• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
so do we find everything out about the Golden Knights tomorrow at the 8 PM show? or do we think stuff will leak/be announced early?

God I hope they don't take Crosby.

I imagine we'll hear a little bit leaking out earlier in the day considering Vegas says they're going to have at least a few Golden Knights players present. So be on the lookout for reports about players who aren't nominated for awards showing up in Vegas, I guess.

Samyy

By recent, it's been a couple of years.

I just went to a Best Buy and picked up a T-Mobile pre-paid sim card and credit to load on it. Forgot how much I paid but it was pretty cheap vs. what I would've paid with Rogers.

This sounds good, I'll try and see if this is still possible but it should be

can't you just get a temporary international data plan in Canada? I'm coming from the US to Montreal this weekend and added 100 MB of international data for $15.

Its like $40 for me for 200mb, I'd rather not pay that much for that little

Quick

Banned
can't you just get a temporary international data plan in Canada? I'm coming from the US to Montreal this weekend and added 100 MB of international data for $15.

Telcos have their own deals for roaming, but it's ultimately cheaper to just buy a pre-paid sim card, though this option is really only available for people with unlocked phones.

One detail with the Cats' jersey is perforated numbers

DCz28O3W0AEY52_.jpg

DCz2-fKVwAABi9D.jpg

Quick

Banned
One detail with the Cats' jersey is perforated numbers

A few teams took the perforated numbers. Looks slick on the Cats jersey. ��

Yep

https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-international-tourist-plan

T-mobile seems to have a pretty great tourist plan, unlimited data (2gb 4G LTE) for $30 vs. $40 for 200mb lol. Seems like I can order it online and have it delivered as well.

Ooh yeah. Was going to mention that plan. Exactly what I had when I was in Orlando for a week. It was good for what it was. Slower speed after eating up the 2GB kinda sucked, but it really wasn't bad. I pretty much posted on social media a TON during my trip, plus general usage.

RC

Banned

Marvie_3

Banned
how convenient he gets this "allergy" when his salary drops to $1 million and the blackhawks are in cap trouble with huge penalties if hossa retires
They're bullshit penalties anyway. It was a legal contract when it was signed. Retroactively punishing teams is stupid.

Man I just like watching Hossa play so I hope he doesn't hang em up this summer.
Same here. He was awesome last season. Plus I just bought his jersey and Id feel like I cursed him. :lol

The teams that will not have a 3rd jersey are likely Detroit, Montreal, Vegas (is it smart or dumb if you are establishing a new look with your mains?), Chicago, San Jose (unless boring black alt), Philly (unless boring black alt).
Chicago will probably bring back their black 3rds sooner than later.

Socreges

Banned
A few teams took the perforated numbers. Looks slick on the Cats jersey. ��

Ooh yeah. Was going to mention that plan. Exactly what I had when I was in Orlando for a week. It was good for what it was. Slower speed after eating up the 2GB kinda sucked, but it really wasn't bad. I pretty much posted on social media a TON during my trip, plus general usage.

I'm going to head to T-mobile tommorw and get this before I head back to Canada.

Koodo was offering me $40 for 150mb, told them to fuck right off. I rather just rely on the hotel's wifi.
I'm in DC right now and using Roam Mobility. $5 per day and I get virtually unlimited data (speeds throttled after 15GB per month), unlimited calling within North America, voicemail, etc. If you plan to use it again, it's probably the best short-term option. Just need an unlocked phone and to buy their sim card. If you're going for 3 weeks, though, T-Mobile looks like a better value.

The Hossa stuff just seems like cap circumvention to me. I understand him wanting to retire or do what is best for his health. I understand that. But not retiring and instead obviously going on LTIR "while he tries to recover" just seems like bullshit.

Marvie_3

Banned
The Hossa stuff just seems like cap circumvention to me. I understand him wanting to retire or do what is best for his health. I understand that. But not retiring and instead obviously going on LTIR "while he tries to recover" just seems like bullshit.
Bookmarking this for Parise/Suter.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Still wondering how Nashville will get out of the mess they made with Shea Weber. They might as well just shut the franchise down if he retires with a year or two left on his contract.

Quick

Banned
I'm in DC right now and using Roam Mobility. $5 per day and I get virtually unlimited data (speeds throttled after 15GB per month), unlimited calling within North America, voicemail, etc. If you plan to use it again, it's probably the best short-term option. Just need an unlocked phone and to buy their sim card. If you're going for 3 weeks, though, T-Mobile looks like a better value.

Thanks for this. Bookmarked to consider on a future US trip.

This is one of the big reasons why I spent extra to buy unlocked phones now. The CRTC did mandate unlockeing phones free of charge by request or at purchase starting in December, so that's cool.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Still wondering how Nashville will get out of the mess they made with Shea Weber. They might as well just shut the franchise down if he retires with a year or two left on his contract.

They could have just not matched that offer sheet and then he'd be the Flyers problem! :D

And they'd be fucked even harder.

No Sam Morin No Travis Sanheim. No Provolone. No Rubtsov.

Y
I
K
E
S

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Or you know.... give us back Subban when that happens

I'm sure that we'll have traded him to the Quebec Coyo-er, Nordiques by that point.

They could have just not matched that offer sheet and then he'd be the Flyers problem! :D

And they'd be fucked even harder.

No Sam Morin No Travis Sanheim. No Provolone. No Rubtsov.

Y
I
K
E
S

It was a bad hockey deal in hindsight, but probably something that they had to match for business reasons. A team that couldn't give away seats was about to lose their top face.

Solo

When time is Vegas' team being announced tonight? I dont give a shit about the NHL awards and would prefer just to tune in for the roster.

It's convenient timing, but Hossa is still a useful player so I believe that the symptoms and side effects are bad enough to stop him playing. He's not the first guy to have this problem.

http://www.hhof.com/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=11711

Yeah Tom Reid, former North Star, had a similar condition at the end of his career. It happens.

When time is Vegas' team being announced tonight? I dont give a shit about the NHL awards and would prefer just to tune in for the roster.

It is getting announced throughout the show from 7-9pm (central) in reverse standings order. So likely one or two players every few minutes for two hours.

Get out of here with this. Its clearly the Hawks cheating. Hossa is perfectly fine. Hawks r dirty cheeturz.

Hossa having the condition isnt suspect. A former North Star had it, as well as several others. Hell, my dad has it to some degree as well. Halfway through his sophomore year of college it started breaking out wherever he wore pads. Hasnt worn any since.

What is supect to me is that he is not playing next year and going on LTIR. The liklihood of him figuring it out and getting it fixed for next season (18/19) is incredibly low. Dude should be retiring if it is this bad, not going on a hiatus and giving the team a break.

It is a loophole that the Hawks are getting the advantage for, something that is going to be fixed in the next CBA and screw over other teams for doing the same thing.

If the bullshit cap recapture wasnt a thing this wouldnt be an issue. What a colossal fuck up allowing the NHL to retroactively punish teams for following the rules of the then-CBA.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah Tom Reid, former North Star, had a similar condition at the end of his career. It happens.

It is getting announced throughout the show from 7-9pm (central) in reverse standings order. So likely one or two players every few minutes for two hours.

Hossa having the condition isnt suspect. A former North Star had it, as well as several others. Hell, my dad has it to some degree as well. Halfway through his sophomore year of college it started breaking out wherever he wore pads. Hasnt worn any since.

What is supect to me is that he is not playing next year and going on LTIR. The liklihood of him figuring it out and getting it fixed for next season (18/19) is incredibly low. Dude should be retiring if it is this bad, not going on a hiatus and giving the team a break.

It is a loophole that the Hawks are getting the advantage for, something that is going to be fixed in the next CBA and screw over other teams for doing the same thing.

If the bullshit cap recapture wasnt a thing this wouldnt be an issue. What a colossal fuck up allowing the NHL to retroactively punish teams for following the rules of the then-CBA.
How are the Hawks getting an advantage out of this? Theyre better off with Hossa playing. They arent going to be able to replace him. If they have to trade for someone to fill his spot, they arent getting another Hossa and theyre going to give up significant assets to get that player.

Cactus

Banned
Hossa has probably been dealing with this condition for a while. I'm not surprised he decided to stop playing once his base salary plummeted to $1m. This was probably agreed upon a long time ago. He'll be on LTIR for the next four years. Not really a big deal, IMO.

Cake Boss

Banned
@TSNBobMcKenzie: It was suggested to me FLA's deal with VGK MAY actually be for Vegas to end up acquiring both Marchessault and Rielly Smith (also exposed).

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Let's start with ANA. The belief is VGK will claim Clayton Stoner, pass on Manson/Vatanen and, in return for all that, get Shea Theodore.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: In exchange for Haula/prospect, it's believed VGK will lay off exposed Dumba/Scandella/Staal, which means MIN could still trade a D in CHI.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Finally, TB. "Hearing" VGK may take Garrison contract from TB. No details beyond that; not yet sure on incentive or anything firm, TBH.

This is why Bobby Mac remains best in the business.

Top Bottom