• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Solo

Markov among Habs D-men:

#2 All time in points
#2 All time in assists
#2 All time in games played
#3 All time in goals

Not worth a 1 year deal according to Bergevin. Fun fact: in 13 months BargainBin has let our top D pairing of Subban and Markov go. Rejean Houle 2.0.

yyzjohn

Banned
Markov among Habs D-men:

#2 All time in points
#2 All time in assists
#2 All time in games played
#3 All time in goals

Not worth a 1 year deal according to Bergevin. Fun fact: in 13 months BargainBin has let our top D pairing of Subban and Markov go. Rejean Houle 2.0.

I heard he wanted a 2 year deal at $6M each. You can't sign him for 1 year if he won't take it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Former Habs scout saying he's thinking Bergevin will try and take a run at getting Tavares at the trade deadline, hence making all this room for cap space. Seems ridiculous, but that would be something.

Solo

Cap space is great and all, but to land Tavares you need assets, which we don't have. Our prospect pool is a millimetre deep and the skill players we do have can't be dealt or we'd struggle to score more than a goal per game.

I suppose we could offer up several years worth of 1st round picks, but that's about it. I don't see Tavares in Montreal.

yyzjohn

Banned
Cap space is great and all, but to land Tavares you need assets, which we don't have. Our prospect pool is a millimetre deep and the skill players we do have can't be dealt or we'd struggle to score more than a goal per game.

I suppose we could offer up several years worth of 1st round picks, but that's about it. I don't see Tavares in Montreal.

Sign him next summer, he'll take less to play in Montreal.

Cake Boss

Banned
ALLL HAIL OUR NEW GOD LONGMA!!!

DF1IqtpU0AEsW4t.jpg

DF1FX0qXsAEsSkD.jpg

DF1IHj5XoAIz0dI.jpg

Syrinx

Former Habs scout saying he's thinking Bergevin will try and take a run at getting Tavares at the trade deadline, hence making all this room for cap space. Seems ridiculous, but that would be something.

That's putting a lot of stock in the Islanders sucking.

zroid

Banned
Every front office ranked according to various criteria by a public survey of 1300 respondents: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...art-2-fans-weigh-in-on-how-each-team-is-doing

Here is just the raw list:

31. Colorado
30. Vancouver
29. Detroit
28. Montréal
27. New York Islanders
26. Boston
25. Low Angeles
24. Florida
23. Washington
22. New Jersey
21. San Jose
20. Buffalo
19. New York Rangers
18. Philadelphia
17. Ottawa
16. Chicago
15. Edmonton
14. Vegas
13. Arizona
12. Anaheim
11. Winnipeg
10. Minnesota
9. St Louis
8. Dallas
7. Cabletown
6. Columbus
5. Carolina
4. Toronto
3. Tampa Bay
2. Pittsburgh
1. Nashville

Toronto is way too high

Also here's a chart that shows how much fans like their team's front office versus how everyone else perceives it (the bar shows the 95% confidence interval based on how big the sample of fans polled was)

fanbase.png

Red Wings fans REALLY hate Ken Holland lol

Top Bottom