• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

3oEduS8lEayGgIwtCo.gif

Damn

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does anyone know the current offer to Markov? With the prices defensemen are getting he might be smart not to settle.
It's believed he wants 2 years at $6 M per. I think if he had any offers that were much better, he would have taken them already.

At the end of the day, will an extra $1.5-2M in cap space make that much of a difference? Price was going to get paid.

I disagree about trading him now or back then. The goalie market isn't there anymore. They're going later and later in the draft and hardly any contender is just a top-tier goalie away from getting over the hump.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Re:Radulov. In JAN, agent asked for 8yr deal. Last month 7yrs. Last wk 6 years. Yesterday HABS offered take it or leave it 5yr deal #TSN690
If he's really saying no to a 5 year deal, I can see why Bergevin was being so savage today.

I hate that Brandon Manning is still on our roster and will be this season.

I don't mind Andy Mac as a player that much but at the price point we have him at.....

Weevilone

Note to self: Do not watch Blues broadcasts for the next 3 years.

It's fine really. You just have to watch live (no delay) and carefully align it with the radio broadcast.

Alternatively you can just turn down the sound and use your imagination. It's what I often do. Admittedly, I do miss JK.. but my imagination is FAR less annoying doing color.

Nice that Blues and Hawks fans can agree on things.

Solo

and then when you realize that Pacioretty is going to sign a 9M x 8 extension next year

I'd have to stop watching hockey for a few years for my own sanity.

Drouin will be great. Pure talent.

I tend to agree, but, those who are setting him up as the savior or next franchise player are going to be disappointed. I see him as a cornerstone player, but not as *the* guy.

Also, historically speaking, for whatever reason top offensive talent's production tends to dip in Montreal. If he could be a consistent 60 point guy I think we should all be happy.

Bergevin has never been this aggressive when talking with the media, must be his last attempt at a negotiation tactic. Don't see it working.

It's pure negotiation tactic smoke and mirrors. It's this year's "Galchenyuk will never play centre" or "we aren't shopping PK Subban". This is his attempt to gain leverage over both Markov and Radulov by publicly stating he can't afford both, in hopes they'll both lower their asking price

I think Drouin could -- could, not will be -- *the* guy for a team. He has the skill, he skates circles around guys on a semi-regular basis. Sometimes I'll forget about him and then see a highlight of him making a mockery of a team in the offensive zone and I'm like "wow, this guy is good. Why don't we talk about him more?"

Solo

I just hope we play Drouin and Galchenyuk together. Seeing Drouin finding those seams and setting up AGally for his lethal off wing one timer could be magical.

zroid

Banned
if the leafs really wanted an old fart LHD to sign to a 2 year contract, maybe they should've waited on Markov instead of leaping at Hainsey

and way better

not saying it would have been a great deal or anything, but i'd rather overpay a player who can make an impact (even a small one), than get Hunwick 2.0

Reilly and Hainsey together.

OOF

Then you see Yzerman signing Girardi and Bergevin signing Alzner and...

Man fuck the Atlantic.

Yawnier

Banned
Reilly and Hainsey together.

OOF

Then you see Yzerman signing Girardi and Bergevin signing Alzner and...

Man fuck the Atlantic.

I'm pretty sure the Buffalo motherfucking Sabres are the only team in the division that haven't done something half stupid this off-season yet

What a world we live in

Actually perhaps add the Bruins in there too?

zroid

Banned
Is there some kind of rule in Edmonton, where to write professionally for your local sports team, you are required to be as in the tank for executives and ownership as humanly possible?

j0CW9mLgRQSx554v5aQ-ZA.png

Is there some kind of rule in Edmonton, where to write professionally for your local sports team, you are required to be as in the tank for executives and ownership as humanly possible?

j0CW9mLgRQSx554v5aQ-ZA.png

That's the NHL in general.

Executives, ownership and coaches are infallible, players are the problem.

iLLmAtlc

Serious question, would anybody have even given Price that contract on the open market? I don't think anybody wants a goalie that badly when the league is moving to depth > everything else.

Looks like to me Montreal overpaid big time out of fear of losing him.

that is a high price for Carey

boo this man!

Top Bottom