• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Can't remember last time we had such a soulless game. I mean we have pretty much B-team out there but still. Also truth to be told french used insane amount of their goal scoring chances. Still in a way it's always also nice to see small hockey country beating bigger one. First time ever France beats Finland in hockey.

Raptors..........

giphy.gif

Lowry :(

giphy.gif

Holiday

Banned
Aside from the usual problem with no-show veterans (Berglund, Perron) the Blues' biggest problem was the lack of playmakers, particularly at center. The teams left in the playoffs either have top-end offensive centers (Getzlaf, McDavid, Johansen, Backstrom, Kuznetzov, Crosby, Malkin) or reasonably talented center depth (Brassard, Turris, Zibanejad, Stepan). The Blues cannot compete with this at all.

I've read that they will be in on Drouin, which is fine, but will involve some shake up since they are already deep at LW (Schwartz, Steen, Fabbri). If I were the boss, I'd try for the following:

Parayko for Draisaitl
Parayko for Kuznetzov
Parayko for Galchenyuk +
Parayko for Nylander +

Parayko is amazing, but Pietrangelo is their 1D for the foreseeable future, and unless they want to keep losing series because they can't score, they'll have to trade defense, or hope to get lucky in the draft (lol). It's nuts to be wanting to trade Parayko since his value is so high, but I think center is the bigger need.

Things are different if Fabbri decides he wants to play center, but there has been no indication of that happening.

In my fever dreams they trade Pietrangelo for Tavares, but I realize that is delusional.

This franchise had, at different times, Oates, Brind'amour, Gretzky, Demitra, Turgeon. I need a top-end center to root for :(

Aside from the usual problem with no-show veterans (Berglund, Perron) the Blues' biggest problem was the lack of playmakers, particularly at center. The teams left in the playoffs either have top-end offensive centers (Getzlaf, McDavid, Johansen, Backstrom, Kuznetzov, Crosby, Malkin) or reasonably talented center depth (Brassard, Turris, Zibanejad, Stepan). The Blues cannot compete with this at all.

I've read that they will be in on Drouin, which is fine, but will involve some shake up since they are already deep at LW (Schwartz, Steen, Fabbri). If I were the boss, I'd try for the following:

Parayko for Draisaitl
Parayko for Kuznetzov
Parayko for Galchenyuk +
Parayko for Nylander +

Parayko is amazing, but Pietrangelo is their 1D for the foreseeable future, and unless they want to keep losing series because they can't score, they'll have to trade defense, or hope to get lucky in the draft (lol). It's nuts to be wanting to trade Parayko since his value is so high, but I think center is the bigger need.

Things are different if Fabbri decides he wants to play center, but there has been no indication of that happening.

In my fever dreams they trade Pietrangelo for Tavares, but I realize that is delusional.

This franchise had, at different times, Oates, Brind'amour, Gretzky, Demitra, Turgeon. I need a top-end center to root for :(

I'll trade you Beaulieu and Plekanec for Stastny.

Parayko for Galchenyuk eh? Add Schwartz or Fabbri to that deal then maybe we can work something out.

Yawnier

Banned
Parayko would be the perfect d-man for the Leafs top 4, he's young, has size and is skilled, and he is a RHD (would be a great partner for Rielly) but lawddddd it would hurt to give up Willy

Razorskin

----- ------
Parayko would be the perfect d-man for the Leafs top 4, he's young, has size and is skilled, and he is a RHD (would be a great partner for Rielly) but lawddddd it would hurt to give up Willy

Imagine the mane he could grow again if he was no longer under Lou's regime.

Let him grow.

On this day It's been thirteen years since I adopted my cat.

He's still mischievous as ever. He hasn't been having seizures ( knock on wood) for two months now. I'm happy I figured that out

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Had a guy who plays hockey try and tell me the Rangers defense is amazing, and that Holden is a very good player, and I don't understand because I don't play.

Like talking to Don Cherry in person.

Wow France.

Astro must be crying

missed the game so it kinda didnt happen in my universe, i have a dog suddenly living in my apartment who is old with incontinence problems and also drinks too much water so basically my life now revolves around trying not to get anything i own getting pee'd on. it's more fun than you'd expect tbh.

i should take him outside right now but we're leading 3-0 against the Czechs! plz just go pee on the bathroom floor old doggo if you have to, it's easy to clean. or hang on for a few minutes until intermission!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Had a guy who plays hockey try and tell me the Rangers defense is amazing, and that Holden is a very good player, and I don't understand because I don't play.

Like talking to Don Cherry in person.

but you're pretty much the habs don cherry?

Top Bottom