• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Lebrun is reporting that the GMs had a conference call with Bill Daly and the NHL said to NOT leak any trades made with Vegas to the media ahead of the June 21st Expansion draft

Cake Boss

Banned
Lebrun is reporting that the GMs had a conference call with Bill Daly and the NHL said to NOT leak any trades made with Vegas to the media ahead of the June 21st Expansion draft

Literally the No Fun League.

They do their best to limit excitement for their products, it's simply amazing how horrid their marketing is.

Curufinwe

They want the announcement of the 30 players to be a surprise.

But there are only three days left for the 30 non-expansion teams to trade with each other, so hopefully something big happens soon.

PillarEN

But why? How do you leak a trade? If a trade happened a trade happened. Players know, they have social media or they tell their parents/wives/friends/ex teammates. How do you suppress it? Loose lips sink ships and all that but nobody cares about sinking these kind of embargoes.

If google translate is right (how could it ever be wrong) Jagr is coming back, just needs to ink after the expansion draft. *cue highlander theme*

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej...jagr-by-mel-stravit-dalsi-rok-na-floride.html

Yes. It says everything is prepared for a 1 year contract.

Lol. It also talks about the slow process with his green card due to Lord Fuckhead Trump's policies.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
So Neal broke his hand in Game 1 against the Ducks, managed to play through that series and the SCF as well.

I'd be interested in seeing the rest of the Preds' damage report. There has to be a good reason why McLeod saw ice time in the SCF over...well, anybody.

Edit: Looks like the report is actually happening now.

Wilson: Hamstring
Neal: Broken hand
Smith: High ankle sprain
Ellis: Requires further evaluation

Fiala and Johansen are ahead of schedule

PillarEN

Noticed that Grand Rapids won the Calder Cup. That's nice. Wonder what that means for the future of the Red wings. As someone who ignores the minors, how is the correlation between farm team success and future success of the A team?

yyzjohn

Banned
Noticed that Grand Rapids won the Calder Cup. That's nice. Wonder what that means for the future of the Red wings. As someone who ignores the minors, how is the correlation between farm team success and future success of the A team?

Well they also won it in 2013...how have the Red Wings done since then?

Foggy

There's typically a positive correlation but it mostly comes down to whether the young players were major contributors to the success or not.

Alucard

Banned
Okay, might need a Nintendo Switch. Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Kirby? Get outta town. Those four games alone would be enough to keep me busy for over a year or two.

calder

In a solid example of life imitating art, Girardi is the long time most selected player for the Capfriendly buyout calculator.

DCTCsPWV0AAqQYC.jpg

calder

Michael Clifford @SlimCliffy
in 2015-16, the Carolina Hurricanes took six more roughing penalties *as a team* than Dustin Byfuglien did.

Random tweet but... yeah I can imagine that being the case lol.

Cactus

Banned
I like all the old Kirby games (Super Star, Adventure, Dream Land, etc.) but the series feels really "played one, played them all" to me. I haven't enjoyed any of the more recent traditional Kirby games, or any of the spinoffs (although Canvas Curse was pretty cool).

zroid

Banned
It's amazing. Basically Triple Deluxe with a new mechanic that really adds a lot to the formula.

god I haven't even finished Triple Deluxe. maybe played about two thirds... i suck at finishing games these days.

around this time of year people are always like "I PRE-ORDERED $1000 WORTH OF GAMES" and I'm just thinking "how do you play more than 4 games a year"

a great kirby game, i really loved it
it has shirou's seal of approval

uh oh

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, I loooove G. He brought so much to the team, seemed nearly invulnerable for most of his time in NY, and was the heart and the soul of the team for much of the last decade.

It was just decidedly time for those days to come to an end.

Top Bottom