• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Benning is the gift that keeps giving

Jim Benning on potentially drafting a defenseman: "We need a true PP defenseman - a guy that can score and put up 50-60 points." #Canucks

Defencemen who have averaged 55 points a season in the past four years: Erik Karlsson

Marvie_3

Banned
Mann... a lot of crazy shit happening in the NBA right now..

All this talk of Lebron leaving again and the NHL is having a Trade Freeze SMH.
qofAKMC.gif

calder

Just read a heartwarming article about Doan and what a loss for Arizona hockey his leaving is and it hit me - he needs to go to the Leafs and pass the AZ hockey torch to the heir apparent in person. Really show Matthews what it takes to be a True Leader of Men.

It would be money well spent by the Leafs. Two years, like a token 3mill per or so. Just feels right.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just read a heartwarming article about Doan and what a loss for Arizona hockey his leaving is and it hit me - he needs to go to the Leafs and pass the AZ hockey torch to the heir apparent in person. Really show Matthews what it takes to be a True Leader of Men.

It would be money well spent by the Leafs. Two years, like a token 3mill per or so. Just feels right.
Leadership like that should be at least $4m.

For 5 years.

Quick

Banned

Can't have two dads on the team. That ain't right.

Doan should sign with the Jets.

Quick

Banned
Ottawa people: I might be stopping by for a couple of days in a month. I'm looking at a few places on Airbnb and they all clam to be walking distance to Parliament Hill from just south of it or from Byward Market.

Is the city/area actually that walkable? I'm narrowing down my stay to around Byward Market or along Sussex Drive.

Ottawa people: I might be stopping by for a couple of days in a month. I'm looking at a few places on Airbnb and they all clam to be walking distance to Parliament Hill from just south of it or from Byward Market.

Is the city/area actually that walkable? I'm narrowing down my stay to around Byward Market or along Sussex Drive.

All of downtown is very walkable yes

Mentok

Banned

Yup, downtown is very walkable.

Silexx

Like others said, it's very walkable. I mean, Byward Market is literally next to Parliament Hill.

Very walkable.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I've heard it's very walkable.

On a walkable scale of "not very" to "very", it lands squarely on the very walkable end of the spectrum

Quick

Banned
All of downtown is very walkable yes

Yup, downtown is very walkable.

Like others said, it's very walkable. I mean, Byward Market is literally next to Parliament Hill.

Very walkable.

I've heard it's very walkable.

On a walkable scale of "not very" to "very", it lands squarely on the very walkable end of the spectrum

AbletoWalk it

Thanks guys.

I think I found a place right by Byward Market. Bit pricier than I'd like, but being close to everything would be nice vs having to rely on the bus or Uber.

You know what? FUCK THE COYOTES. Fuck 'em. Go burn in a fucking fire you fucking fucks.

Morgan: Coyotes owed Doan a more dignified exit

On Saturday, Chayka invited Doan to breakfast at First Watch in Scottsdale. Doan thought the meeting was to discuss his playing future. Chayka told him there would be no playing future with the Coyotes.

“I was being corporately fired,” Doan said.

Doan made it crystal clear in a lengthy radio interview with Arizona Sports, and in a subsequent phone conversation, that he felt Coyotes owner Andrew Barroway was behind the decision, yet Barroway did not attend that public meeting with the franchise’s longtime captain, loyal foot soldier and Valley icon.

Fucking slimeball. Not even having the decency to show up to talk to a guy that's put the franchise on his shoulders for 20 years.

“Embarrassing,” said NBC NHL analyst and former Doan teammate, Ed Olczyk. “This should not happen to this guy, this way, with all that he has done. His loyalty backfired. All types of players take notice of this.”

Barroway knows what he's doing. Trading Smith and doing this to Doan will cause a fan backlash, kill any hopes of getting a stadium deal done, and allowing him to move the team very easily while claiming that the city doesn't want them.

Doan is that rare player, like Fitzgerald, who deserved to decide his manner of departure. Instead, as one league source put it: “This guy takes every bullet for this team for a decade, then gets tossed out like a piece of trash.”

Scum. The whole fucking horrid lot of Coyote trash ownership and front office.

Fuck them. Fucking fucks. Fuck.

I'm done. Kiss my ass, Coyotes. Good fucking riddance. Whatever poor town gets these clowns next, good luck to you. You want 'em, Canada? Take 'em. Enjoy the next 20 year playoff drought.

Assholes.

Fuck the Coyotes.

DuckGAF, I am ready to join you. Will you have me?

Cake Boss

Banned
Tony Marinaro‏Verified account @TonyMarinaro 4m4 minutes ago
More
Several reports in past week that Alex Radulov has agreed to terms with HABS. Those reports are FALSE. For now, the 2 sides are far apart.

Another thing that far in Habs land.

yyzjohn

Banned
Imagine Doan being taken out for breakfast by a 28 year old punk and the guy telling him he's no longer wanted. Chayka starting out rocking and rolling.

Just realized Chayka was 6 years old when Doan first started playing for the team lol

Silexx

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun

Do not believe Ottawa was able to work out a deal with Vegas last night before GM GM's self imposed deadine. But, does he circle back again?

Goodby Methot :'(

when Cosmic is done with the Yotes...you know it's over.

In googling to learn more about him, of course one of the first results is an NHL.com puff piece saying it's the right move.

Cake Boss

Banned
Cleasson > Methot

Dude averaged 11 points the last 3 seasons playing with a generational offensive dman.

OVERRRRAAATTTEDDDDDDDD!

Give me the younger, cheaper and more offensive option instead.

Top Bottom