• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Oh well, losing Methot will suck but I like Claesson and Chabtsson is gonna come in too. On the other hand Vegas takes Claesson and we keep Methot, completely fine with me too.

Curufinwe

Wow, Doan was done dirty. What the fuck, 'yotes?

They gave him $4m as a 40 year old to stink it up on the ice, and now the whiny bitch is mad he isn't getting another undeserved payday out of them.

If he really took every bullet for the franchise, he would have agreed to be traded back when he had value like Iginla did.

You know what? FUCK THE COYOTES. Fuck 'em. Go burn in a fucking fire you fucking fucks.

Morgan: Coyotes owed Doan a more dignified exit

Fucking slimeball. Not even having the decency to show up to talk to a guy that's put the franchise on his shoulders for 20 years.

Barroway knows what he's doing. Trading Smith and doing this to Doan will cause a fan backlash, kill any hopes of getting a stadium deal done, and allowing him to move the team very easily while claiming that the city doesn't want them.

Scum. The whole fucking horrid lot of Coyote trash ownership and front office.

Fuck them. Fucking fucks. Fuck.

I'm done. Kiss my ass, Coyotes. Good fucking riddance. Whatever poor town gets these clowns next, good luck to you. You want 'em, Canada? Take 'em. Enjoy the next 20 year playoff drought.

Assholes.

Fuck the Coyotes.

DuckGAF, I am ready to join you. Will you have me?

You can become our Golden Knights Member :0

But yeah the Yotes did Doan dirty.

Marvie_3

Banned
They gave him $4m as a 40 year old to stink it up on the ice, and now the whiny bitch is mad he isn't getting another undeserved payday out of them.

If he really took every bullet for the franchise, he would have agreed to be traded back when he had value like Iginla did.
This. Dude is a 40+ year old free agent and hes shocked that the team isnt bringing him back.

You can become our Golden Knights Member :0

But yeah the Yotes did Doan dirty.
Yeah! CosmicQuesoKnights!

This. Dude is a 40+ year old free agent and hes shocked that the team isnt bringing him back.

The team is doing these moves to make extra certain they don't get any public support for a stadium and can then move.

Yep, he didn't earn the contract last season on ice. But off ice? Dude is the reason why the team even exists, and his presence sells tickets and sells the most gear. His $ value extended well beyond the ice.

The coyotes know this, and these moves are designed to kill NHL hockey in Arizona.

yyzjohn

Banned
The team is doing these moves to make extra certain they don't get any public support for a stadium and can then move.

Yep, he didn't earn the contract last season on ice. But off ice? Dude is the reason why the team even exists, and his presence sells tickets and sells the most gear. His $ value extended well beyond the ice.

The coyotes know this, and these moves are designed to kill NHL hockey in Arizona.

Auston Mathews is from Arizona, looks up to Shane Doan, so you can happily jump onboard the Leafs bandwagon. I'm sure he'll bring the Cup back to Arizona when the Leafs win it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Auston Mathews is from Arizona, looks up to Shane Doan, so you can happily jump onboard the Leafs bandwagon. I'm sure he'll bring the Cup back to Arizona when the Leafs win it.

I dont think Arizona will still exist by that time.

Not just the team, the state.

Foggy

He might be a spurned Yotes fan, but he still has some dignity left

Marvie_3

Banned
They weren't getting a stadium anyway.

His value cant be that high considering the Coyotes attendance and financial situation.

It was dead long before this. Its been a Weekend at Bernies thing for awhile now.

Marvie_3

Banned
We're nothing if not welcoming. ignore the haters in this thread and do what your heart tells you is right.
If his heart was telling him to do what is right then he wouldn't pick the Leafs. He made a bad choice before but Cosmic is smart enough to learn from his mistakes.

Cake Boss

Banned
$

$

GIVE MEE THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

calder

Marvin the Hockey Central panel just suggested Chicago as a good fit for Shane Doan to chase his Cup.

He'd bring "leadership" to the mix, although even noted idiot Todd Hlushko had to admit the Hawks maybe had some "leadership" already.

I don't know if team loyalty means that much. It's a business. Companies will fire longtime employees at the drop of a hat.

How many players get to leave or retire on their own terms? Sundin ended his career by not waiving his NTC and didn't play for half a year until he joined the Canucks. Naslund wasn't re-signed and spent a year in New York. Iginla bounced around and might not even get a contract this year. Alfredsson and Modano spent their final seasons on a new team. Everyone loves a Bourque story but it's the exception not the norm.

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvin the Hockey Central panel just suggested Chicago as a good fit for Shane Doan to chase his Cup.

He'd bring "leadership" to the mix, although even noted idiot Todd Hlushko had to admit the Hawks maybe had some "leadership" already.
Note to self: Keep ignoring Hockey Central

Line_HTX

Yeah, I'm not really buying the whole "loyalty" thing. Doan should have known for a long time that this type of business is not one that cares much for loyalty in any sport.

PillarEN

Queso stick around. The Yotes aren't moving. They are never moving. The NHL will not budge from that large population. Even the Packers fans who obsessed over Favre not being allowed to return eventually came around.

Me, lol

Yeah, I'm not really buying the whole "loyalty" thing. Doan should have known for a long time that this type of business is not one that cares much for loyalty in any sport.

That's the point Olczyk made

“Embarrassing,” said NBC NHL analyst and former Doan teammate, Ed Olczyk. “This should not happen to this guy, this way, with all that he has done. His loyalty backfired. All types of players take notice of this.”

However, Doan took a hometown discount on his prior deals (until last year's 1 year deal). He expected that that would be reciprocated. Foolish, perhaps, but that's where they're at.

Maybe Doan thought all the nonsense about "wanting to keep the team in Arizona" was true. If it was, then they'd need Doan to bring the community along for the stadium votes and funding.

By getting rid of the guy, in this very particular way, ownership is making a strong statement they give no f's.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I take solace in the fact that while the Rangers may be incredibly frustrating sometimes, they're almost never "let's trade Kristaps Porzingis" level frustrating.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So the Leafs have been trying to make a deal with Vegas, according to SN

Don't know if it's over Leipsic/Rychel or a defenseman or one of the first rounders (Leafs would probably trade a bunch of picks just for another first, due to how well the prospects have been progressing)

Merguson

Banned
So the Leafs have been trying to make a deal with Vegas, according to SN

Don't know if it's over Leipsic/Rychel or a defenseman or one of the first rounders (Leafs would probably trade a bunch of picks just for another first, due to how well the prospects have been progressing)

I'm going to place a bet on getting one of those defenseman exposed in the draft.

Top Bottom