• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Polak is a real gud warrior pro. Was actually playing pretty well before that injury.

I dunno man. I think he played his best after the injury.

Emelin traded to Nashville

Also who the hell are these peeps

Greg Wyshynski‏Verified account @wyshynski 3m3 minutes ago
More
Leafs sign Cliegg Lars for 1 year at $850K

Leafs sign Zam Wesell, 2 years at 750k

zroid

Banned

More

u sure these aren't players cooked up in EA Sports?

good names tho

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
u sure these aren't players cooked up in EA Sports?

good names tho

apparently whoever dropped that is about to get punched by me

they're fake

BUT THESE ARENT FUCK OFF

@LeafsPR

The #Leafs announced today the signings of F Colin Greening to a 1-yr contract, and F Chris Mueller and D Vincent LoVerde to 2-yr contracts.

zroid

Banned
Lca2opiYS7ms5EczAWTGhA.png

I heard Colin Greening might be the next captain actually. Good eastern Canada boy.

real talk, he might actually be the next Marlies captain though :lol

🔮

I dunno man. I think he played his best after the injury.

Emelin traded to Nashville

More

They are two side characters from Star Wars Episode 2 lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brooksie with some good info on the Rangers' day here: http://nypost.com/2017/07/01/rangers-make-enormous-splash-with-discount-kevin-shattenkirk/

Some highlights:

1) Shattenkirk made his contract offer to the Rangers, rather than the other way around.
2) The Rangers tried to trade for Tyson Barrie (again, they've been trying for a good year or so now) but were told that the price would be Brady Skjei. Fuck off, Sakic.
3) They also inquired about Jacob Trouba and Justin Faulk but were told they were off-limits in both cases.
4) The possibility of buying out Marc Staal is still not completely off the table.

So the expansion draft format is really pathetic in the end because it was designed to get Vegas to be competitive almost right away.

It wasn't designed for Vegas to take a bunch of players, many whose original teams would have liked to keep, and deal them for cheap.

Holiday

Banned
I missed that the Blues signed Thorburn for 2 years $1.8M and Beau Bennett for 1 year, $650K. Signing Thorburn is pointless, especially after Armstrong said they were considering whether they even need an enforcer (they don't). He said they didn't want to go "cold turkey." I guess it's hard to shake the habit of giving multi-year contracts to plugs.

Yawnier

Banned
If I had to guess the d-pairs to start the season:

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Marincin-Carrick

Just wouldn't surprise me at all if Babs had Hainsey on the top pairing

This probably isn't far off, with Marchenko being the 7th D. Dermott is the wildcard for me tho, if he plays great then I could see him in over Marincin

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Vegas retains roughly $1.2m of Emelin's salary

Brad Hunt (who the Preds had claimed off of waivers) signs with Vegas.

Apparently Nashville's keeping Emelin. Preds have a couple of Dmen in Milwaukee who, by many reports, are almost NHL-ready on top of that. Will be interesting to see what the Preds defense looks like when all the dust settles.

Acid08

Banned
Jones contract: that kind of term for a goalie isn't what I wanted to see but also, whatever. Money is maybe a little too much as well but, again, whatever. Glad to have him locked up.

Vlasic contract: I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck about the term being so long or the money being slightly too high. Shark for life.

Thornton's contract still isn't confirmed but I like it. He was definitely not going to get a three year deal from DW. Marleau no doubt has a much harder decision to make here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jones contract: that kind of term for a goalie isn't what I wanted to see but also, whatever. Money is maybe a little too much as well but, again, whatever. Glad to have him locked up.

Vlasic contract: I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck about the term being so long or the money being slightly too high. Shark for life.

Thornton's contract still isn't confirmed but I like it. He was definitely not going to get a three year deal from DW. Marleau no doubt has a much harder decision to make here.

I'm not surpirsed Marleau and Thornton aren't done yet. It really sounds like at least one of them was going to the Rangers right up until the point that Shattenkirk decided to sign. One (or both) of them was the plan B for that huge amount of cap space the Rangers had created.

Top Bottom