• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Cake Boss

Banned
And they still have this contract to pay lol. Not to mention Price's upcoming $8M + contract.

3617ec729a.png

That's a lot of money for guys over 30.

Solo

calder

Hockey is such a brutal sport sometimes. Can't let emotion or sentiment cloud even the smallest roster decisions. :(

My 10 year old nephew got his AAA sweater today and shared a pic. I noticed he's #29 now, after a lifetime of being #26 like his namesake Blake. It apparently wasn't an availability issue - he just wanted 29 instead like a shameless front runner.

Poor Wheeler, to be disrespected like that by the fickle fans, even the ones also named Blake. At least astroturfing will be happy. ;)

yyzjohn

Banned
Hockey is such a brutal sport sometimes. Can't let emotion or sentiment cloud even the smallest roster decisions. :(

My 10 year old nephew got his AAA sweater today and shared a pic. I noticed he's #29 now, after a lifetime of being #26 like his namesake Blake. It apparently wasn't an availability issue - he just wanted 29 instead like a shameless front runner.

Poor Wheeler, to be disrespected like that by the fickle fans, even the ones also named Blake. At least astroturfing will be happy. ;)

Will he switch to 34 after Matthews wins the calder?

calder

Oh yeah, has there been any more news or rumours about what Adidas is doing with the team sweaters next year? Are they all being changed a bit? Last I recall the third jerseys were being retired for everyone, at least for a year, but beyond that I saw it reported that every jersey would be changed at least a bit or something.

PillarEN

I like the story of Keenan trying to punish Kovalev by not letting him get off the ice. Kovalev didn't recognize the punishment and went on to score a goal.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's too much money for Radulov, but people saying he's just had one good year are discounting all his KHL years, the his playoff history past and present? He also played with an injury and Danault as his center for most of the year. He was the most important forward on this team, they need to sign him, even if they need to overpay a bit.

When asked if MTL would sign a top 6 center
When was the last time any reporter called a Bergevin trade / signing? I put pretty much 0 stock in any of this stuff, according to Bob, Bergevin is in on every deal for any super star, yet here we are.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Marinaro said today that he believes that Patches won't be captain next season, either traded or stripped of the C. Sounds a little dramatic, but who knows.

Solo

I am all aboard that fucking train. There's absolutely no way he can wear the C next year. Now, whether that means trading him or stripping him and hurting his feelings, I do not know or care which takes place.

imBask

Banned
Laraque says the new guy we just signed who went undrafted, Waked, is probably over McCarron in the hierarchy already

Oh Timmins

zroid

Banned
why do the habs always have so much self-inflicted drama

captaincy controversies are the dumbest shit ever. captains don't even do anything

Yawnier

Banned
why do the habs always have so much self-inflicted drama

captaincy controversies are the dumbest shit ever. captains don't even do anything

You need a captain who can be real gud in listening to a ref say shit whenever there are multiple penalties handed out because of a scrum or brawl

Shea Weber would be better at that then Patioready.

Also you need a captain to choose the music in the locker room.

yyzjohn

Banned
Marinaro said today that he believes that Patches won't be captain next season, either traded or stripped of the C. Sounds a little dramatic, but who knows.

Very rarely do you see a captain get the C taken away, most likely a trade to get rid of him as captain if they really want to do that.

Curufinwe

I am all aboard that fucking train. There's absolutely no way he can wear the C next year. Now, whether that means trading him or stripping him and hurting his feelings, I do not know or care which takes place.

I'd take him in Philly for Brayden Schenn. Then Weber can take over as captain.

Socreges

Banned
Lay off, zroid. I don't want him leaving again. 😞

How come Heiskanen has moved up so much? What's he done in recent months? Apparently one scout has him at #2.

Better start talking myself into Vilardi or Mittelstadt

Top Bottom