• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

calder

I don't even care about the start of the season that much, I just want training and rookie camps to open so we get some of that sweet web #content so I have something to read at work.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't even care about the start of the season that much, I just want training and rookie camps to open so we get some of that sweet web #content so I have something to read at work.

Honestly this. Have something to read or listen to on my commute to work.

Line_HTX

The Blackhawks lead all clubs with 17 total appearances on NBC and NBCSN, followed by the Penguins and Flyers with 16, and the Capitals, Red Wings, and Bruins with 15 appearances apiece, respectively. The expansion Vegas Golden Knights will be featured on NBCSN five times this season.

Once again, too many appearances by the Shithawks and Penguins. Most diverse NBC / NBCSN schedule ever my ass, this is shit.

imBask

Banned
idk the rookie camp is kinda the worst... Having to read Creeper and Red get hyped about players that will never play a game in the NHL gets old real fast

Marvie_3

Banned
Once again, too many appearances by the Shithawks and Penguins. Most diverse NBC / NBCSN schedule ever my ass, this is shit.
R4OnL7r.gif

Heretic

Let's see how many Ducks games are being shown!

Hm.

calder

Ugh, my least favourite part of any hockey podcast just started: the inevitable discussion about how the NHL doesn't "market" it's players well and which players should be "marketed" more.

What the actual fuck do people even mean by that? Is it up to the NHL to take hostages at a taping of Good Morning America and force them to interview Karlsson or Subban or whoever? Are there not enough commercials for HNIC on CBC? Is the league one Connor McDavid billboard in Times Square away from ratings success?

"Oh the NHL is so bad at marketing it's young stars!"
"How should they be marketing the game then?"
"Uh, you know.... better."

Marvie_3

Banned
Ugh, my least favourite part of any hockey podcast just started: the inevitable discussion about how the NHL doesn't "market" it's players well and which players should be "marketed" more.

What the actual fuck do people even mean by that? Is it up to the NHL to take hostages at a taping of Good Morning America and force them to interview Karlsson or Subban or whoever? Are there not enough commercials for HNIC on CBC? Is the league one Connor McDavid billboard in Times Square away from ratings success?

I need my NHL stars on everything from cereal to toasters to tampons. Just like darth vader.

ShaneB

It does go both ways sadly, most NHLers seem terrified to show any sort of personality.

Top Bottom