• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
46 points last season......that's a lot of money they've tied themselves to for 3 years. Seems unnecessary. Wonder how much Babcock played into this decision.

Socreges

Banned
Ooh I've got it...

The Leafs have so much cap space that they can afford to blow millions over the next three years. In so doing they raise the average cap hit and handcuff other teams! It's brilliant!

Marvie_3

Banned
I love Marleau but thats a FUCKING STUPID contract. Lololololol

It's fine really. You just have to watch live (no delay) and carefully align it with the radio broadcast.

Alternatively you can just turn down the sound and use your imagination. It's what I often do. Admittedly, I do miss JK.. but my imagination is FAR less annoying doing color.

Nice that Blues and Hawks fans can agree on things.
I guess.

Pang is just fucking terrible. Can we send him and Eddie Olczyk to the Coyotes or some other shit teams broadcasts?

Cactus

Banned
I would be completely fine with the money and NMC if it was 2 years. The third year is what kind of makes me worried.

The point of this is that now JVR (who was probably asking for 7x7) can be traded without losing his 25 goals.

Merguson

Banned
Thornton: come back man we've got it good here.. why join them? have you seen steve simmons?

Marleau: look at this contract offer

Thornton: yo hook me up

Acid08

Banned
Kind of wish the Leafs did end up getting Thornton now, because if you're going to be absolutely stupid about money at least go all in.

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Thornton-Marner

Thornton still hasn't signed anything so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Acid08

Banned
I thought he did, so Jumbo just has a verbal intent with the Sharks right now then?

Yeah, the supposed deal was reported on but nothing official yet.

With Marleau leaving, I really hope Thornton stays. I don't know if I can handle both leaving at once.

Yawnier

Banned
If the Leafs are gonna dip into some of the LTIR money from Lupul and Horton for the next season or two they might as well go all in

Those rookie bonus overages tho.....

I had accepted the Hainsey deal. I was okay with the Moore deal. Now this.

There truly is no such thing as a smart management team in the NHL. All it would take is for someone with half a brain to get into an NHL management team and they'd dominate the league forever.

zroid

Banned
Figuring out what to do with that cap hit in year 3 when Matthews, Nylander, and Marner are making a combined $24 million is going to be... a challenge

Top Bottom