• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

calder

It does go both ways sadly, most NHLers seem terrified to show any sort of personality.

That's definitely a part of it too that most people don't talk about - just saying "the league needs to sell McDavid more" ignores the fact there's a real good chance Connor doesn't want to spend his whole offseason doing 7AM call in hits for random US sports radio shows.

PillarEN

On one hand if you want to be class clown type like Jeremy Roenick or PK Subban, cool. If you don't give a damn about celebrity whatsoever then more power to you too because for some that is not a blessing, but merely something they have to deal with.

PillarEN

Marvie you son of a bitch haha.

In regards to the Mr. I patch for the next season. I don't think they will wear it. They wore it from Mike Ilitch's death till the end of the season. I'd say that is long enough.

Time to place a Little Caesar's logo in place of it :D

:(

Socreges

Banned
Give it a few days then. Its one of the few things that they havent slapped star wars on. They'll probably look like light sabers. Jedi going in. Sith coming out.
Product line incoming and it's canon.

anakin-doesnt-like-sand-i-dont-like-sand-y-vaginas.jpg

Ayyy got my internet issues fixed so I can play my Switch online.

Played a few Mario Kart games online. Fun.

Probably going to buy Splatoon in a few weeks. Excited to try that one out.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So tangentially related, The Madison Square Garden Company just announced that they've bought Counter Logic Gaming. So MSG's 4 major teams are now the Rangers, the Knicks, the Liberty, and CLG.

imBask

Banned
So tangentially related, The Madison Square Garden Company just announced that they've bought Counter Logic Gaming. So MSG's 4 major teams are now the Rangers, the Knicks, the Liberty, and CLG.

that's pretty huge, can't wait for CLG to start buying every good player in every game

Marvie_3

Banned
i dont even know what CLG is but im sure its better than the Knicks.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not exactly surprising, but the Habs are wasting no time making Drouin the face of this team.

Socreges

Banned
Canes sign Brett Peace to six year deal. 4.025 AAV.
...who?

Seriously I know fucking nothing about the Canes. That's a big contract for someone I've never heard of.

Edit - ohhh ok it's Brett Pesce

Good ol' defensive stalwart Brett Pesce. Of course

???

PillarEN

...who?

Seriously I know fucking nothing about the Canes. That's a big contract for someone I've never heard of.

???

I think that goes for all of who aren't fans of teams in the Metro. I only know like 5 players on that team. Aho (cause of Astro), Ward, Faulk, a Stall brother who isn't Eric, Skinner and that's kinda it.

imBask

Banned
...who?

Good ol' defensive stalwart Brett Pesce. Of course

???

we play them like 5 times a year and I can barely tell you what color of jersey they wear, they're like the new and improved Devils

Marvie_3

Banned
I think that goes for all of who aren't fans of teams in the Metro. I only know like 5 players on that team. Aho (cause of Astro), Ward, Faulk, a Stall brother who isn't Eric, Skinner and that's kinda it.
I know at least half the team because half the team are ex-Blackhawks.

Socreges

Banned
Lemme see

Ward, Darling
Hanifin, Slavin, Pesce (now), Faulk
Staal, Aho, Rask, Skinner...Francis... maybe a Kostitsyn...Dahmer....

PillarEN

At least Syrinx sticks around. I remember some Devils fan coming in here early last season feeling hopeful about the team in 2017 and I pretty much laughed and said they wouldn't have a sniff at the playoffs. Well I don't think I saw him around here come December.

I mean it lovingly though. I don't blame Devils fans for not popping in here much last year.

zroid

Banned
Bored so I'm going to predict the Eastern Conference playoff qualifiers

METRO

1. PIT
2. NYR
3. WSH

FATLANTIC

1. TBL
2. MTL
3. BOS

WILD CARD