• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

calder

Good lord what a slow day. I have vacation starting tomorrow and I honestly thought it must be close to 4pm and it's just fucking 2:30 what is this shit.

Quick

Banned
It was just a classic restore to factory settings which is available in the control panel in the recovery section under the advanced tab. "Return Your Computer To Factory Condition". All went well.

I'm guessing you're either on Windows 8 or 10, but both Operating Systems have the option to "refresh" your PC by wiping everything but leaving your personal files intact. It's pretty neat.

PillarEN

I'm guessing you're either on Windows 8 or 10, but both Operating Systems have the option to "refresh" your PC by wiping everything but leaving your personal files intact. It's pretty neat.

Windows 7 actually :D

I kinda wanted to wipe a bunch of files though. 4 years of build up ya know?

EDIT: Stupid question, but what would constitute as "personal files"? Like word documents and pictures and such? Would it wipe my installed games?

Quick

Banned
Windows 7 actually :D

I kinda wanted to wipe a bunch of files though. 4 years of build up ya know?

EDIT: Stupid question, but what would constitute as "personal files"? Like word documents and pictures and such? Would it wipe my installed games?

Yeah, documents, music, photos, videos, downloads.

PillarEN

Yeah, documents, music, photos, videos, downloads.

Right. There was plenty of stuff I needed to drop and clean up the computer anyways so I guess I went the right route regardless.

Would that method be useful if there was some nasty virus on a person's computer they couldn't get rid of, but they didn't want to get rid of their stuff like music? Or in that case would the only proper solution be a full factory restore as well?

Quick

Banned
Right. There was plenty of stuff I needed to drop and clean up the computer anyways so I guess I went the right route regardless.

Would that method be useful if there was some nasty virus on a person's computer they couldn't get rid of, but they didn't want to get rid of their stuff like music? Or in that case would the only proper solution be a full factory restore as well?

I'd say it would be. It basically resets your PC without deleting your personal files.

I haven't had to do a reset because of a virus, but it's thorough in cleaning your computer up.

zroid

Banned
sure would be nice if the NHL actually put the effort in to make their own site relevant instead of getting free labour from fans

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Fisher announces his retirement.

Preds were clearly building under the assumption that he wasn't coming back, but it still kinda sucks to hear.

Of course, this means that the Preds will need to select another captain.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mike Fisher announces his retirement.

Preds were clearly building under the assumption that he wasn't coming back, but it still kinda sucks to hear.

Of course, this means that the Preds will need to select another captain.
Who do you think will be the clear front runner? I assume PK isn't in the conversation, but it would be pretty funny to see him get it after getting sidelined from it in Montreal.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Who do you think will be the clear front runner? I assume PK isn't in the conversation, but it would be pretty funny to see him get it after getting sidelined from it in Montreal.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it go to Josi or Ellis. RyJo and Forsberg don't seem the type, and while giving Subban the C would make for a glorious shitstorm (and he's pretty clearly one of the top faces of the franchise), I don't think that the organization has the balls to do it.

zroid

Banned
AE1YrugYQa6PyQtzwGHLtw.png

that cable money was too enticing

iLLmAtlc

Captain will be Ellis I think. Been there the longest out of the contenders and I think there were a few games where he got the A and some of the others didn't.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've abandoned Apple and now have an S8. What are some must have's here? I've already installed the Google now launcher and gboard.

So sleek.

Socreges

Banned
I've abandoned Apple and now have an S8. What are some must have's here? I've already installed the Google now launcher and gboard.

So sleek.
Play around and experiment with widgets. Date/time/weather. Calendar, music, news. Etc. That'd be the biggest change, I think. Otherwise I'm not aware of any killer apps that aren't also available with Apple.

Play around and experiment with widgets. Date/time/weather. Calendar, music, news. Etc. That'd be the biggest change, I think. Otherwise I'm not aware of any killer apps that aren't also available with Apple.
My favorite difference is the obscene amount of customization options available. However thats not something everyone cares about

PillarEN

K-On! GAF outlived PopGAF.
kawaii

Can't say I was ever bothered by PopGAF other than the annoying inside culture that they would bring to other random threads once every blue moon. But that was sort of endearing rather than a problem. A minor itch rather than a knife gash.

Top Bottom