• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Kazerei

Banned
OK Ontario ppl (Leafs fans). I need a good place to get beer somewhere on the 401 from Montreal to like, Belleville I guess.

We're doing a weekend cottage thing next month (yes it's a while away) but I wanna know where to stop. My route is pretty much all 401 until around Prince Edward so anywhere around there. I'll drive a bit to hit a good place.

I want non Quebec shit. I want a decent LCBO too. Belleville? Kingston? I dunno. We're not spending any time in these towns but I'll stop in for stuff.

Thanks!

Also any restaurant recommends for the whole Prince Edward areas is cool. We're gonna be about 45 mins away but whatever, we'll drive for a decent meal. Sand banks area I guess? Picton, whatever.

I'm from Kingston, so I can tell you what's available here, but no idea about other towns.

Probably the best option is Division Street (exit 617). LCBO and Beer Store are both near the 401, plus a bunch of fast food restaurants (Tim Horton's, Starbucks, McDonald's, Harvey's, Arby's, A&W, etc.) and gas stations. It is basically the #1 pit stop.

The alternative is Gardiners Road to Midland Avenue (exit 611). Again, there's a LCBO and Beer Store, plus a Walmart Supercentre that has a McDonald's. It's a bit farther from the 401, but it might be slightly faster to get in-and-out since there's less traffic.

Now back to lurking...

Socreges

Banned
I don't mind the Flyers but honestly with that many Philly forwards my enthusiasm for Team Canada might be lessened a bit...

Wait Point is a Bolt...ok 5/12 isn't so bad

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
OK Ontario ppl (Leafs fans). I need a good place to get beer somewhere on the 401 from Montreal to like, Belleville I guess.

We're doing a weekend cottage thing next month (yes it's a while away) but I wanna know where to stop. My route is pretty much all 401 until around Prince Edward so anywhere around there. I'll drive a bit to hit a good place.

I want non Quebec shit. I want a decent LCBO too. Belleville? Kingston? I dunno. We're not spending any time in these towns but I'll stop in for stuff.

Thanks!

Also any restaurant recommends for the whole Prince Edward areas is cool. We're gonna be about 45 mins away but whatever, we'll drive for a decent meal. Sand banks area I guess? Picton, whatever.

Almost ignored you for calling me a Leafs fan.

You'll be in my neck of the woods(sort of). I have no recommendations for restaurants unfortunately except for Burger Revolution in Belleville, which has terrific burgers, but is very small and you might have trouble getting a table inside if you were looking for a nice place to eat.

There are a couple of breweries and wineries in the Picton area, but I've only tried Parson's Brewery, which had a tasty Pilsner, and what I assume was a good Pale Ale if you like them.

There's a craft brewery in Trenton that I really like but might be too far out of the way for you, called Wild Card Brewing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Creeper would make a better GM than Bargainbin

Hmmm I dunno, Creeper would have stripped Pacioretty of the 'C' given it to Gallagher, then stripped him of the 'C' and given it to Weber. Later on he'll strip Weber of the 'C' and give it to Sergachev.

Stasis

I'm from Kingston, so I can tell you what's available here, but no idea about other towns.

Now back to lurking...

Almost ignored you for calling me a Leafs fan.

You'll be in my neck of the woods(sort of).

Thanks guys! Sorry, I figured most Ontario ppl in here would be Leafers. I forgot a lot of Habs fans are in Ontario too!

So the Beer Store really is a good place to get craft stuff huh? I'm finding it's difficult to get specifics on what's carried but it does seem to be the place to go. Those two locations with both LCBO and Beer Store will be useful.

And we LOVE a good burger so I'll definitely check out that Belleville place. Hopefully the weather is decent and we can sit outside or something.

Cheers!

Socreges

Banned
Hmmm I dunno, Creeper would have stripped Pacioretty of the 'C' given it to Gallagher, then stripped him of the 'C' and given it to Weber. Later on he'll strip Weber of the 'C' and give it to Sergachev. Then he'd strip it from Sergachev and give it to 22nd Overall Pick.
Ftfy

Canes sign Scott Darling for 4 years

giphy.gif

4.15M AAV and limited no trade clause

tenor.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canes sign Scott Darling for 4 years

giphy.gif

4.15M AAV and limited no trade clause

tenor.gif

which means they have to protect him and expose ward&lack, right? or do either lack/ward have a NTC/LTC too? Wonder what happens in that case... where does it come from, since restrictions only account for protecting 1 goalie

ZeroGravity

Am I missing someone about Darling? Has he done anything to deserve that kind of contract other than one good playoff series in relief of Crawford?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Am I missing someone about Darling? Has he done anything to deserve that kind of contract other than one good playoff series in relief of Crawford?
His underlying numbers seem to indicate he's one of the best back ups / possible #1's in the league, but still seems like a big gamble to me.

zroid

Banned
which means they have to protect him and expose ward&lack, right? or do either lack/ward have a NTC/LTC too? Wonder what happens in that case... where does it come from, since restrictions only account for protecting 1 goalie

NTC doesn't mean anything for the expansion draft, only NMC. Ward just has a NTC, Lack has nothing. So they can protect whomever they want (obviously Darling)

Curufinwe

They will protect Darling.

You can leave as many goalies unprotected as you want. I don't see Vegas taking either Ward or Lack so they may end up trading one, possibly with retention.

Darlings been a pretty awesome backup; but he hasn't had the workload of a starter yet so I think its a gamble to see how he'll handle it throughout a fill year; especially now that teams will specifically game plan for him

I'm glad he got paid though

Mentok

Banned
Why is everyone freaking over a 30 year old dude who's never played 1 game in the NHL? He could be a complete bust.

I honestly don't get it either. I find it hilarious reading Habs fans on other forums losing their minds as though this should've been the 1C Bergevin goes for. Ridiculous.

Yawnier

Banned
Dwayne Casey needs the boot at this point. He clearly lucked out last year.

Still find it funny that Raptors 905 won a chip before the Raps will.

I was all aboard the fire Casey train like 3 years ago, don't know if he will get the boot yet because the raptors organization seem extremely loyal to him. I do think there will be a few changes in Craptors land though, if nothing else I have my doubts that Lowry will be back.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Virginia Beach is building an arena with NHL as it's primary goal

It’s approved: After scrapping plans to borrow from a Chinese lender, developers of a long-discussed arena near the Oceanfront will likely soon ink a financing deal with an American bank.

On Tuesday, the City Council signed off on a preliminary agreement between United States Management and Chicago-based investment bank B.C. Ziegler and Co.

The developer announced the deal last month, attributing the pivot away from the Chinese lender, in part, to distance and language barriers. The vote Tuesday puts the roughly $200 million complex at 19th Street a step closer to reality.

“This was a very positive move,” Councilman Bobby Dyer said after the meeting. “It’s going to be a tremendous amenity for the city.”

Source: http://pilotonline.com/news/governm...cle_7ceb6690-fccd-514b-9ce0-873693b04089.html

They got 10 months to get funding before they can start building this thing though.

The Craptors are gonna get swept by the Cleveland LeBrons :(((((((

That game was heartbreaking. For the first 3 periods I'm like. Oh maybe they can win this game then they unraveled in the 4th.

Raptors need to get rid of Casey and Lowry. Blow it up. Build around Derozan and the Rookies

PillarEN

I don't understand. Isn't the NHL interested in evening out the conferences? Why would we have another team right on the east coast? Or maybe the Hurricanes move there. See what your bathroom laws did?!?!?

Top Bottom