• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Calamari41

41 > 38
I like all the old Kirby games (Super Star, Adventure, Dream Land, etc.) but the series feels really "played one, played them all" to me. I haven't enjoyed any of the more recent traditional Kirby games, or any of the spinoffs (although Canvas Curse was pretty cool).

I felt the same way until I tried Triple Deluxe. It's the same base formula, but has a much better design to it, especially the focus on finding secrets in the levels. The games between Kirby 64 and Triple Deluxe were all incredibly boring to me, because they were just about getting to the end of the very easy levels and not much else. Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot are all about actual cleverly designed levels and secrets that are satisfying to find, and that you have to intelligently use your abilities to uncover.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NYR looking to trade Stepan

If it's for Galchenyuk, luls will be had.
This is also expected. There's been a lot of low rumbling for literally years now about the possibility of trading Stepan to the Avalanche in particular, and the Rangers have numerous targets in Colorado that they'd like to go after, so figure that's the most likely destination until there's more info to the contrary.

Cake Boss

Banned
NYR looking to trade Stepan

If it's for Galchenyuk, luls will be had.

That was one of my predictions that I had from the Pierre rumor yesterday.

Either him or Jordan Stall, Dubinsky, Zajac or Sutter lol

Edit:

On Alex Galchenyuk future in MTL, my take as follows: MTL is most certainly "listening" on trade talk (where have we heard that before, PK).

By no means is it assured Galchenyuk will be traded, but MTL needs help at centre and it's become clear MTL doesn't view AG as a centre.

Obviously, fit would have to be just right and by no means are Habs trying to get rid of Galchenyuk. Needs a new deal whether he stays/goes.

Common sense would suggest Galchenyuk won't sign an extension in MTL until he has a clearer picture of whether he's staying or going.

If trade appears likely, guessing preference would be to negotiate with new team as opposed to doing a deal in MTL and then getting dealt.

Bobby Mac Twitter.

imBask

Banned
We're not getting anything better than Derek Stepan for Galchenyuk, so we might as well since he's a lost cause here

Fuck my shit up fam

Please let it be for Horvat, RNH, Giroux or someone that's an actual talent and not a fucking liability down the road

Please for the love of god

Hell I wouldn't mind if we took Drouin

Solo

Creeper you are drunk.

- Horvat isn't available.
- RNH we could probably get, but.....why? He's not an upgrade over AGally.
- Giroux would take a mammoth overpayment for a guy who is aging, whose production has dipped 4 straight years, and who has an albatross contract when you consider his declining production.

calder

cut.jpeg

Adam Lowry is a center. Great on the PK, a bruising 6'4" with a good physical game, decent offense
kept vague hoping no one looks his stats up
who got 15 goals last year despite playing on the third line behind Fefe and Little and would probably sign long term for like 5 mill a year no problem.

We'll even throw in a protected first round pick. Pick up the phone Habs GAF!

cut.jpeg

Adam Lowry is a center. Great on the PK, a bruising 6'4" with a good physical game, decent offense
kept vague hoping no one looks his stats up
who got 15 goals last year despite playing on the third line behind Fefe and Little and would probably sign long term for like 5 mill a year no problem.

We'll even throw in a protected first round pick. Pick up the phone Habs GAF!

Would rather have Josh Morrissey thank you very much

yyzjohn

Banned
Bozak for AGally.

Pros for Habs:
Bozie has a higher points per game average
Bozie is great on faceoffs
Bozie has handled #1 center duties before
Bozie is a nice guy and real gud pro

Yawnier

Banned
Bozak for AGally.

Pros for Habs:
Bozie has a higher points per game average
Bozie is great on faceoffs
Bozie has handled #1 center duties before
Bozie is a nice guy and real gud pro

I think Lou could throw in Ben Smith as a sweetener to the deal as well

Bozak and Smith as your top 6 centers isn't that bad, really I mean it.

imBask

Banned
yeah i'm sure Galchenyuk would take the Toronto heat pretty well...
The guy gets too confused to play hockey properly when there's a sticker missing on his bananas

calder

Enjoy a literal bag of shit.

cut.jpeg

"That feels needlessly harsh. I bring a real solid old school physical game to the table, just looking around the dressing room this team seems to be 1 man mountain, 1 super soft big guy and 21 hobbits so I think it'll be a good fit."

Socreges

Banned
Creeper you are drunk.

- Horvat isn't available.
- RNH we could probably get, but.....why? He's not an upgrade over AGally.

@Bob_Stauffer

For those asking about a Montreal rumour of Galchenyuk and #1 for RNH, plus.
I don't see the Oilers being interested at this time
😬

Must be hard to be a Habs fan right now with certain sacred cows and reality constantly beating them down.

...not talking about anyone in particular!

Solo

��

Must be hard to be a Habs fan right now with certain sacred cows and reality constantly beating them down.

...not talking about anyone in particular!

AGally AND a 1st for fucking RNH? Fucking loooooool. If that is true, Bergevin should be fired immediately.

Like, fair enough if you want to trade RNH and AGally straight up, or with a later pick added. I don't like it, but fair enough:

RNH:
- 6'0", 196 lbs
- 395 GP (13 Playoff GP)
- 95G (0 Playoff G)
- 170 A (4 Playoff A)
- 265 PTS (4 Playoff PTS)
- 0.67 PPG (0.31 Playoff PPG)
- 43.2% F/O (44.8% Playoff F/O)

AGally:
- 6'1", 210 lbs
- 336 GP (28 Playoff GP)
- 89 G (4 Playoff G)
- 115 A (9 Playoff A)
- 204 PTS (13 Playoff PTS)
- 0.61 PPG (0.46 Playoff PPG)
- 45.3% F/O (36.8% Playoff F/O)

But then for Montreal to ADD a 1st rounder.....for what, RNH's career 0.06 PPG more than AGally's? Shit is whack. Like, I could follow BargainBin's character/intangibles logic if it were like AGally and a 3rd or 4th, but a 1st? Fuck right off. I also firmly believe that RNH is as good as he's going to get, while AGally has an untapped ceiling.

Solo

Also RNH has a career TOI average of 19.06 minutes. AGally's is 15.19 minutes. He's way more productive than RNH.

Career P/60
- RNH 2.11
- AGally 2.38

But we want to throw a 1st in too? Fucking BargainBin.

Socreges

Banned
AGally AND a 1st for fucking RNH? Fucking loooooool. If that is true, Bergevin should be fired immediately.

Like, fair enough if you want to trade RNH and AGally straight up, or with a later pick added. I don't like it, but fair enough:

RNH:
- 6'0", 196 lbs
- 395 GP (13 Playoff GP)
- 95G (0 Playoff G)
- 170 A (4 Playoff A)
- 265 PTS (4 Playoff PTS)
- 0.67 PPG (0.31 Playoff PPG)
- 43.2% F/O (44.8% Playoff F/O)

AGally:
- 6'1", 210 lbs
- 336 GP (28 Playoff GP)
- 89 G (4 Playoff G)
- 115 A (9 Playoff A)
- 204 PTS (13 Playoff PTS)
- 0.61 PPG (0.46 Playoff PPG)
- 45.3% F/O (36.8% Playoff F/O)

But then for Montreal to ADD a 1st rounder.....for what, RNH's career 0.06 PPG more than AGally's? Shit is whack. Like, I could follow BargainBin's character/intangibles logic if it were like AGally and a 3rd or 4th, but a 1st? Fuck right off. I also firmly believe that RNH is as good as he's going to get, while AGally has an untapped ceiling.
I'm not going to get involved, but you neglected to mention how good each is defensively.

Solo

I'm not going to get involved, but you neglected to mention how good each is defensively.

See, I'm all for the mindset that the team seems to have, that being solid defensively will lead to more offensive chances. It makes sense. But ultimately, when you get that opportunity on offense, someone has to put the puck in the net. The way the Habs are built, only maybe Pacioretty and Galchenyuk can reasonably be expected to score. I guess Im willing to live with a poor defensive game and keep the more dangerous offensive threat, rather than add yet another defensively sound centre.

Marvie_3

Banned
Also RNH has a career TOI average of 19.06 minutes. AGally's is 15.19 minutes. He's way more productive than RNH.

Career P/60
- RNH 2.11
- AGally 2.38

But we want to throw a 1st in too? Fucking BargainBin.
Im sure it'll be a late first after this years version of the best Habs team since '93 makes that long predicted run in the playoffs.

Top Bottom