• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tony saying there's a very slim chance Markov signs with the Habs....

That's going to be a massive hole on the D line, I have no idea what Bergevin's back up plan would be.

okcTAgb.jpg

Bonino!!

Cake Boss

Banned
I just killed my 15th Xbox controller because of the NHL games using the sprint button on the analogue sticks.

Thanks EA for not letting us customize the controller layout. You are doing great work there 👍👍👍

I just killed my 15th Xbox controller because of the NHL games using the sprint button on the analogue sticks.

Thanks EA for not letting us customize the controller layout. You are doing great work there 👍👍👍

Hey if you get an official Xbox Elite controller for only 149.99 USD you can map the sprint button on your analog stick to one of the paddles. Soon you'll be playing like the pros.

You owe me endorsement money Dopey.
I've gone through 3 Xbone controllers, all LB problems, lousy build quality.

Cake Boss

Banned
I think I already went through 4 Xbox one controllers because of this issue. Could have gotten an Elite controller instead 😒

PillarEN

Why you heff to be so mad Excelsiorlef? It's only a game. In the end Vegas decided to go full rebuild mode. They won't be the expansion Sens bad. Heck they probably won't even be 2016 Avs bad.

Edit: what's this ETA bs you Canucks have?!?!? Almost was declined my flight to Toronto because the person guarding the check in didn't know it didn't apply to US green card holders.

Silexx

I had wanted to go downtown just to be able to experience part of the festivities, but my friends are all a bunch of homebodies. That said, with the way the weather was and the crazy lineups, it was probably the better move to not venture there.

zroid

Banned
Rielly is being completely miscast as a top 2 shutdown d-man, and pairing him with bottom 4 dmen who are forced to play up in the lineup is making matters worse for him

zroid

Banned
Meh. I thought that until I read some Tyler Dellow articles in the Athletic. Check it out if you have subscription.

I know the ones you're referring to, although I haven't read them. I've gleaned bits and pieces from what's been said on Twitter. I think there's something to it, but I'm not totally convinced by his QoC methodology.

Either way, I think that even if you can say Rielly has done -well enough- given the insane level of difficulty Babcock has tasked him with, the goal of a competitive team should be to have players excelling in their roles, not simply handling them. As it stands I don't think Rielly is ever going to be able to excel.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's hilarious reading the Facebook comments regarding all the Sylvain Lefebvre news the Habs have been posting. It's probably the one thing everyone agrees on, just constant shitting on his coaching and development.

That's what people don't seem to understand about the Hamonic offer. They are quick to jump on Sakic saying, "what more could you possible want!?" It's not about wanting more, it's the details of the deal. Hamonic didn't fit the timeline, flipping him for picks isn't ideal either as we'd like someone whose development we can asses rather than pure question marks. I don't think Sakic is asking for the moon, he's just trying to meet the teams needs, how crazy of him...

Cake Boss

Banned
Holy shit balls, you can actually map buttons on a regular Xbox 1 controller!!!

I switched my left stick down with LB for NHL hustle/sprint so I can prolong these shitty analogue sticks.

What a difference! I was legit considering a $200 Elite controller because of this issue.

Never mind the fact that Hamonic is constantly being injured on top of getting older. And the same people who freaked the fuck out over Sakic declining on Hamonic will yell and scream about how we need to start the rebuild already.

By trading for that? Just because we can? Lol.

Mentok

Banned
^^ I could see them "rebuilding" around Mackinnon and trading for assets to keep them competitive. Hamonic didn't fit their plan.

It's hilarious reading the Facebook comments regarding all the Sylvain Lefebvre news the Habs have been posting. It's probably the one thing everyone agrees on, just constant shitting on his coaching and development.
Even the Habs pundits assumed he would be gone with the transition to Laval. Keeping him, and Therrien's assistants makes 0 sense. If we lose Markov and Radulov the "Fire MB" chants will be loud this season.

Colorado has a young core don't they?

There's no way they should be rebuilding at this point.

Half of that young core is questionable.

Landeskog - bad leader, invisible all last season
Barrie - regressing if last year and the year before are any indication
Duchene - gave zero fucks last year and didn't even try to hide it

That leaves Mack, Jost, Rantanen, Zadorov (and some prospects potentially ie: Bigras, Mironov, Greer) that we could build around and hopefully we will do just that. But at the end of the day you're right, we don't need to give any of them up. We can if the trade makes sense, but we're kind of straddling the line between needing to rebuild and needing to retool.

Yeah that's also the reason why Sakic hasn't made a deal for Duchene yet, he's only going to do it if it makes sense. The support cast to our core is such shit, we have awful depth. Before Sakic came in our drafting was horrendous, probably due in part to the head scout. It's since improved or at least it seems so.

Quick

Banned
Holy shit balls, you can actually map buttons on a regular Xbox 1 controller!!!

I switched my left stick down with LB for NHL hustle/sprint so I can prolong these shitty analogue sticks.

What a difference! I was legit considering a $200 Elite controller because of this issue.

Did you change that in-game or through the Xbox One system?

Changes to the Avs for this season so far:

- Mikhail Grigorenko
- Fedor Tyutin
- John Mitchell
- Cody Goloubef
- Eric Gelinas
- Patrick Weircioch
- Francois Beauchemin buyout

+ Bernier
+ Wilson
+ Andrighetto signed for 2y/$1.4m AAV

Andrighetto - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Duchene - Compher
Wilson - Jost - Greer/Comeau
Nieto - Soderberg - Grimaldi
Colborne
Zadorov - Johnson
Mironov - Barrie
Bigras - Barberio
Lindholm
Varlamov
Bernier

Addition through subtraction is a go. Still not quite where we need to be with the bottom six, but its progress.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin is having a press conference at 3.....

Assuming it will be a lot of "I can't comment on that right now, I don't comment on speculation, blah blah" not even sure why he's having this with Markov / Radulov still unsigned.

Foggy

I would guess the Avs ask is Murray + Jenner + Carlsson which is pretty steep. I'd imagine if nothing happens today, then no trade.

Yawnier

Banned
I am too, but we got rid of four of the biggest defensive problems on the team. That just leaves Barrie.

Tbh if Zadorov and Bigras can take a step forward I don't think your guys defense is really that bad. Barberio is a decent 3rd pairing guy as well

Tbh if Zadorov and Bigras can take a step forward I don't think your guys defense is really that bad. Barberio is a decent 3rd pairing guy as well

Zads was on his way to making that step last year, but then got injured. I'm super hopeful for Bigras, but I'm really curious to see what Mironov can do.

Top Bottom