• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Solo

This is actually (finally) going to be the year of tons of offseason moves and blockbusters thanks to the expansion draft. I suspect there will be lots of deals between tomorrow (end of trade freeze) and Saturday (draft). The next 72 hours could be crazy interesting.

What is supect to me is that he is not playing next year and going on LTIR. The liklihood of him figuring it out and getting it fixed for next season (18/19) is incredibly low. Dude should be retiring if it is this bad, not going on a hiatus and giving the team a break.

It is a loophole that the Hawks are getting the advantage for, something that is going to be fixed in the next CBA and screw over other teams for doing the same thing.

Sure, but why would he retire and get nothing when he can be "recovering" for the next four years and get 4M.

I don't begrudge Horton for not retiring either.

zroid

Banned
The Anaheim deal is an interesting one... I think it benefits the Ducks a little bit more than Vegas, but due to the Knights' situation as an expansion team I can see why they'd rather have Theodore than Manson or Vatanen.

Taking on Stoner is an unfortunate wrinkle for them tho

Cactus

Banned
The Anaheim deal is an interesting one... I think it benefits the Ducks a little bit more than Vegas, but due to the Knights' situation as an expansion team I can see why they'd rather have Theodore than Manson or Vatanen.

Taking on Stoner is an unfortunate wrinkle for them tho

Yeah, maybe there's a pick or something involved as well.

I mean, taking Stoner's contract isn't gonna hurt them at all, but I'm wondering why they would do that favour for the Ducks.

Cake Boss

Banned
That sounds like a really cool job, I wish I didn't suck at programming and stuck with it in college. Some of you guys here should legit apply for it.

Closing Date: 04/07/17

If you don't already have that job, I don't think you're getting that job.

Edit: Wait, is Canada Europe? Is that July 4?

imBask

Banned
Location flexible; ability to travel to Toronto several times a year is required

i'm actually really curious about how their system works, and the tools they have

also like, do they send you weird ass 480p video from the KHL? If the Canadiens were to open a spot I would apply in a heartbeat just by curiosity

iLLmAtlc

Holy shit at those rumoured Vegas deals. So many good players moving.

Also for Hossa it'd be pretty easy for the NHL to order an independent assessment and it's not like skin conditions are very easy to fake. Tho Hossa might have played through it these past years and decided not to anymore. His right tho.

yyzjohn

Banned
i'm actually really curious about how their system works, and the tools they have

also like, do they send you weird ass 480p video from the KHL? If the Canadiens were to open a spot I would apply in a heartbeat just by curiosity

Yeah it would be a dream job to any hockey fan. I'd love to be involved with the Leafs and working at the ACC.

Solo

So apparently Vegas has to announce all the players tonight that they picked from the 30 other teams....even though probably like half them they've already turned around and traded.

And then tomorrow they can announce all their trades.

So weird. So basically a player can find out tonight that he was picked by Vegas, only to find out tomorrow he's actually going to Columbus.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think that's july 4th because our date system makes sense

If it actually made sense, you would have written 4 July like a good Yuropeen commie rather than July 4th.

Anyway, the Star Tribune is saying the prospect going to the Golden Knights for signing Erik Haula is Alex Tuch.

McKenzie also says Fleury is going to be in Vegas tonight to be introduced as the face of the franchise.

PillarEN

If it actually made sense, you would have written 4 July like a good Yuropeen commie rather than July 4th.

Anyway, the Star Tribune is saying the prospect going to the Golden Knights for signing Erik Haula is Alex Tuch.

McKenzie also says Fleury is going to be in Vegas tonight to be introduced as the face of the franchise.

Awesome. Good for Flower.

imBask

Banned

when you read : $50, do you say "dollar fifty" ?

this one always confuses me, because in french we put the dollar sign where it's supposed to be

Quick

Banned
So weird. So basically a player can find out tonight that he was picked by Vegas, only to find out tomorrow he's actually going to Columbus.

The player probably already knows what's going on. I don't think it's going to be a surprise on their end as to what happens to them in the next few days.

How are the Hawks getting an advantage out of this? Theyre better off with Hossa playing. They arent going to be able to replace him. If they have to trade for someone to fill his spot, they arent getting another Hossa and theyre going to give up significant assets to get that player.

I think this will get buried by people thinking it's a cap circumvention move only.

Hossa had a nice little resurgence last year and unless the bjs want to give us back sadd and retain some salary there's no way he's being replaced.

I knew changes were coming but I was hoping Seabrook, not Hoss

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, not only do the Rangers not have any kind of deal with Vegas, they never had any intention of trying to make one. Cool.

He's going to be their Beezer.

Re:Bobo FLA tweets:
Sweet calcified Jesus

Solo

For some reason I was mixing up Haula and Fiala and I was wondering why the fuck Vegas was signing the guy with the utterly destroyed leg.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'll definitely be buying one of the new avs sweaters when available. I'll probably get it custom with "MEDIOCRE" as the name, that way I'm safe from trades ruining it.
Just put "HOCKEY PLAYER" on it. Mediocre might be too optimistic for the Avs.

Edit: Even HOCKEY PLAYER might be too optimistic for the Avs. Maybe PERSON instead.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers home opener is on October 5 (that seems really early) against the Colorado Avalanche, for some reason.

The most Bettmanesque of Bettman moves
If you thought that was Bettmanesque, you should know that the Coyotes' home opener is on October 7 vs. the Vegas Golden Knights.

AROOOOOOOOOOOOO INTENSIFIES

imBask

Banned
Rangers home opener is on October 5 (that seems really early) against the Colorado Avalanche, for some reason.

If you thought that was Bettmanesque, you should know that the Coyotes' home opener is on October 7 vs. the Vegas Golden Knights.

AROOOOOOOOOOOOO INTENSIFIES

AROOOOOOOOO x2

Silexx

And the leaks begin!

Raphaël Doucet‏ @raphdoucet 4m4 minutes ago

De source sûre, je peux confirmer que le joueur des @StLouisBlues choisir par les @GoldenKnights est David Perron.

Translation: Vegas is taking David Perron from STL.

Chris R

I'll definitely be buying one of the new avs sweaters when available. I'll probably get it custom with "MEDIOCRE" as the name, that way I'm safe from trades ruining it.

I might get one since my cheap home jersey I got two years ago is already falling apart

Top Bottom