• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Syrinx

As much as I love the job Ron Francis and his front office has done, personally I'd like to see them at least crack the playoffs before I rank them top 5 in the league.

imBask

Banned
isn't it just because Hurricanes barely have fans, and therefore the only people left are the diehards that are happy with the way this team is going?

don't wanna throw shades i'm actually wondering why a fanbase of a team that hasn't made te playoffs in almost 10 years would be the 4th happiest about their front office

Cake Boss

Banned
Every front office ranked according to various criteria by a public survey of 1300 respondents: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...art-2-fans-weigh-in-on-how-each-team-is-doing

Here is just the raw list:

31. Colorado
30. Vancouver
29. Detroit
28. Montréal
27. New York Islanders
26. Boston
25. Low Angeles
24. Florida
23. Washington
22. New Jersey
21. San Jose
20. Buffalo
19. New York Rangers
18. Philadelphia
17. Ottawa
16. Chicago
15. Edmonton
14. Vegas
13. Arizona
12. Anaheim
11. Winnipeg
10. Minnesota
9. St Louis
8. Dallas
7. Cabletown
6. Columbus
5. Carolina
4. Toronto
3. Tampa Bay
2. Pittsburgh
1. Nashville

Toronto is way too high

Also here's a chart that shows how much fans like their team's front office versus how everyone else perceives it (the bar shows the 95% confidence interval based on how big the sample of fans polled was)

fanbase.png

Red Wings fans REALLY hate Ken Holland lol

Hahaha Ottawa has the most level headed fans? 🤔

Syrinx

isn't it just because Hurricanes barely have fans, and therefore the only people left are the diehards that are happy with the way this team is going?

don't wanna throw shades i'm actually wondering why a fanbase of a team that hasn't made te playoffs in almost 10 years would be the 4th happiest about their front office

I was speaking about the other one that had them fifth but that's probably part of it. Arizona is 2nd, after all.

PillarEN

Missing the playoffs by a massive margin was sort of the cherry on top. Gone are the days when people came to Detroit cause they thought it was the place to be for deep playoff run. It's a hockey hungry state so when you get into this situation after years of good times it shows hard on such poles.

Syrinx

What do the Habs really have in assets to pull off some sort of major trade either the rest of this offseason or the deadline? I guess Juulsen? Maybe Drouin if he lights it up and that contract looks like great value?

What do the Habs really have in assets to pull off some sort of major trade either the rest of this offseason or the deadline? I guess Juulsen? Maybe Drouin if he lights it up and that contract looks like great value?

Well our major blue chip Prospect is gone so it can't be Prospects. It'd be lots of picks.. and I don't think Drouin is getting traded again. He's here to stay. I bet it would be Pacioretty or Gallagher or something else.

I would like to see at least one offer sheet this offseason please.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just realized I forgot to unsub from the Humble Monthly, so I've got spare keys...

so....

does anyone want a key for Galactic Civilizations 3? I already have it.

Same for a copy of Pillars of Eternity.

I also have a copy of Dark Souls II, but Desi gets first dibs on that.

eyeless

I just realized I forgot to unsub from the Humble Monthly, so I've got spare keys...

so....

i very much would like pillars o' eternity if u still got it

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Every front office ranked according to various criteria by a public survey of 1300 respondents: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...art-2-fans-weigh-in-on-how-each-team-is-doing

Here is just the raw list:

31. Colorado
30. Vancouver
29. Detroit
28. Montréal
27. New York Islanders
26. Boston
25. Low Angeles
24. Florida
23. Washington
22. New Jersey
21. San Jose
20. Buffalo
19. New York Rangers
18. Philadelphia
17. Ottawa
16. Chicago
15. Edmonton
14. Vegas
13. Arizona
12. Anaheim
11. Winnipeg
10. Minnesota
9. St Louis
8. Dallas
7. Cabletown
6. Columbus
5. Carolina
4. Toronto
3. Tampa Bay
2. Pittsburgh
1. Nashville

Toronto is way too high

Also here's a chart that shows how much fans like their team's front office versus how everyone else perceives it (the bar shows the 95% confidence interval based on how big the sample of fans polled was)

fanbase.png

Red Wings fans REALLY hate Ken Holland lol

I feel like the rest of the league is a little behind on their perception of the Rangers' front office. I think the Slats era still dominates the public perception of how the team operates even though the organization has really changed its approach rather dramatically over the last couple of offseasons under Jeff Gorton, and most of the messes the team still has left are holdovers from that previous era (like Marc Staal's exorbitant contract, for example). There are going to be a few major tests in the next couple of years, and we'll need to see how this year's first round draft gambles manage to pay off long term, but it seems pretty clear we're headed in a much better direction in terms of general approach than our old "pay way too much money to players past their prime and hope for the best" approach under Sather.

so....

I'll take Galactic Civilizations 3 if you're offering.

Smiley90

I feel like the rest of the league is a little behind on their perception of the Rangers' front office. I think the Slats era still dominates the public perception of how the team operates even though the organization has really changed its approach rather dramatically over the last couple of offseasons under Jeff Gorton, and most of the messes the team still has left are holdovers from that previous era (like Marc Staal's exorbitant contract, for example). There are going to be a few major tests in the next couple of years, and we'll need to see how this year's first round draft gambles manage to pay off long term, but it seems pretty clear we're headed in a much better direction in terms of general approach than our old "pay way too much money to players past their prime and hope for the best" approach under Sather.

I'll take Galactic Civilizations 3 if you're offering.

aaaand you have a PM, too

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's where I'm stuck, unless he's willing to move some kind of package that involves Juulsen, BGally, AGally, I don't know what they can offer besides all the 1st round picks. That being said, there has to be more to not giving Markov a one year deal then simply he asked for too much money.

Quick

Banned

so....

Desi's soul isn't dark enough that he needs a second dark souls.

Wereroku

It's probably because of how many positive changes Ron Francis put in the last few years. It certainly seems like it it putting them in a good direction. However they also aren't terribly far off from the non fan votes.

However I am sure you are right about the diehards being a majority of folks calling themselves fans in the poll.

iLLmAtlc

Played NHL 18 EASHL yesterday. 3v3 is fun but I think it'll ultimately be a bit gimmicky and won't add too much long term. Love the idea of having some club games without cpu or 2s tho.

Also, there was 0 new builds on defence, so sad. Is that the case on forward too?

The gameplay also feels identical btw, tho I haven't tested out the new defensive skill stick in too much detail yet.

Marvie_3

Banned
Played NHL 18 EASHL yesterday. 3v3 is fun but I think it'll ultimately be a bit gimmicky and won't add too much long term. Love the idea of having some club games without cpu or 2s tho.

Also, there was 0 new builds on defence, so sad. Is that the case on forward too?

The gameplay also feels identical btw, tho I haven't tested out the new defensive skill stick in too much detail yet.
Yeah theres no new builds for any position.

PillarEN

I'm not sure what spawned this question, but ketchup and mustard are both incredible. Never buy mayo for home as it's a distant third for me.

imBask

Banned
Team Ketchup : "I really enjoy ketchup, but I respect everyone's choice"

Team Mayo : "LOL KETCHUP SUXXXX XDDDDD >.< SCREW YOU FONDLE MY BALLS LMAO"

RC

Banned
Spent my Friday night/Saturday morning in Edmonton.
Wasn't bad. The West Edmonton Mall wasn't nearly as impressive as it was when I was 5.

Smiley90

I had some mustard with my meat at Schwartz's in Montreal. It was good, and I generally don't put mustard on my food.

if anyone puts Ketchup on a Schwartz' I think I'll ask for the CBC to publically shame them.

Ketchup&Well Done Steaks is the Trump way, and we all know what that means.

Top Bottom