• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

imBask

Banned
Well we know bask isn't thinking clearly.

giphy.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What's the cap hit penalty if Price gets bought out/retires?

Does he have a seat reserved on Robidas island?

The Habs have no qualities of a Stanley Cup winning Ready team.

No Secondary Scoring

Father Time Defence

Shit Captain

and no number one center.

Nothing has changed, it hasn't changed since the late 90s. We are going to pay the price (bad pun) with that contract.

Prediction: Price will get injured in the playoffs, and Lindgren will play better than him

They also don't have Sergachev anymore

Why would they need Sergachev when they have a young stud in PK Subb--Oh right, the dumb thing. HE HAD CHARACTER ISSUES THOUGH! That 10 million dollars spent on the Children's hospital could have gone--Oh they're just racist, never mind. That's too bad, it really is too bad.

I'd agree they had no choice with Price though.

Foggy

Yeah, if your team is in such rough shape that signing the best goalie in the league to a contract that is 15% of cap instead of 12%, then you don't fix your problems by letting that same gm try to trade him for better value or let him walk.

And when everything is in flames and there's no where left to turn, Roy will be there.

YOU MONSTER

zroid

Banned
so marc bergevin has signed both the highest AAV goalie contract and the highest AAV defenceman contract in the cap era

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin being so straight up about his talks with Radulov / Markov is very unlike him.

Red_Man

Markov can retire in Florida or Vegas.

I don't want to offer him 12 freaking million over two years.
He played his best hockey of the last 5 years this past season, and besides Petry is our only PMD. Not to mention his 2 years carries a lot less risk than giving Radulov 5 years if that's what he wants.

yyzjohn

Banned
Look at every cup winning team the past decade. Not a single one of them had "the best goalie in the world" at the time of winning the cup, except maybe Boston. You don't need a $10.5M, worlds best goalie. You need a competent, good goalie, and more importantly you need a front loaded offense. Habs signing Price to this prevents that from happening.

A modern competent GM would have seen this situation coming and traded Price a year or 2 ago. Load up on prosects and picks and build for a brighter future. The time to trade Price was probably two years ago, but his near season long injury really screwed that up. Could have gotten a huge return for him. Oh well.

Red_Man

"If I told you what Radulov's agent was asking in January, you'd fall off your chair."--Bergevin in French.

Final offers are in to Radulov and Markov. "There's no negotiation."

Bergevin has never been this aggressive when talking with the media, must be his last attempt at a negotiation tactic. Don't see it working.

Top Bottom