bored of the game already. However to me the game lives and dies by its gameplay which is massive hoard control. So even I can put aside the fact that it's another zombie game, if you can be very creative in terms of solving problems in the game.

calder

I'm still trying to figure out whether the Dano signing means he's gone to Vegas for sure or Enstrom waived his NMC and Dano is protected now.

sXGhf1x_383e018c75d796eba99c7423351d1a82.gif

I'm one of those "fuck everything set in a zombie post apocalyptic world that reminds me of the Walking Dead." In that sense I am bored of the game already. However to me the game lives and dies by its gameplay which is massive hoard control. So even I can put aside the fact that it's another zombie game, if you can be very creative in terms of solving problems in the game.

My thoughts exactly, hoard manipulation to take out human enemies has potential to be very cool.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

same.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I couldn't roll my eyes any harder when he threw the rock at the sign and the enemy character did the usual "What was that, I better go stand directly in front of this sign so I can look in these 1 foot high bushes"

calder

Yeah I've been done with zombies for years. I do however love single player open world third person games so much I'll definitely play this, but the setting does limit my hype. Looks great visually and seems to have a solid story at least.

Pikma

Banned
I couldn't roll my eyes any harder when he threw the rock at the sign and the enemy character did the usual "What was that, I better go stand directly in front of this sign so I can look in these 1 foot high bushes"
It was a great highly realistic reaction, you're just a hater as always

imBask

Banned
Huh I thought I was the only one who wasn't really on board with Day's Gone, I kept reading about people being so hyped for it and was confused as hell

Yawnier

Banned
I don't mean to get ahead of ourselves as there can still be little cool things that come out of E3 from various meetings or stuff like Treehouse, but what is the next big gameshow? Is Gamescom happening? E3 was pretty quiet for the indie scene aside from Microsoft. These other events might be better suited for getting info on those games.

Edit: Switch for 2017 in terms of AAA is Splatoon 2, Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and Rabbids.

Gamescom in late August and TGS in late September.

Most years there are a few neat things announced at Gamescom but nothing too big. But I do remember that one year where Sony announced the first PS3 slim there though and a price cut years ago.

Yeah, that's some dumb shit that's in way too many games with stealth.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
With all the Xenoblade cat ears and Sony... this whatever, I can hear Fate cumming violently all the way over here

Socreges

Banned
I obviously didnt mean "literally any" games, I mean "enough games to warrant the price tag". Eg spending 500 CAD on a single game+ console isnt exactly appealing.

Like I said I'll gladly be proven otherwise and I'll definitely get it eventually, but not just to play Zelda and Mario.
Are you waiting for a price drop? Then your shifting posts would begin to make sense to me.

Marvie_3

Banned
The Switch has plenty of major games coming out this year. If they aren't your cup of tea, that's fine. But they're there. This is not a Wii U situation with a nine month absolute drought.
Yeah theres plenty to play on Switch and a bunch of games coming this fall. Not sure what the complaint is.

Holy shit, they announced a Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga remake.

The original was one my favorite games as a kid!
Fuck yes. Loved the original.

Yeah theres plenty to play on Switch and a bunch of games coming this fall. Not sure what the complaint is.

From what I gather it's largely misplaced anxiety that is actually about whether or not third parties will latch on to the system. And in that regard I can't think of a more attractive Nintendo console for third parties to latch onto that wasn't the NES or SNES. Devkits are absurdly cheap, the hardware is good, people REALLY want to buy it, there's no gimmicky control mandate to fuck around with.

But there's also the issue of Nintendo policies and third parties, and that part I understand being weary of. But if anything, Nintendo has shown that they can loosen up at least regarding their own properties. I could see that bleeding into their third party policies.

Marvie_3

Banned
From what I gather it's largely misplaced anxiety that is actually about whether or not third parties will latch on to the system. And in that regard I can't think of a more attractive Nintendo console for third parties to latch onto that wasn't the NES or SNES. Devkits are absurdly cheap, the hardware is good, people REALLY want to buy it, there's no gimmicky control mandate to fuck around with.

But there's also the issue of Nintendo policies and third parties, and that part I understand being weary of. But if anything, Nintendo has shown that they can loosen up at least regarding their own properties. I could see that bleeding into their third party policies.
I think a lot of 3rd parties are/were waiting because of how shitty the Wii U sold. Wouldnt surprise if there were a bunch of 3rd party games in development now but still too far off to announce or show. If/when they get announced it'll probably be i directs at the end of the year or even next e3.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if we'll ever see third parties return to Nintendo consoles, but it doesn't really matter all that much to me since I play about 3 games a year.

calder

I think if you jerks really cared about Nintendo at all you'd buy Smelly a Switch and show him just how awesome it is.

I'll set up a gofundme, hang on.

Socreges

Banned
I always get a PlayStation or Xbox for 3rd party games, and the Nintendo system for Nintendo games.

But I kind of want all games to be portable now. My gaming habits have changed a bit because I'm busier and because the Switch is more flexible. So hopefully 3rd party support is better this time around but I still figure companies don't want to take the risk because they assume the user base isn't interested in non-Nintendo games. I think there would need to be a lot of systems sold before 3rd parties truly start dedicating resources.

I don't know if we'll ever see third parties return to Nintendo consoles, but it doesn't really matter all that much to me since I play about 3 games a year.
Exactly. I'm still playing Zelda. 👌

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I always get a PlayStation or Xbox for 3rd party games, and the Nintendo system for Nintendo games.

But I kind of want all games to be portable now. My gaming habits have changed a bit because I'm busier and because the Switch is more flexible. So hopefully 3rd party support is better this time around but I still figure companies don't want to take the risk because they assume the user base isn't interested in non-Nintendo games. I think there would need to be a lot of systems sold before 3rd parties truly start dedicating resources.

Exactly. I'm still playing Zelda. 👌

I'll probably end up playing more when I get a Switch.

I'd say 80% of my play time on the Wii U was gamepad only when I had the TV on as background noise, or somebody else was using it.

Really wish the Switch could find a way to support asymmetrical multiplayer like the Wii U though, most underrated function last gen(or this gen, can't remember).

calder

Hey man, Smelly saved my ass from a super bad situation a few years ago. You joke but he probably deserves it.

I'd never joke about Smelly, he's awesome.

Holy fucking shit a Switch is $400?! Damn, I thought it was cheaper for some reason. Must have had the US price in mind subconsciously.

Top Bottom